Slash was one of Lemmys most frequent visitors during his recovery

Call me crazy, but I would put money on Slash going to visit Axl in the hospital if anything catastrophic happened to him.

That's off topic, but yeah. I can totally see Slash worried and trying to visit if something happened to Axl.

Beta would have armed guards at the door.

Slash is such a good guy ... Wasn't Slash who was at Steven's side, in the hospital, when he almost died because of an overdose?

I'm sure Axl did that for Steven once, I read some interview where he said he woke up and Axl was sitting in a chair looking concerned.

'I blinked. I blinked again. It was Axl. Axl got up and was now standing over me. He smiled. He looked genuinely relieved. He said, “Man, that was close, Stevie.” He was the only one there. Later, a nurse told me he had sat by my bed the whole time.'

Orly? I thought Slash was the cool guy ... the one who would stand for a friend, a bandmate, a brother ... :awesomeface:

Well, people change ... never's too late to be a better person and to say sorry for our past mistakes.

Slash: After returning from jail: When I found out later that Axl was the one who scraped together the bail money; I was touched. That was pretty cool of him [bozza, Anthony, & Slash (2007). Slash. Harper Entertainment: New York]

Steven: Axl did some loving things for me that surpass anything the other guys did for me, so who am I to praise or condemn? I love the guy to this day, I honestly do ["My Appetite for Destruction", 2010]

Steven: After waking up at the hospital after his first OD: I blinked. I blinked again. It was Axl. Axl got up and was now standing over me. He smiled. He looked genuinely relieved. He said, "Man, that was close, Stevie." He was the only one there. Later, a nurse told me he had sat by my bed the whole time. The other guys went ahead to do the movie but Axl stayed at the hospital. What Axl did was so noble, so selfless and surprising, that I cried, and they were tears of joy (...). There he was, blowing off a chance to be in a scene for a major movie release, to stand by me, his own personal vigil, just Axl. Goddamn Axl. Soon as I thought I had him pegged, he went and did one of the most touching, meaningful things anyone's ever done for me. That was so cool. Thanks, Axl ["My Appetite for Destruction", 2010, pp. 163]

Tracii: I'll tell you the one thing about Axl that was always really cool, man -- he was really loyal, till he's not loyal anymore. If that makes any sense. He'll kill for you, until he decides not to. And then, once he decides not to, then that's it [spin Magazine, Outtakes for Axl Rose issue, 1999]

Duff: Not long after I got out of the hospital [after having his pancreas almost exploding from alcoholism in May, 1994], Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital [...]. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was my own making, but Axl's concern still touched me [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 235]

Tommy: I'll tell you why I'm still with the guy: He's got my back. He's the most loyal guy you could ever meet. There's a lot of love in him. There's a real person there who goes way beyond his historical past, you know? [Cleveland Times, 2002]

Josh: Axl was always nice to me and always generous. People want to hear horror stories, but I personally don't have any [Las Vegas Review-Journal, March 2004]

Dizzy: I think [Axl]'s one of the coolest, most giving, warmest people I've ever met. Sure he's temperamental, but he's a good friend. Seriously though, he's a good guy.

Slash is such a good guy ... Wasn't Slash who was at Steven's side, in the hospital, when he almost died because of an overdose?

I'm sure Axl did that for Steven once, I read some interview where he said he woke up and Axl was sitting in a chair looking concerned.

'I blinked. I blinked again. It was Axl. Axl got up and was now standing over me. He smiled. He looked genuinely relieved. He said, “Man, that was close, Stevie.” He was the only one there. Later, a nurse told me he had sat by my bed the whole time.'

Orly? I thought Slash was the cool guy ... the one who would stand for a friend, a bandmate, a brother ... :awesomeface:

Well, people change ... never's too late to be a better person and to say sorry for our past mistakes.

Slash: After returning from jail: When I found out later that Axl was the one who scraped together the bail money; I was touched. That was pretty cool of him [bozza, Anthony, & Slash (2007). Slash. Harper Entertainment: New York]

Steven: Axl did some loving things for me that surpass anything the other guys did for me, so who am I to praise or condemn? I love the guy to this day, I honestly do ["My Appetite for Destruction", 2010]

Steven: After waking up at the hospital after his first OD: I blinked. I blinked again. It was Axl. Axl got up and was now standing over me. He smiled. He looked genuinely relieved. He said, "Man, that was close, Stevie." He was the only one there. Later, a nurse told me he had sat by my bed the whole time. The other guys went ahead to do the movie but Axl stayed at the hospital. What Axl did was so noble, so selfless and surprising, that I cried, and they were tears of joy (...). There he was, blowing off a chance to be in a scene for a major movie release, to stand by me, his own personal vigil, just Axl. Goddamn Axl. Soon as I thought I had him pegged, he went and did one of the most touching, meaningful things anyone's ever done for me. That was so cool. Thanks, Axl ["My Appetite for Destruction", 2010, pp. 163]

Tracii: I'll tell you the one thing about Axl that was always really cool, man -- he was really loyal, till he's not loyal anymore. If that makes any sense. He'll kill for you, until he decides not to. And then, once he decides not to, then that's it [spin Magazine, Outtakes for Axl Rose issue, 1999]

Duff: Not long after I got out of the hospital [after having his pancreas almost exploding from alcoholism in May, 1994], Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital [...]. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was my own making, but Axl's concern still touched me [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 235]

Tommy: I'll tell you why I'm still with the guy: He's got my back. He's the most loyal guy you could ever meet. There's a lot of love in him. There's a real person there who goes way beyond his historical past, you know? [Cleveland Times, 2002]

Josh: Axl was always nice to me and always generous. People want to hear horror stories, but I personally don't have any [Las Vegas Review-Journal, March 2004]

Dizzy: I think [Axl]'s one of the coolest, most giving, warmest people I've ever met. Sure he's temperamental, but he's a good friend. Seriously though, he's a good guy.

Victory or death, nothing in between ... everything or nothing ... that's how passionate people, an artist, a special one, lives ...... on stage, in music, in life, in friendship, in loyalty ... that explains a lot.

If anything people shouldn't be surprised how loyal Axl is to friends and folk willing to die for his vision, the problem is that it is always HIS vision no matter what he says, that ain't necessarily a bad thing if you are willing to relinquish a lot of things to have the pleasure of being part of that and not a central cog of it.