Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

Thing is, I don't get worked up about it. You post it in every thread and I never address it. But you've decided to keep going on about it here out of nowhere, so I'm finally responding and now you're saying I'm getting worked up about it?

And of course, once I do address it you say nothing in response to the substance of my post and just go straight for the "butthurt" routine.

You're a joke. Go listen to your puberock and have a jolly old time. You aren't the first out of touch oldie and you won't be the last. But the next time you want to get into a debate about a group, you might want to have atleast a miniscule amount of knowledge on what you're talking about. That's all.

Thing is, I don't get worked up about it. You post it in every thread and I never address it. But you've decided to keep going on about it here out of nowhere, so I'm finally responding and now you're saying I'm getting worked up about it?

And of course, once I do address it you say nothing in response to the substance of my post and just go straight for the "butthurt" routine.

You're a joke. Go listen to your puberock and have a jolly old time. You aren't the first out of touch oldie and you won't be the last. But the next time you want to get into a debate about a group, you might want to have atleast a miniscule amount of knowledge on what you're talking about. That's all.

Lol Trent

NIN fans.

The NIN cheeseburger is an INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, LIFE CHANGING cheeseburger that all you cheeseburger eaters out ther are too dumb to have even entertained the thought of.

And when you are rocking out to the unique NIN experience imagining DOWNAWARD SPIRAL era Tent and Robin are slobbering on your cock like it's a two man lollipop you know that Bach and Mozart didn't know shit.

When Trent assumes that rock pose your tiny little cock bulges and you know that you alone are the only person on the face of the Earth that understands both Trent and Robin TOTALLY and you know nobody could ever come close.

• Like 1

I like it when Axl/nugnr fans say something extreme like, ''CD shits all over Appetite'', or, ''DJ Ashba is much better than Slash''. Volcano used to say things like, 'Ashba should give Slash guitar lessons''. These people are fuckin' bonkers!! I like it also how, mobile phone footage of Axl circa 2011-14 cannot be produced as evidence haha. Axl turns fat and his voice goes to shit and suddenly, phones become, 'shitty phones with tiny screens and poor sound' haha. What about the phones which recorded Axl when he had his mojo like in 2006?

It's a well known fact that 2006 nokias were superior to the smartphones of today :P

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah cuz NIN are well contemporary, aren't they? :lol:

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NIN are one of the most OVERRAATED bands of all time. (If you can even call them a band). They had some good stuff in the 90's, but they haven't done anything of note in a long time. If Trent Reznor is a musical genius, than Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, and many more have ascended into the Mozart and Bach levels of Musical Godhood. (which I love Lennon and Hendrix, but Mozart they are not.)

It just goes to show how the bar has been lowered across the musical spectrum, and you all talk about how I dislike current music. It's because the standards have been radically lowered people. Trent is ok for what he did and is, but genius he is not.

Yeah cuz NIN are well contemporary, aren't they? :lol:

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As in - popular among the mainstream? No, not really. They've had several #1 albums and their live shows receive critical acclaim but they obviously aren't considered in the same likes as Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. No one ever said they were.

Nor are they trying to be. Year Zero, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip are not remotely commercial music.

Trent's monotone whining is genius, he even mixes it up with monotone moaning- then he brings it with the angry shouting!

It's every bit as clichéd and tired as "buttrock" or whatever Broski wants to call real music :lol:

You're the one who brought NIN up and the same person who's refusing to acknowledge any points of discussion and just throwing out insults. You come across as an incredibly insecure middle aged guy who needs to bash anything he doesn't like in hopes that it will somehow make him younger.

If you don't like NIN good for you. Their music will continue to chart, their concerts will continue to sell, Trent will continue to win awards and buttrock will continue to die.

Guest Len B'stard

I can't really claim to be any kind of expert on NIN, it just sounded like a bunch of shit. Really really typical and...just the look and the content and those horrible vocals, these things (genre grooves, like Industrial etc) the way people seem to fuck em up is that they think each one has as much mileage as another but it don't work that way. There's only so far you can go with industrial and quite frankly the shit sounds better coming out of Steve Albini, a lot of these after-the-fact chappies seem to just kinda adopt this archetype? I'm not saying that it should only be the ones who start the shit, shit should be spread right out but when a thing just doesn't have that much mileage in it it just gets kinda hackneyed quick...and thats my take on a lot of that Industrial shit.

