Tracy Morgan critically injured in car accident

pestilence

Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan was critically injured in a six-vehicle accident Saturday morning that left at least one person dead, police said.

Morgan, 45, was traveling in a limo bus with six other passengers on the New Jersey Turnpike in Cranbury around 1 a.m. after performing a standup routine when the vehicle overturned, New Jersey State Police Sgt. Gregory Williams told FoxNews.com.

James McNair, of Peekskille, New York, a passenger in the limo bus, died in the crash, Williams said. Three other men, including Morgan, were in critical condition, and one was in fair condition, he said. Two occupants weren't injured.

A truck driver from Georgia was charged with death by auto in connection to the crash, prosecutors said. Middlesex County prosecutors said 35-year-old Kevin Roper, of Jonesboro, also faces four counts of assault by auto stemming from the crash. His bail was set at $50,000, and he was expected to turn himself in later Saturday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/07/tracy-morgan-critically-injured-in-car-crash/

I have sympathy for the truck driver to be honest. From my limited knowledge, he was worked to the bone as being a truck driver takes a lot of time off of you, I'd imagine. 82 hours a week of straight driving only to crash into some semi-famous unfunny man and now the whole country hates the poor bastard.

I have sympathy for the truck driver to be honest. From my limited knowledge, he was worked to the bone as being a truck driver takes a lot of time off of you, I'd imagine. 82 hours a week of straight driving only to crash into some semi-famous unfunny man and now the whole country hates the poor bastard.

Wow.

So a guy rear-ends another car - KILLING one passenger and sending three others to the hospital, one who will spend a month there....and your sympathy is for the driver who caused the accident and you also have to insult one of the people who almost died?

Sometimes you make it hard to root for you.

Wow.

So a guy rear-ends another car - KILLING one passenger and sending three others to the hospital, one who will spend a month there....and your sympathy is for the driver who caused the accident and you also have to insult one of the people who almost died?

Maybe the employer's to blame a bit for it too though if they were making him drive too much or something? It wasn't intentional I suppose?

Truck companies don't "force" their drivers to work long hours. They do pay more if you can get the job done quicker, but they don't force anyone. I believe several states have laws about truck drivers taking a certain amount of time off after 8 hours on the road.

Wow.

LOL!

Root for me?! Am I some sports team to you Apollo?

Here are the facts: If this wasn't Tracy Morgan, nobody would give a shit, and you wouldn't have even heard about the incident. The news reported 11 of these incidents happen every day. It just happened to be the day some unlucky fool runs into Tracy Morgan.

Another fact: Truck Drivers get compensated by mileage and making demanding timelines. Now I am not condoning his accident, but I will say that he is not 100% to blame. There is a high probability that he was only following protocol and expectations of his employer. This man does not deserve a lot of jail time imo.

Edited by arnold layne
  • Like 2

Wow.

Maybe the employer's to blame a bit for it too though if they were making him drive too much or something? It wasn't intentional I suppose?

Truck companies don't "force" their drivers to work long hours. They do pay more if you can get the job done quicker, but they don't force anyone. I believe several states have laws about truck drivers taking a certain amount of time off after 8 hours on the road.

he's being charged cause he hadn't slept for 24 hours before the crash

Sorry Nate, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I have more sympathy for the person who was KILLED and those that were injured than I do for the unsafe driver who was operating a big rig even though he hadn't slept for 24 consecutive hours.

But I guess since you think one of the victims of the crash wasn't "funny" and because you don't like the truck driving laws........

And just for the record, Federal regulations permit truck drivers to work up to 14 hours a day, with a maximum of 11 hours behind the wheel. Drivers must have at least 10 hours off between work shifts to sleep. So the blame in this accident falls on the driver, not the company he worked for.

But hey, no biggie. Morgan wasn't funny, so the guy who died - who was a writer for Morgan - certainly couldn't have been funny either. Who cares if these unfunny B-list comedians get injured or killed!

And that's why I cannot stand this bullshit. Such a fucking awful double standard. Why not release the victims of the kids that were shot today at school? OH THAT'S RIGHT, THEY AREN'T TRACY FUCKING MORGAN.

This is about Tracy Morgan. You are welcome to start another thread.