Why no talk of finck returning?

and yes NIN are very relevant but not a chance anyone knows who he is or gets credit for what he does there....

:rofl-lol:

NIN fans love Finck. And NIN fanbase is incredibly big. If you think people out there are dying to know what's going on with Axl's band, you're wrong.

• Like 2

Because he's now in a relevant band called Nine Inch Nails. He will never 'be back' and couldn't be happier, I enjoy him in NIN with a real professional like Trent Reznor.

its laughable to say that NIN new material is as good as their old material. i've been listening to NIN for 20+years and like most of what he does. but when he puts shit out people still give him a pass because he is an artist and writes all his own blah blah blah. l had to force feed hesitation marks down my throat to like it, whereas i loved cd from the first listen.

blah blah blah

clearly you know better than Robin Finck himself the pros and cons of working for Axl vs. Trent. /thread

just as well as you do

Lets see. Robin was Axl's employee for many years, and of the massive pile of music he recorded for GNR, only the tiniest fraction got released, and only a relatively few number of shows were played, all due to Axl's inability to get anything actually done.

Yes, Robin will return to that. Ok. Sure.

its laughable to say that NIN new material is as good as their old material. i've been listening to NIN for 20+years and like most of what he does. but when he puts shit out people still give him a pass because he is an artist and writes all his own blah blah blah. l had to force feed hesitation marks down my throat to like it, whereas i loved cd from the first listen.

It can't be laughable since it's only your opinion. I think the worst NIN song is still 300000 better than the 'best' song in Chinese Democracy. Finck loves NIN, NIN loves Finck. Why would he leave all of that to join a band that only covers other people's material? I don't get it.

can't argue with a NIN fanatic just as much as you can't argue with a GNR headcase...goes both ways. I am a realist in both bands.

Well said- the debate over which band is better or has more fans or whatever is completely irrelevant to this topic; the fact still remains:

You'd have to be an idiot to return to GNR at this point.

Ignore this statement all you want, folks, but nobody in his right mind with a shred of a reputation and/or dignity is joining this organization, returned or otherwise.

I know (hope) threads such as these are purely hypothetical, ...alternate-universe flights of fancy, but still...

Robin could replace dj but can't Ron unfortunately, technically, he is on another level.

While that much is true, I have no doubt that Robin would rewrite those solos and make them interesting rather than try to replicate them note for note and failing. We know who does that...

We know that for unknown reasons Axl has wanted to fire DJ a few times and given what we've seen on the last tour he's hardly the golden boy.

I've never heard of that and I've been following them for a long time. When did that happen? I'd love that to be the case but DJ seems to be Axl's golden boy, yes.

Never heard that either

It can't be laughable since it's only your opinion. I think the worst NIN song is still 300000 better than the 'best' song in Chinese Democracy. Finck loves NIN, NIN loves Finck. Why would he leave all of that to join a band that only covers other people's material? I don't get it.

All he does for the most part in NIN is cover other peoples material no? Doesn't Trent write 99% of the material? But I guess that doesn't apply in NIN case just guns.

Edited by circusboy666

Just woke up and skimmed through this thread. Can't be bothered to go back and quote posts but to touch on a few things -

Robin is the most recognizable figure in NIN besides Trent. Not the case with GNR obviously. As for the possibility of him not touring with NIN for a leg or two in the future, I doubt it.

When I started to put this band together for this cycle I thought 'What if I really stir things up and bring in some people you wouldnt expect and flip it on its head?' What I found then was that Robin wasnt a part of that initial rehearsal. I had really underestimated how valuable what he brings to the table is. Its excellent musicianship and its also spirit. Singing those songs, looking over and not seeing or sensing him there wasnt right, it was then I realised Id very much miscalculated this. The second he walked through the door it was like 'My bad I fucked up here and it wont happen again.'"

If Robin doesn't tour with NIN in the future it will be by his own choice (as it pretty much always has been).

And lol at saying someone is a delusional fanboy because they like NIN's newer material. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Anyways - Robin isn't coming back. No sane person would. He's touring with a much more relevant band and when he's not he should be working on his solo album. Not that I wouldn't love if he worked with Axl again - only if he really was intent on pushing GNR forward and not just going around in circles of nostalgia. But considering it looks like they're heading back to South America later in the year, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Edited by Broskirose

its not about liking the newer NIN material, just admitting its not as good as his previous works. much like CD isn't as good as AFD or Illusions. i like hesitation marks, but in mine and many others OPINION NIN has definitely lost its edge/grit. but thats not my point...

Fact is finck does in NIN what posters accused him of not wanting to do for GNR...play/cover other artists written material. stradilin/rose/slash/mckagan wrote many of the songs for guns whereas trent reznor writes almost every song for NIN. what is the difference?

we can not know why robin picks NIN over guns bc no real answers were ever given. the door can just never be closed though bc this is GNR and bc robin is a complicated guy

can't argue with a NIN fanatic just as much as you can't argue with a GNR headcase...goes both ways. I am a realist in both bands.

I'm not a NIN fanatic. I don't need be a fanatic to see what band is more relevant, more professional and what band put out a better show.

Trent Reznor is better than Axl in every aspect. Finck has worked with both Trent and Axl and is currently working with Trent. The fans of the band he is in, love him. Why would he want to go back to an irrelevant unprofessional band? This is third time I'm asking you, and you're still NOT able to answer.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

its not about liking the newer NIN material, just admitting its not as good as his previous works. much like CD isn't as good as AFD or Illusions. i like hesitation marks, but in mine and many others OPINION NIN has definitely lost its edge/grit. but thats not my point...

Fact is finck does in NIN what posters accused him of not wanting to do for GNR...play/cover other artists written material. stradilin/rose/slash/mckagan wrote many of the songs for guns whereas trent reznor writes almost every song for NIN. what is the difference?

we can not know why robin picks NIN over guns bc no real answers were ever given. the door can just never be closed though bc this is GNR and bc robin is a complicated guy

Yeah, but it's just your opinion. I prefer their newer material to Pretty Hate Machine and Broken and know others do as well. I also prefer CD to AFD ad the Illusions.

Robin could replace dj but can't Ron unfortunately, technically, he is on another level.

While that much is true, I have no doubt that Robin would rewrite those solos and make them interesting rather than try to replicate them note for note and failing. We know who does that...

We know that for unknown reasons Axl has wanted to fire DJ a few times and given what we've seen on the last tour he's hardly the golden boy.

I've never heard of that and I've been following them for a long time. When did that happen? I'd love that to be the case but DJ seems to be Axl's golden boy, yes.

MSL was sent some stuff from Beta's hacked email account. All we got from it was Better Gone plus a short description of various emails including. Have a google. It was posted here in the last week or two.