I am trying to plan a vacation for one.

arnold layne

I went backpacking alone around Europe? You usually end up meeting people there anyway so you are never alone for long. In actual fact, I said 'Europe' but I ended up liking Barcelona so much that I ended up staying there for most of the period haha.

Never fancied Vegas so I cannot comment. If you like to gamble and see chubby Axl live, I suppose it is a good place to visit.

• Like 1

I have a work friend who lives alone (she never married) and she will often go on holidays by herself. In fact the times she has travelled with someone else has been the least successful trips she's had. There's nothing worse than travelling with someone you don't know like a brother or sister. There's always those personality flaws that you never need to experience when you hang out with someone for a few hours at a time. At best: rather awkward. At worst: fucks your holiday!

I think travelling alone is a great thing to do when you're young, especially if you stay at hostels. I travelled around Europe with my 'husband' for a year. Some of that time was in private accommodation, some of it was in hostels. We had BY FAR the best time in the hostels. There was such a communal environment and in the evenings we met so many awesome people. I have no idea where all those people are now but in those evenings we had together it was really memorable and takes you out of your comfort zone, out of normal routine. It's great and I think it would do you a world of good Arnold. :)

I went backpacking alone around Europe? You usually end up meeting people there anyway so you are never alone for long.

I think the kind of person that would have no problem making new friends on a trip is the same kind of person that would have an active social life in the first place and wouldn't have to go alone if they didn't want to.

I've done alone many things that are usually considered social activities (e.g. going to concerts) including a short vacation once (in Barcelona as it happens). I've never met anyone. :shrugs:

Edited by GivenToFly

I don't have a current passport.

It's not hard to get one, you know? Fill in the form, attach a photo, send in form >>>>>> passport arrives in letter box. :awesomeface:

Yeah, but he has to work in 3 weeks... It takes a few weeks here to get it so... Don't know about the US though.

It's not hard to get one, you know? Fill in the form, attach a photo, send in form >>>>>> passport arrives in letter box. :awesomeface:

Yeah, but he has to work in 3 weeks... It takes a few weeks here to get it so... Don't know about the US though.

I must have missed something.....Arnold has to work in 3 weeks? Yay!!! :awesomeface:

Who needs to go overseas? There's plenty of fun at your doorstep. Or a short domestic flight away. :thumbsup:

Go to Vegas, Nate. I reckon you'll love it and there are plenty of opportunities in such a social place to meet some cool people and just hang out. Plus, there's lots of alcohol. Sounds great to me. :)

NYC is fucking rockin'. I've loved that place every time I've been. Vegas just seems so crass in comparison to New York. So shallow and so lacking substance, which makes sense considering its just there in the middle of the desert. There's doesn't seem to be any proper reason for its existence. NY on the other hand has so many layers, so much diversity, so much history. It's just a fucking great city.

• Like 2

Has anyone left to go on vacation alone?

My plan is to purchase tickets to Las Vegas for less than $400 round trip and spend a few days there. Is there plenty to do as someone going by themselves or should I reconsider?

Let me hear some stories!

Sure, many times. Back packing through Eastern Europe is recommended. You get to meet many people, it is cheap and lots too see and do Italy, too.

Oh. USA, then? I dunno. I've been to San Francisco many times. That's a cool city. Chicago is nice, too. Lots to do in New York and Washington DC is surprisingly cool. But get a passport, dude.

Edited by SoulMonster

man i cannot wait to do a vacation for one, i always end up traveling with someone, probably because im so popular, LOL!

I plan to jump a flight to cuba or something ASA[appropriately]P (next winter).

Also looking at Toronto late September for jays games / UFC.... Orsys where u at.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Depends where you are, what you wanna do. If I were in America, I'd want to check out Burning Man.

NYC is fucking rockin'. I've loved that place every time I've been. Vegas just seems so crass in comparison to New York. So shallow and so lacking substance, which makes sense considering its just there in the middle of the desert. There's doesn't seem to be any proper reason for its existence. NY on the other hand has so many layers, so much diversity, so much history. It's just a fucking great city.

NYC is great.

Edited by Snake-Pit

man i cannot wait to do a vacation for one, i always end up traveling with someone, probably because im so popular, LOL!

I plan to jump a flight to cuba or something ASA[appropriately]P (next winter).

Also looking at Toronto late September for jays games / UFC.... Orsys where u at.

orsys will you put me up for a few days? We'll do a kick starter and turn it into a forum version of "Blind Date"

Edited by Jackie Moon

Go to Croydon and get blazed with Snake-Pit

Yes, yes, yes; see how I roll, fuck yeah I'm up for that, will get you stoned, will need passport, and maybe other ID like license if you don't want to use your passport at bars, drinking age here is 18... Girls love guys with accents, yeah man.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I just came back from Vegas, I go there by myself from time to time, and I always have a blast

but over there you have to be somewhat social or else you'll find yourself with nothing to do

especially if you don't gamble

Hard to say without knowing where you live.

But what do you love to do? You seem to love sports and drinking. So maybe your vacation should involve an area that features those things? What about a simple Vegas trip? Gambling, drinking, sports, tons of women, tons of cool things to do.