Dexter opening theme

Hey guys, last month I started watching Dexter, TV show, and just finished the first season today (yes, I am slow). Dexter, for who haven't watched yet, is a serial killer that hides his real personality from everybody, and he deals with several problems along the episodes because of his fear, that nobody would like the "real" him.

Wondering, did Axl ever said something about the intro he used until.. 2014, I guess?

(If there is already a topic for that, sryyy, and link me please)

He was probably just showing his support for the show. If he's anything like the rest of the sane fanbase though, he's probably trying to forget about the hot garbage it became by season eight.

ahahahhah, heard about that crappy end too, but I need to see it by myself

Edited by Duwz

He was probably just showing his support for the show. If he's anything like the rest of the sane fanbase though, he's probably trying to forget about the hot garbage it became by season eight.

Well fair sailing to you. Trust me, it gets pretty bad. Think of the worst television ending you've seen, and add it to "The Room". Whatever the hell comes out from that is probably better television than season eight.

I fucking loathe season eight. I was such a huge fan of Dexter - even through seasons 5 and 6, which, lets face it, were a fairly significant drop in quality from the first four seasons. By season 7 I felt that they finally got back their mojo and I was so excited to see how they were going to wrap things up. And then season eight happened. Urgh. It's not even just the way it ended, the entire last season was plagued by weak writing, no sense of climax and pointless storylines. Dexter could've gone down in television history as a Breaking Bad-calibre show, but season 8 ruined any chance of that.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

I think the show's been left open for the future, it's probably going to be up to Jeff Lindsay and Michael whether they want to pick up when Harrison's older. The book series doesn't follow the TV series so who knows.

Jeff's Lindsay's Twitter is @dexterjeff , I don't know if he knows the whole thing about Axl naming his cat after his character.

I think the show's been left open for the future, it's probably going to be up to Jeff Lindsay and Michael whether they want to pick up when Harrison's older. The book series doesn't follow the TV series so who knows.

Jeff's Lindsay's Twitter is @dexterjeff , I don't know if he knows the whole thing about Axl naming his cat after his character.

I just started reading the first book. Very much enjoying it so far. I've seen all the seasons already on netflix. kind of wish I read the book first, but nonetheless the book has me sort of hooked. I'm at about 50% through with it.

I fucking loathe season eight. I was such a huge fan of Dexter - even through seasons 5 and 6, which, lets face it, were a fairly significant drop in quality from the first four seasons. By season 7 I felt that they finally got back their mojo and I was so excited to see how they were going to wrap things up. And then season eight happened. Urgh. It's not even just the way it ended, the entire last season was plagued by weak writing, no sense of climax and pointless storylines. Dexter could've gone down in television history as a Breaking Bad-calibre show, but season 8 ruined any chance of that.

You know what the worst part of it all is? It wasn't just a bad season. It's a bad season that makes you go back and pick out the minor flaws of even the good seasons and inflate them until you just can't enjoy the show in general any more. Although, I will say, watching season eight all at once isn't as bad as having to wait a week between showings. But maybe that's because I already know it will suck, instead of just having a strong suspicion that it will.

The last few seasons of Dexter were cringeworthy to watch at times. I think it was almost like an endurance contest for most of us fans to see if we could stick it out until the end :lol:

After a certain point, the only reason I kept watching was so I could watch it die. In the end, the worst antagonist the show had was the show itself.

I just started reading the first book. Very much enjoying it so far. I've seen all the seasons already on netflix. kind of wish I read the book first, but nonetheless the book has me sort of hooked. I'm at about 50% through with it.

The books have a decent plot, but after the second one they're pretty poorly written, in my opinion. Also, the third one had a really weird story to it, but it was still okay.

I have to admit that I started watching DEXTER because Axl was a fan. I had the good fortune to meet Michael C Hall at the stage door of his Broadway play the Realistic Jones. www.realisticjoneses.com . He was so nice and handsome! He told me that I was really sweet when I gave him a gift bag that included my totally awesome DEXTER fan fiction . Season 5 was my favorite. It was one of the greatest nights of my life!

I kind of liked it. I was expecting more, but I didn't think it was as bad as most people thought.

It was totally easy to guess he wasn't going to die at the end. I so wish they would have just left him dead. I thought letting him go out together with Deb, the one constant in his entire life, would atleast have been fitting. He says I think in the beginning if he could have feelings he would have them for Deb and I always thought that is pretty much having a feeling lol I liked there characters together. I liked lumen (my fav) I liked Rita (mostly because I like her in Angel) and the last chic was hot but she was kind of boring.