The Strain

Zint

Depends on who the other people are, their age, and what they can handle.

They give the necessary cautions at the beginning of each episode.

There are always people here from 5 to 75 haha

If you were a parent, what age of child would you let watch it, and at the other end, were there scenes to embarrass you if you were watching it with your parents.

Didn't see that movie, so thanks for the heads up.

Oh, man. Check it out. It's not on the level of Devil's Backbone or Pan's Labyrinth, but if you enjoy this show, you'll love it.

If you were a parent, what age of child would you let watch it, and at the other end, were there scenes to embarrass you if you were watching it with your parents.

I wouldn't watch it with very young children, but any teenager (especially teenage boys) who have been exposed to campy gore won't have nightmares.

Nothing embarrassing to watch with the parents, imo.

Good call on the Cronos homage ER!

I didn't pick up on that.

It's been ages since I've seen that movie.

There's a Criterion transfer I've been meaning to pick up, maybe on the next 50% sale.

• Like 1

the criterion disc is excellent, and they did a great job with the restoration/remastering/what-have-you. it also includes, as a supplemental material, del toro's early student film, which is pretty cool.

Sweet!

Gotta get it! :shades:

Didn't see that movie, so thanks for the heads up.

Oh, man. Check it out. It's not on the level of Devil's Backbone or Pan's Labyrinth, but if you enjoy this show, you'll love it.

I wouldn't watch it with very young children, but any teenager (especially teenage boys) who have been exposed to campy gore won't have nightmares.

Nothing embarrassing to watch with the parents, imo.

Thanks ER, it looks like a series we will watch then.

Wow! Last night's show was so damn creepy.

When the Goth's singer's penis and balls fell in the toilet and he turned around, that was the moment you realized how drastic the changing into a vampire was going to be.

I think this show is very bold and it just freaks me out. I feel like I'm watching something that can happen.

When you see rats running, you know it's something bad coming your way.

Just seeing the little girl's shadowy figure in the room was something to give you nightmares.

I really hope those CDC people realize they are dealing with something supernatural and go to the pawn shop guy for his help. They're going to need it.

Wow! Last night's show was so damn creepy.

When the Goth's singer's penis and balls fell in the toilet and he turned around, that was the moment you realized how drastic the changing into a vampire was going to be.

I think this show is very bold and it just freaks me out. I feel like I'm watching something that can happen.

When you see rats running, you know it's something bad coming your way.

Just seeing the little girl's shadowy figure in the room was something to give you nightmares.

I really hope those CDC people realize they are dealing with something supernatural and go to the pawn shop guy for his help. They're going to need it.

The goth dude looks like Marilyn Manson on some album cover or something

Crash Diet that's exactly what I thought the same thing about Marilyn Manson.

Anyway, it's very cool how they are showing how the transforming from dead human to vampire. This is not like any other vampire movie/show I've seen.

The way they are filming it is also creepy. All the characters are playing it straight so it's even scarier to watch.

Crash Diet that's exactly what I thought the same thing about Marilyn Manson.

Anyway, it's very cool how they are showing how the transforming from dead human to vampire. This is not like any other vampire movie/show I've seen.

The way they are filming it is also creepy. All the characters are playing it straight so it's even scarier to watch.

Does your brother like it?

• Like 1

Last night was a vampire autopsy. It was disgusting and awesome at the same time.

It was explained why the genitals drop off, which I thought was interesting.

The old guy showed he has some life still in him. It was awesome how he used that sword.

I was upset over the dog's death. I knew that poor thing was going to die. Honestly, I hate when animals die. Humans not so much.

At least now they know what they are fighting and how to kill them.

This show just keeps getting better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid FBI didn't believe Ef about the virus running through NYC. They found out the hard way.

Anyway, Ef found out what happened to the medical examiner.

The old vampire hunter killed a few more, but almost got himself killed last night.

I really like this show. it's fast moving and makes you feel how urgent the characters are to stop this virus and find a cure.