Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

Guest Len B'stard

See that? Unaffected, cool...effortlessly cool...shaving commercial cool :lol:

Or maybe just a WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

Guest Len B'stard

No, it's a message from one person to another...and the message is that you're a:

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

Aren't your three minutes up yet, whats up, you putting in for overtime here? I do so appreciate your concern, even if you are...

:jerkoff:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Heepstas always heeping and hopping to their darn ©rap.

I remember when riffshit stood proud. Before the great war (ON MUSIC!!!).

Why did we lose? We had the artillery. We had Brian Johnson and his cannons. FIRE!

Maybe it's my fault. I didn't cheer loud enough for CC DEville on the sunset strip. I let him down. I let everyone down.

I can save rock. I'll cheer for you now CEECEE.

33cYRWV.gif

I love AC/DC with a passion but this post was glorious.

Talking about AC/DC, the fanatics are kind of nuts. I wouldn't call them insecure but they are nuts. And Springsteen fans are a bit... how to say it... they talk too much about how awesome he is. But Michael Jackson fans win this, though in their case it's justified.

I think Kanye West fans have to be the most secure.

I don't care what the dude wears. He is one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of all time, and it has nothing to do with Wu-Tang or Tupac or some kind of purist ideology. They did their thing and it was amazing, now maybe it's time for something else.

Len I get what you're saying... But new movements in music happen all the time. Rap doesn't have to be confined to any sort of ideology anymore, and quite frankly it shouldn't be. It really closes a lot of doors to be a dismissive purist. I really hope your beef with 'Ye isn't exclusively that he wore a skirt once, or that he's not on the same philosophical level as Wu-Tang or Pac. He's on his own philosophical level, and to be honest I agree, I don't think his subject matter or concepts are as culturally significant as those artists from the golden age of hip hop, but as a musician, an MC, and a producer, he is a fascinating artist and a fantastic performer.

And to back Len up I'm not really feeling this punk rock hate. The Pistols were one of the most important and inspirational bands of all time. And I don't think most punk fans I meet are particularly aggressive. Hipster punks maybe, but most punks I hang out with pass the blunts and shoot the shit just like anyone else I meet.

And saying punk rock fans are an insecure fan base is REALLY broad.

I think the most insecure fan bases are the internet spawn forum lurking devoted fan boys, who follow any band or sub culture. It's important enough that they get online and discuss their favorite bands every day, so I think it's inherently easier for them to get offended and insecure.

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I think Kanye West fans have to be the most secure.

I don't care what the dude wears. He is one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of all time, and it has nothing to do with Wu-Tang or Tupac or some kind of purist ideology. They did their thing and it was amazing, now maybe it's time for something else.

Len I get what you're saying... But new movements in music happen all the time. Rap doesn't have to be confined to any sort of ideology anymore, and quite frankly it shouldn't be. It really closes a lot of doors to be a dismissive purist. I really hope your beef with 'Ye isn't exclusively that he wore a skirt once, or that he's not on the same philosophical level as Wu-Tang or Pac. He's on his own philosophical level, and to be honest I agree, I don't think his subject matter or concepts are as culturally significant as those artists from the golden age of hip hop, but as a musician, an MC, and a producer, he is a fascinating artist and a fantastic performer.

And to back Len up I'm not really feeling this punk rock hate. The Pistols were one of the most important and inspirational bands of all time. And I don't think most punk fans I meet are particularly aggressive. Hipster punks maybe, but most punks I hang out with pass the blunts and shoot the shit just like anyone else I meet.

And saying punk rock fans are an insecure fan base is REALLY broad.

I think the most insecure fan bases are the internet spawn forum lurking devoted fan boys, who follow any band or sub culture. It's important enough that they get online and discuss their favorite bands every day, so I think it's inherently easier for them to get offended and insecure.

I disagree with almost everything you say about hip hop and if it is evolving in that direction then i don't agree with it and I'm firmly with the people that stick with the original concepts, processes, ideology and sensibility of the originals because without that it ain't hip hop no more and the day hip hop completely rejects those ideals I will no longer be a fan of hip hop.