As far as like, the whole cliche thing, c'mon, like that fuckin' whole scene wasn't as bad a fuckin' stereotype as Emo or fuckin' 80s glam or even the wrong end of how punk ended up.

• Like 1

NIN's early work was nothing short of genius. The instrumentation, popularization of industrial music, and the raw power.

It's also really cool that he did most of the work on the first three albums alone.

I think NIN is absolutely fantastic. One of the best acts in recent years. I agree that they've tapered off a lot since the 90s, but it doesn't change the fact that Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile were all very interesting and powerful albums.

Guest Len B'stard
As in - popular among the mainstream? No, not really. They've had several #1 albums and their live shows receive critical acclaim but they obviously aren't considered in the same likes as Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. No one ever said they were.

My point was you were having a go at Doom for being an out of touch oldie and whilst singing up a band that are over a quarter of a century old, look up what contemporary means, it has nothing to do with popularity among the mainstream.

P.S. WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

I can't really claim to be any kind of expert on NIN, it just sounded like a bunch of shit. Really really typical and...just the look and the content and those horrible vocals, these things (genre grooves, like Industrial etc) the way people seem to fuck em up is that they think each one has as much mileage as another but it don't work that way. There's only so far you can go with industrial and quite frankly the shit sounds better coming out of Steve Albini, a lot of these after-the-fact chappies seem to just kinda adopt this archetype? I'm not saying that it should only be the ones who start the shit, shit should be spread right out but when a thing just doesn't have that much mileage in it it just gets kinda hackneyed quick...and thats my take on a lot of that Industrial shit.

As far as like, the whole cliche thing, c'mon, like that fuckin' whole scene wasn't as bad a fuckin' stereotype as Emo or fuckin' 80s glam or even the wrong end of how punk ended up.

Ok, but they haven't continued to put out industrial records, you realize that, right? They dominated the genre and then they moved on. Posted this on another forum the other day -

Pretty Hate Machine - synth pop/rock

Broken (EP) - heavy industrial metal

The Downward Spiral - industrial rock

The Fragile - industrial tendencies, experimental (lot of organic instruments and textures)

With Teeth - hard rock/pop

Year Zero - electronic experimental (noise, glitch, etc)

Ghosts I-IV - ambient

The Slip - garage

Hesitation Marks - electronic rock

Guest Len B'stard

Ok, but they haven't continued to put out industrial records, you realize that, right? They dominated the genre and then they moved on. Posted this on another forum the other day -

The Fragile - industrial tendencies, experimental (lot of organic instruments and textures)

Ghosts I-IV - ambient

The Slip - garage

:lol:

Fuckin' hell, how many ways can you slice an orange, 'well first it was industrial right...then it went to noise glitch, then it's uh...experimental with lots of textures...and then it's 'ambient'...and then it's ELECTRONIC experimental...the electronic bit is key here', thats hilairious :lol:

And then people call me pretentious :lol:

My point was you were having a go at Doom for being an out of touch oldie and whilst singing up a band that are over a quarter of a century old, look up what contemporary means, it has nothing to do with popularity among the mainstream.

P.S. WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

I wasn't having a go at anyone. Re-read the thread. He came in raging out of nowhere. And you just couldn't resist the urge to pile on.

Go back a few pages. It's all there.

Again, if you don't like NIN that's great. No one cares. I'm not trying to convince you they're the greatest thing ever. But their "whining" albums as DOOM describes them are among my least favorite. That's not really why I listen to them. I'd even go so far as to say I find some of that music grating.

I like their later experimental work. One of my favorite albums is just a double disc instrumental record. That's the stuff I'm talking about when I reference NIN. Not Head Like A Hole.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think if they were that broad, but I definitely wouldn't shoehorn them into just the industrial corner. Although popularizing industrial music is what NIN is known for.

