PC Gaming Thread

NachoLZ

Tell us about your PC specs and what games you're running :headbang:

I'll start, it aint too fancy but gets the job done with most games:

Amd Athlon II x3 450 (Gonna buy a fx6350 or a 8320 in the near future)

4gb Ripjaws Ram

Nvidia GTX 460 SE

60gb Intel SSD

1tb HP Caviar Blue HDD

LG 1080p monitor with pasive 3D.

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

I'm going to get yelled at but I dig my Xbox.

My 2008 PC is not meant for gaming. It can barely run Morrowind at 30 fps. Still, I think I'm gonna buy Deus Ex, KOTOR and older gems like those.

I've never played KOTOR, I wanna play it but think that its too old and start thinking I should play something newer instead haha, I played Jedi Outcast though.

I'm going to get yelled at but I have a gaming laptop, an Asus G46vw. I actually love it and it runs Planetside 2 (the greatest FPS multiplayer game, ever) very well

Hahaha nah, its ok, how is Planetside 2? open-world?

Open world? Oh yeah... its a first person shooter. There are classes and vehicles (ATVs, jeeps, tanks, aircraft, etc). Each "map" is a massive open world continent divided into territories (its all seamless with no dividers, you just see the territories on your map). There are no matches, instead, it is a constant real- time tug of war between 3 factions. Everyone uses mics and joining a squad, platoon, or massive outfit is very easy. Most use actual teamwork and obey orders. Battles are often with 100s of players at a time but they feel like an actual war with sides as opposed to everyone just running around.

It is unlike any game I have ever played. And, its free. If you want to try it make one of your accounts on the Waterson server and join the Vanu. I'd love to play sometime!

My 2008 PC is not meant for gaming. It can barely run Morrowind at 30 fps. Still, I think I'm gonna buy Deus Ex, KOTOR and older gems like those.

I've never played KOTOR, I wanna play it but think that its too old and start thinking I should play something newer instead haha, I played Jedi Outcast though.

KOTOR is awesome, played it last year for the first time

I'm going to get yelled at but I have a gaming laptop, an Asus G46vw. I actually love it and it runs Planetside 2 (the greatest FPS multiplayer game, ever) very well

Open world? Oh yeah... its a first person shooter. There are classes and vehicles (ATVs, jeeps, tanks, aircraft, etc). Each "map" is a massive open world continent divided into territories (its all seamless with no dividers, you just see the territories on your map). There are no matches, instead, it is a constant real- time tug of war between 3 factions. Everyone uses mics and joining a squad, platoon, or massive outfit is very easy. Most use actual teamwork and obey orders. Battles are often with 100s of players at a time but they feel like an actual war with sides as opposed to everyone just running around.

It is unlike any game I have ever played. And, its free. If you want to try it make one of your accounts on the Waterson server and join the Vanu. I'd love to play sometime!

K, downloading Planetside2 through Steam, if I play on that server, Im stuck to it forever or I can change servers at the start of the game?

K, downloading Planetside2 through Steam, if I play on that server, Im stuck to it forever or I can change servers at the start of the game?

You are stuck with that server for every character but you have 3 character slots.

It might be a couple of weeks before I can play since I have to move, but I can definitely give you tips here. The game is really hard to jump into, but once you learn it, its awesome. Don't get overwhelmed

Don't know where you live, but if you have a Half Price Books near you, they have some older Star Wars PC games. I picked up Battlefront/Battlefront II, Republic Commando, and Jedi Academy (sequel to Jedi Outcast) for $5 each. Edited by luciusfunk

Don't know where you live, but if you have a Half Price Books near you, they have some older Star Wars PC games. I picked up Battlefront/Battlefront II, Republic Commando, and Jedi Academy (sequel to Jedi Outcast) for $5 each.

Yeah, or wait for some Steam sales.

BTW, Battlefront rocks, cant wait for the new one.

You are stuck with that server for every character but you have 3 character slots.