Hip Hop is B Boys, Hip Hop is hard beats, Hip Hop is rhyming your fuckin' guts out, Hip Hop is scratching, Hip Hop is a certain type of dress and culture and it represents, at it's core, a certain thing and thats just what it is. If you wanna change it's ideals, processes etc etc you're welcome to do so but don't call it hip hop because hip hop is ABOUT SOMETHING and that shit isn't interchangeable.

And furthermore the people it belongs to (and it does belong to a people, the same people it was created to represent) don't think it's ideals and functions and processes are interchangeable and the day it no longer represents those people and those ideas and ideals then it's no longer hip hop. This thing ain't a joke, it's peoples lives, it's a way of life, it's a way of thinking, it's a type of radical that isn't covered by what has been available before it's inception, it's potent and you can't turn it into whatever commercial pop chart shit wants it to be, just like you couldn't do that shit with punk, it just is what it is and it'll stay what it is until such time as nobody cares enough to tell the truth from that community anymore.

This ain't just my position it's the position of a great many and a great deal of that great many are the people that created this beautiful thing and it ain't up to me or you or us or someone else to decide how and where it evolves, it's up to that community and thats an end to it. That culture in fact, community is too small a word, community sounds like it means only the musicians.

And you can try and drown hip hop in commerce and it might work for a while but fundamentally it will never happen because hip hop is about something beyond that which can just be condensed and prescribed into commerciality, it's very functions are different, non commercial. The core of hip hop, MC purism, DJ purism, stuff like that, it's competitive by nature, it's like a sport and thats what makes it un-kill-able, unlike rock n roll which eventually became too immersed in being subjective, there is a mutual consensus thing to the competitive aspect of hip hop that is like a sport almost cuz everyone knows who wins a sport, it's obvious, just as with MCing, whoevers the sickest.

It's never THAT submerged in subjectivism, there's always a clear winner when you play by those rules, that makes hip hop a continuous thing...and it'll live on because of that, no matter what pop artist grabs hold of it and bluffs the masses into thinking it's about leather skirts and famous girlfriends with big arses.

See people jump on purists and fundamentalists when they are often the people that identify a universal core in all great cultural explosions and realise that, at their core, they have a common thread throughout all great artistic cultural rebellions and it's that uncompromising 'NO, this is the way!' attitude that makes them what they are, an unshakeable representation of A particular thing.

You adulterate by dilution, you don't evolve, evolve is what you do when a things true essence and ideals are perpetuated. You don't water a things ideals down and then hide behind 'oh, it's evolving', that ain't evolution, thats poisoning it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I disagree, that will live forever and survive just like it has since the 70s, a million trends have come and gone since then, whether it be skirts or shiny puffer jackets or rapping about bling and riches with Hype Williams videos or dookie rope chains and adidas and etc etc etc, that left field trend bullshit will die but you'll never kill hip hop, not ever, just like every other trend never changed it fundamentally, it just came and went but the core of it has always been since it's inception and has been evolving since its inception whilst at the same time, staying true to the ideals of that community, since it's inception.

Fundamentally you can't fuck with two guys rhyming against each other to prove whoose the illest, fundamentally you can't fuck with DJ skills evolving, the idea of whats a dope beat evolving, those things are the core, the fundamentals, those have existed for almost 40 years now, everything else is transient...and time will bear me out on this just like it has been since this thing existed.

Edited by sugaraylen

Hip hop was the way it was because of the time it existed in and the relevant issues.

It's too important to be put in a box and preserved. Or to have ancient acts selling million dollar vinyls to the highest rich white person bidder. That ain't hip hop either.

Guest Len B'stard
Hip hop was the way it was because of the time it existed in and the relevant issues.

Right but it's response to that was ideals that are universal, which is why it's alive today.

It's too important to be put in a box and preserved. Or to have ancient acts selling million dollar vinyls to the highest rich white person bidder. That ain't hip hop either.
See now thats interesting, or at least curious as an evolutionary step, it could fall or rise...but at least it don't sell out any kind of ideals or more accurately, the ideals and ideas of it's community.
I don't even know why I'm arguing this really, reality will bear me out on this just like it has since forever.
Edited by sugaraylen

Right but it's response to that was ideals that are universal, which is why it's alive today.