See Broski, you can actually like a band and still be honest about em, it's easily done :)

• Like 1

I don't think if they were that broad, but I definitely wouldn't shoehorn them into just the industrial corner. Although popularizing industrial music is what NIN is known for.

See Broski, you can actually like a band and still be honest about em, it's easily done :)

What exactly have I said that's any different to what he did? I'm not saying that The Downward Spiral isn't their most well known album? Of course that's what gave them success. I've never argued anything different.

You're just being a tool.

Guest Len B'stard
I wasn't having a go at anyone. Re-read the thread. He came in raging out of nowhere. And you just couldn't resist the urge to pile on.

'you're just an out of touch oldie'...hey there Record Store guy, where's the Industrial section? Y'know, Industrial. Look man, back in 1987 right there was this thing...' :lol:

Again, if you don't like NIN that's great. No one cares.

Ooh i think somebody somewhere does :lol:

• Like 1

Ghosts I-IV - ambient

The Slip - garage

:lol:

Fuckin' hell, how many ways can you slice an orange, 'well first it was industrial right...then it went to noise glitch, then it's uh...experimental with lots of textures...and then it's 'ambient'...and then it's ELECTRONIC experimental...the electronic bit is key here', thats hilairious :lol:

And then people call me pretentious :lol:

Len, do you know what industrial music is?

Briefly skim through some of the songs I posted in this post http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207380-most-insecure-fanbases/?p=3766974

I can provide many more. That isn't industrial music. If you're still not following I don't know what else to tell you.

'you're just an out of touch oldie'...hey there Record Store guy, where's the Industrial section? Y'know, Industrial. Look man, back in 1987 right there was this thing...' :lol:

Again, if you don't like NIN that's great. No one cares.

Ooh i think somebody somewhere does :lol:

He came at me like 80 times. Not just in this thread. In about 50 others. So I called him old. Boo hoo. You're such a baby. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

What exactly have I said that's any different to what he did? I'm not saying that The Downward Spiral isn't their most well known album? Of course that's what gave them success. I've never argued anything different.

You're just being a tool.

With your huuuuuuuuuuge list of all these genres they've covered. 'well see this is keyboard oriented ambient shiatsu rock and this is electronic crickle-crackle glitch pop' and blah blah blah blah blah.

See, this is why you're a massive massive massive massive...

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

Len, do you know what industrial music is?

I have a pretty good idea, yes.

He came at me like 80 times. Not just in this thread. In about 50 others. So I called him old. Boo hoo. You're such a baby. :lol:
Cuz you haven't been whining the last 6 or 7 posts of his thread huh? :lol:
WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I never said they covered a bunch of genres. I said they aren't still doing industrial metal anymore. And they aren't...

I'm well aware of the fact that industrial is a subgenre/half genere of electronic music.

They released one industrial EP and one industrial album. The Fragile and With Teeth had some industrial flair here and there. But since then, they've released 4 studio albums, remix albums, etc and none of it comes close to qualifying as industrial.

Why you are trying to argue like some sort of expert on the band when you just admitted you are not an expert on the band is beyond me.

Really man, give it a rest.

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard
I never said they covered a bunch of genres. I said they aren't still doing industrial metal anymore. And they aren't...

And illustrated that point with a list containing a bunch of different styles that they apparently were doing, yeah, right :lol:

Why are you trying to argue like some sort of expert on the band when you just admitted you are not an expert on the band is beyond me.

I'm not, I'm getting my three minutes in man, i thought it was that time of the day, another Broski UNICEF moment :lol:

Really man, give it a rest.
Why, it's hilairious to behold. Broski tries to be cool, Broski tries to be funny, Broski goes into uptight bitch mode, Broski tries to get out of that by acting unaffected, Broski can't handle it when his 40 year old social anxiety having hooray for tolerance! boyfriend Trent gets made fun of, Broski goes into bitch mode again.
But seriously can i have 6 minutes today? maybe 10? Oh go on :lol:
WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Trent-Reznor_2009.jpg

Can ya feel the angst? :D Somebody get him a pen and a paper, i think Trents about to have a journal moment :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1