Slash picks up European Guitar Award

KeyserSoze

Congrats to Slash. Regardless of how I feel about him present day, he deserves every award there is for his work in Guns.

I wanna frame this post and bring it out every time someone says all D_S does is cupcake Slash fans.

No matter what I say about him, he's still my favorite guitarist ever. I haven't seen anybody else come close to what he used to do.

Randy Rhoades if he had lived

What about him?

He deserves every award, but also a kick in the nards for the Fergie thing.

Speaking broadly for the mainstream, he's the last of the guitar Gods.

The Fergie thing, the Michael Jackson thing, Ozzy thing, the soccer game thing, the whole Myles thing etc. etc... The list goes on and on.

Fergy - yes.

But Michael Jackson is one of the five most iconic entertainers in music history. Ozzy is a rock legend. Lots of musicians play sporting events.

Why do you list these as negatives in a career?

He deserves every award, but also a kick in the nards for the Fergie thing.

Speaking broadly for the mainstream, he's the last of the guitar Gods.

The Fergie thing, the Michael Jackson thing, Ozzy thing, the soccer game thing, the whole Myles thing etc. etc... The list goes on and on.

Fergy - yes.

But Michael Jackson is one of the five most iconic entertainers in music history. Ozzy is a rock legend. Lots of musicians play sporting events.

Why do you list these as negatives in a career?

Micheal Jackson pleading with Slash to stop and the obvious look of "What is this shit???" on Ozzy's face as Slash and crew slaughtered his song are the reasons. Nothing to do with the artists themselves.

Congrats to Slash. Regardless of how I feel about him present day, he deserves every award there is for his work in Guns.

I wanna frame this post and bring it out every time someone says all D_S does is cupcake Slash fans.

No matter what I say about him, he's still my favorite guitarist ever. I haven't seen anybody else come close to what he used to do.

I mean, Slash couldn't come close to what Randy did on the guitar either.

I do not agree.

I do not agree.

Me neither. But they're so different. The neo classical stuff, Randy was great doing that. He was very melodic, technically very gifted, and also had a lot of imagination and was very creative as a guitar player.

Slash's SCOM solo, Coma, Paradise City, and his riffs and other amazing solos were on Randy's level for me if we're comparing apples to oranges.

He also had a chance to do much more and develop his craft, but even if we don't take that into consideration, he had everything Randy had and more, at least artistically. Technically Randy was much better, so it allowed him to do other stuff which was great, but it wasn't better imo, cause with the tools that were available to Slash, he created classic stuff on the same level for me.

Like the great Ginger Baker always says: "it's not how fast you play, it's what you say".

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I do not agree.

Me neither. But they're so different. The neo classical stuff, Randy was great doing that. He was very melodic, technically very gifted, and also had a lot of imagination and was very creative as a guitar player.

Slash's SCOM solo, Coma, Paradise City, and his riffs and other amazing solos were on Randy's level for me if we're comparing apples to oranges.

He also had a chance to do much more and develop his craft, but even if we don't take that into consideration, he had everything Randy had and more, at least artistically. Technically Randy was much better, so it allowed him to do other stuff which was great, but it wasn't better imo, cause with the tools that were available to Slash, he created classic stuff on the same level for me.

Like the great Ginger Baker always says: "it's not how fast you play, it's what you say".

Slash is my favorite living guitarist and Randy is my favorite guitarist, such a shame he died so young.