See now thats interesting, or at least curious as an evolutionary step, it could fall or rise...but at least it don't sell out any kind of ideals or more accurately, the ideals and ideas of it's community.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this really, reality will bear me out on this just like it has since forever.

I don't see how it isn't offensive to the ideals of hip hop.

But I'm not expert man. I just dig the music and the culture and I think Kanye has his place in it.

You got different styles of rock and different styles of hip hop I guess.

I mean I can see you aren't gonna budge on it, but I'd suggest you give some other hip hop artists a try. Atmosphere and Aesop Rock are two really good ones that come to mind.

What does Trent have to do with anything? He hasn't made angst rock in a while. And while I like some of it, that era is my least favorite in regards to NIN. You really are stuck in the 90s...

The fact you scoff at "shit music" and worship NIN and Trent like it's high art.

Hasn't made angst rock in a while? He's still doing the same old stuff.

NIN is just as formulaic as Nobody puts baby in a corner, you just can't admit it.

• Like 1

What does Trent have to do with anything? He hasn't made angst rock in a while. And while I like some of it, that era is my least favorite in regards to NIN. You really are stuck in the 90s...

The fact you scoff at "shit music" and worship NIN and Trent like it's high art.

NIN is just as formulaic as Nobody puts baby in a corner, you just can't admit it.

Well, maybe in the past decade.

I don't care how angsty his first three records are, they're phenomenal albums. The work of a genius.

I don't care how angsty his first three records are, they're phenomenal albums. The work of a genius.

Fair enough, nothing wrong with liking NIN or whatever...back in the 90's I liked NIN too.

But NIN is just as embarrassing as Motley Crue or Van Halen in their own special ways, it's just a different schtick and a different formula- Broski just can't admit it.

Fair enough, nothing wrong with liking NIN or whatever...back in the 90's I liked NIN too.

But NIN is just as embarrassing as Motley Crue or Van Halen in their own special ways, it's just a different schtick and a different formula- Broski just can't admit it.

I just don't think that's fair. Mötley Crüe and Van Halen have always been bad to me, and nothing in their catalogue stands out.

NIN came out with three genius albums, and like you said they have sortof fell into a repetitive lull.

But his side work, his soundtracks and HTDA are still pretty fresh to me.

They still murder it live though. So I don't think Crüe or Van Halen are fair comparisons.

Year Zero, Ghosts and The Slip sound absolutely nothing like what they did in the 90s. They are not industrial records. They are electronic/glitch/ambient/garage albums and they're fucking genius. Hesitation Marks is a little more encompassing of their older sound but still - angsty? Eh, not really. You just sound clueless about music DOOM. Either that or you're trolling. In any case, you should probably know what you're talking about before spamming "lol trent" 500 times like a crybaby.

They haven't done much in the ways of angsty music since With Teeth. They've made 4 studio albums since then.

Angst is fun I guess (in doses) but this is some of the stuff I love when it comes to NIN.

Btw, the fact that you feel the need to constantly whine and cry about Trent Reznor when he has absolutely no relevance to the topic in every single thread of the forum would place you among the top candidates for "most insecure" music fan. If you don't like it, fine. Don't like it. No one cares...

Edited by Broskirose

Says the guy who spams every thread on the forum with butthurt whining.

Oh an btw - from Page 2 of this thread

- People who constantly need to remind others how much they dislike a particular band/artist

- People who need to draw something on MS Paint in order to show how much they dislike a band/artist.

LOL :rofl-lol:

You never disappoint.

Edited by Broskirose

Says the guy who spams every thread on the forum with butthurt whining.

Like "buttrock" and "Nobody puts baby in a corner"?

It's funny how worked up you get over lol Trent where you are constantly deriding 80s rock bands (on a forum for an 80's rock band)...and you accuse me of trolling?

Wanker :lol:

• Like 1