It might be a couple of weeks before I can play since I have to move, but I can definitely give you tips here. The game is really hard to jump into, but once you learn it, its awesome. Don't get overwhelmed

I like that Battlefield vibe it has, I play BF3 a lot and hell it was difficult to start, same as Dota 2, so yeah, I'm patient ;)

i7-3820

8GB Kingston @ 2133mhz

XFX HD 7970 Black

1TB HD @ 7200 rpm

Creative, X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel RTS2011 Liquid Cooling (great when it works, but I've had trouble with it; not 100% reliable)

Dell UltraSharp, 23''

It's a pretty good gaming build, I was on a slight budget. My next PC will hopefully have 16GB RAM, a 500+GB SSD, a better liquid cooling unit, and a bit more expensive monitor. But that's certainly a few years down the road, this machine still runs new games on High or Ultra High settings without issue.

Currently playing Skyrim, liking it a lot, excited for the HD Morrowind remake.

I haven't touched BF4 in months, don't know why. :shrugs: I played BC2 and BF3 as well. Did the two KoTOR's, SWG for a bit, Jedi Academy too. A lot of random RPG's I'm forgetting, I played the Fable that was released for PC, remember liking it.

Very excited for Battlefront, I'm foreseeing a plethora of mechanics/gameplay issues occurring at release, but that's to be expected as it's DICE; should still be a pretty great game.

Does Steam annoy anyone else, or is it just me?

My computer isn't the best for gaming, but I mainly only play WoW on it (though I haven't played in a while). I played Diablo III as best I could. My PC couldn't handle it. It lagged the entire time, but I managed to get to the last fight even with it lagging, so that's cool.

My wife and I plan on getting gaming laptops in the near future. We learned our lesson not to go with Dell.

My computer isn't the best for gaming, but I mainly only play WoW on it (though I haven't played in a while). I played Diablo III as best I could. My PC couldn't handle it. It lagged the entire time, but I managed to get to the last fight even with it lagging, so that's cool.

:facepalm:

My wife and I plan on getting gaming laptops in the near future. We learned our lesson not to go with Dell.

:facepalm:

Just messing man, WoW's a cool game if that's you're thing. But yeah, I'd stay away from main brand computers for gaming. Try AvaDirect.com. Very professional customer support and generous warranties, fairly reasonable prices as well for very good quality. I bought a gaming laptop from them in 2010, it was terrific.... right up until I spilled soup on it, but that's my fault.

Edited by OmarBradley

Hey I'm a badass motherfucker when it comes to healing as a priest or shaman. ;)

We didn't actually get the Dells for gaming, we decided to play WoW after the fact. But even if their computers were great, we paid $1400 for two laptops and a printer from their site (granted, it was on credit, so of course you pay more).

Does Steam annoy anyone else, or is it just me?

Very good rig men.

Why would Steam annoy you, I love it :lol:

For some reason, it works only about 75% of the time I want it to , which can be really annoying when it's telling "Cannot connect to Steam servers," or when it gets stuck in a log in loop and you just have to wait it out for it to work again. And I don't like the concept in general of having your games/accounts being accessed by some additional interface that has to access the internet (though I realize that's the direction the entire industry has been moving in for the last 5 or so years).

EDIT: Also I added you on Steam about a week ago, my name on their isn't OmarBradley though.

EDIT #2: Now I see, you did accept, yeah if you were wondering who that was playing Skyrim all the time, it's me.

Edited by OmarBradley

I do remember playing Halo and the first Call of Duty on PC, they were the first games I can remember playing online and it was great fun. Warcraft 3 was a great game too, but the only thing I'll really play anymore is Football Manager, and that's rarely (though when I do it's a two week marathon).

Or a free to play game on Steam like TF2, and we give the steam usernames here.

tf2? never played that. is it good? To me the best lan games are the old ones, less lag, great gameplay, lots of fun.

Yeah its good, or maybe we can play AoE2 through gameranger haha