Thoughts for Next Album

CD II / Bucket-Finck material or bust.

Okay, not really, I'll take whatever we get at this point, but I really liked CD and since that was the whole grand vision for the evolution of the band it'd be disappointing to not hear it in its entirety, especially when some of the info floating around seems so interesting/positive. If Axl shifts gears and makes music with the new band then all things considered I'd have to imagine it'd be more conventional and less ambitious.

I don't think Going Down is necessarily indicative of the direction of the band, though. If you only listened to This I Love would you have really anticipated how the rest of CD was going to sound?

If the album doesn't feature Bucket/Finck/Brain and is written in the process like Ron's described, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I'd rather see GnR stay as a nostalgia touring band than hit the studio again if they're going to crank out a shitty album to support a new tour.

I'm thinking the soonest we'll see new GnR material is a posthumous demo collection.

If they were to put out another record they'd feel obligated to play songs from it at shows.

The Girl next door wants to hear Sweet Child & November Rain cause it makes her panties get moist. She doesn't want to hear 'soul monster' and a bunch of Chinese Democracy songs.

Yet another reason to not put out a new record.

I'll be happy with whatever we're given at this point. Honestly though, I wish that Axl would just release the stuff he did with Buckethead/Robin, then move on to the new material this band or the next, or the one after that, or whoever is around has written. I honestly don't even care if he performs it live or not, but I'm sure that I'm in the minority there.

But getting back on topic, I think that the sound of the next album all depends on what the next album is, exactly. Finck/Bucket era? About the same as Chinese Democracy. I've always thought that the "other side" of Chinese Democracy that we have yet to see was much more guitar heavy, so to speak. I really don't know how to describe it past that, although I suppose I could add that, for whatever reason I picture many of the songs being "epic" sounding. I don't know if that actually makes sense, but I hope I'm conveying the thought I have correctly.

With this "new" group? I'm not really sure. Ashba makes me think it will be something akin to his solo spots, either 80s-esque rock songs or some easy listening tunes, but Bumblefoot makes me think that they'd be frantic and virtuoso type songs similar to his own catalog. Fortus seems like he'd take it into a darker and more heavy direction, if some of his past songs and his one unique solo spot indicates anything. Not sure what Frank's style is, but if I recall right he was with Fortus in another band, so I think that he and Fortus would have a similar style, or at least know how to write with one another. I'm not sure of Pitman's abilities as a writer either, since I'm not familiar with his works, but from what I gather he's competent, and that's never a bad quality to have. Combine all of that with Stinson's style and Axl's voice, and skills as a writer when he finally does write, it'd be a unique sound to say the least.

Personally, Silkworms has grown on me. If Axl did the vocals in his upper register and got rid of the whole 40 second electronic intro, it could be a great song!

I read somewhere that This I Love was written in the mid 90's; CD, TIL and Prostitute were the earliest, along with OMG.

I'm hoping for more sound like TIL, and less of Shackler's, if the album is recorded with the new band.

Dave Grohl recorded a great album with many different musicians; he brought Slipknot and Cheap Tricks sound together in a short while, I'd hope Axl could find the groups strength and put it together in an album, not just mixtures of guitar solos.

Besides, if Axl decided to use past stuff for the new album, I think he'd have a real problem with some of his newer bandmates; how would you feel if you've been in the band since the mid 2000's and you have no album to show for it. Bucket had enough in 4 years, I'm honestly surprised Bumblefoot is still around; 7 years with none of his work on an album, and has to split the lead guitar spotlight, helluva dude.

With the luck us GNR fans have, we'l see a remix Chinese before new material is released; sometimes it's just as painful as rooting for the Buffalo Bills

Personally, Silkworms has grown on me. If Axl did the vocals in his upper register and got rid of the whole 40 second electronic intro, it could be a great song!

I read somewhere that This I Love was written in the mid 90's; CD, TIL and Prostitute were the earliest, along with OMG.

I'm hoping for more sound like TIL, and less of Shackler's, if the album is recorded with the new band.

Dave Grohl recorded a great album with many different musicians; he brought Slipknot and Cheap Tricks sound together in a short while, I'd hope Axl could find the groups strength and put it together in an album, not just mixtures of guitar solos.

Besides, if Axl decided to use past stuff for the new album, I think he'd have a real problem with some of his newer bandmates; how would you feel if you've been in the band since the mid 2000's and you have no album to show for it. Bucket had enough in 4 years, I'm honestly surprised Bumblefoot is still around; 7 years with none of his work on an album, and has to split the lead guitar spotlight, helluva dude.

With the luck us GNR fans have, we'l see a remix Chinese before new material is released; sometimes it's just as painful as rooting for the Buffalo Bills

Get your facts straight.

Bumblefoot played on GN’R's last studio album, he wrote his own solo’s and is featured heavily throughout the record. In fact, he plays on EVERY single fucking song.

AMAZING how some of you can be so wrong, so often. You should be ashamed of yourself.