Most insecure fanbases

bacardimayne

I'm not as big a fan of NIN as I used to be, but really, comparing them or their fanbase to Mötley Crüe or their fanbase is ridiculous.

Yeah I'm a couple pages late, but whatever.

I agree....I actually like both bands but their fan-bases couldn't be more different.

Nirvana fans, or at least around my town they are. I've got nothing against Nirvana myself, I even like a fair share of their songs, but overall they're not something I can listen to over and over again. I said that almost exact same thing once when I was asked what I thought of the band, and suddenly this other person was insulting a bunch of groups I listened to, and even more that I didn't listen to. It was a really weird and mildly amusing experience.

Random fun fact: some dude on Twitter got into an argument with me last year because he was upset that NIN didn't play more of their older heavier material at a show in LA he was at. I was like "dude do you even understand the concept of touring an album?" and then he raged on me. Looked at his profile and it turned out he was the guitarist of Fear Factory or something. :rofl-lol:

Edit: Dino Cazares

Dino_Cazares.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Gunns
Stop acting like this is some important mortal combat web warrior shit.

So THATS how you look at this shit, well thats a very illuminating insight into your perception Broski, thank you.

I'm trying to have a discussion here and you're just cherry picking irrelevant details like the fact I forgot a word...really dude?

Im not though am i, because i was criticising your need to revise when you were laying out that genre list.

But it's kind of difficult when someone just posts "WANKER" and insults left and right

Juvenile huh? Kinda like posting a billion smileys at someone cuz they use the shit, banging on about someones grammar, criticising the fact that they dare to use words in a vernacular from another country and generally trying to be a comedian. Seriously man, whats the matter, why are you such a bitch, why can't you take it like how you dish it out? Oh I think I know, cuz you're a....

WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :lol:

but then conveniently gets all serious whenever they see something they ma see as a contradiction on my part (when in reality it was just poor reading comprehension on yours)

Revising agaiinnnn, tut tut tut. What gets me is the shit is all written down here, why bullshit like that, anyone that gives half a shit only has to scroll a couple of pages back.

But like I said, I'm gone man, it's been riveting though Broski, thank you very much, I haven't laughed so much since the 80s :lol:

In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. Len does not shrink from this responsibility -- he welcomes it. He does not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light mygnrforum and all who serve it -- and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. Len, we thank you.

Guest Gunns

This just in from Nobody puts baby in a corner Daily

newspaper_zpse8602f7e.jpg

I saw that article printed in this mornings paper in my local area. I think the paper was called Girl Rock Gazette

This just in from Nobody puts baby in a corner Daily

newspaper_zpse8602f7e.jpg

I saw that article printed in this mornings paper in my local area. I think the paper was called Girl Rock Gazette

Stalker_zps027126c6.jpg

Shocking developments in the world of Haircut Rock :wow:

Edited by DR DOOM

NIN is my favorite band ever. Robin is probably my favorite guitarist. I by no means get offended when people say NIN sucks or whatever or that Robin plays like shit. Robin is a footnote in GNR's history and the discussion is really limited here. Thankfully there are NIN forums where people can post picutres, discuss setlists, etc. The NIN thread in My World is excellent but yeah. The good NIN fans are not here.

NIN is my favorite band ever. Robin is probably my favorite guitarist. I by no means get offended when people say NIN sucks or whatever or that Robin plays like shit. Robin is a footnote in GNR's history and the discussion is really limited here. Thankfully there are NIN forums where people can post picutres, discuss setlists, etc. The NIN thread in My World is excellent but yeah. The good NIN fans are not here.

Yeah, but you have a sense of humour, a good one even.

• Like 1

If you need to constantly write "Lol personidontlike", make fake newspaper articles and MS Paint drawings to convey your dislike for a single musician, you're probably not too secure in your own music taste.

Read through this thread Broski, it's quite clear who is insecure.

I don't even "dislike" the single musician, I just enjoy taking the piss out of your hard on for Robin and Trent, and making you look like an even bigger fool than you do yourself.

If you didn't go around posting rubbish like "Nobody puts baby in a corner, buttrock and dadrock" everywhere we wouldn't even be in this situation.

I'm just giving you a taste of your own childish dick medicine, you humourless little wanker.

I post "Nobody puts baby in a corner" once in a blue moon. I don't fucking go arts and crafts with it like you do.

You can say it's all in fun but I genuinely have gotten the impression that you're furiously angry on more than one occasion. Maybe I'm misreading you, but you come off as incredibly insecure.

And you still haven't seemed to grasp the concept that the music I listen to by NIN isn't even the stuff you criticize. I hardly listen to rock music at all these days, let alone "haircut rock" whatever that is.

I like his more experimental work with the Ghosts album (which you can claim to have heard all you want, but we both know it's bullshit), HTDA and his soundtrack work for which he has won Golden Globes and Oscars (in this decade!).

That's pretty much mostly what I listen to these days in general. Electronic music and film scores. NIN may be one of my favorite bands, but as with Guns I prefer the more obscure material. I don't consider your favorite NIN album Pretty Hate Machine a great record by any stretch of the imagination.

I just figured you should know that you aren't even criticizing my music taste when you think you in fact are. If you're going to do it, atleast do it right. :P

Edited by Broskirose

I post "Nobody puts baby in a corner" once in a blue moon. I don't fucking go arts and crafts with it like you do.

You can say it's all in fun but I genuinely have gotten the impression that you're furiously angry on more than one occasion. Maybe I'm misreading you, but you come off as incredibly insecure.

Well then, it seems you don't know your asshole from your elbow, which isn't all that surprising.

You genuinely come across like a sweaty, humourless little teenage wanker who has never had sex before and posts comment on youtube quoting what was said in the clip over and over.

You don't have to write me an essay on NIN, it just shows how insecure you are.

I think it just goes to show that terms like Nobody puts baby in a corner etc are just fucking stupid, and do nothing but enflame and cause arguments.

See, like right now you come across as incredibly angry.

Again, might be misreading. And it wasn't an essay. Just letting you know that you're failing at criticizing my music taste.

Don't let "Nobody puts baby in a corner" piss you off. It was used before me and it will continue to be used well after. Just get over it.

See, like right now you come across as incredibly angry.

Again, might be misreading. And it wasn't an essay. Just letting you know that you're failing at criticizing my music taste.

Don't let "Nobody puts baby in a corner" piss you off. It was used before me and it will continue to be used well after. Just get over it.

You have failed to notice that I'm generally the first one to laugh at myself, and that you're pushing shit uphill if you think you're going to come out on top in any kind of piss taking contest with me.

Why don't you just take your own advice and get over haircut rock?

There's nothing to get over because I don't listen to haircut rock nor do I know what it is. The only thing I've said about it is that I don't think it's going to catch on, and let me reiterate - I don't think it's going to catch on. But hey, if it does good for you. I'm sure you'll consider it a great victory. :rolleyes:

You come off as angry (and a little obsessive) to me. I've already acknowledged that I could be wrong. Not sure what else you want me to tell you.

Edited by Broskirose

Yeah, but you have a sense of humour, a good one even.

i love you sis

• Like 1