"If I'm dead do I still have to pay taxes?" // Axl is not dead

yeah but their work was on an unsuccessful album.

But it's not their fault. Axl fucked up that album, not them. Erase Axl completely off CD and you have a decent instrumental album.

Huh? his vocals are great on Better, There Was A Time, Riad and If The World just off the top of my head. (regardless of what you think of the songs)

But it's not their fault. Axl fucked up that album, not them. Erase Axl completely off CD and you have a decent instrumental album.

Huh? his vocals are great on Better, There Was A Time, Riad and If The World just off the top of my head. (regardless of what you think of the songs)

His vocals are OK on the "I never wanted" part of Better. The rest sound like shit. Vocals on TWAT are shit except for the screams at the end. lol Riad and ITW.

• Like 1

His vocals are OK on the "I never wanted" part of Better. The rest sound like shit. Vocals on TWAT are shit except for the screams at the end. lol Riad and ITW.

Exactly. Thank you for answering on my behalf, man. :kiss:

Axl's vocals in the verses on Better are brilliant. Axl sounds very close to his Apettite vocals on Riad. If The World's vocals are crazy high, but with a lot of rasp, cool as fuck.

But hey, I get that some of you just don't dig it and that's fine.

Edited by Rovim

I do wonder if it's a matter of Axl refusing to record many vocals so they just had to go with what they had.

I think it's just a matter of Axl thinking he nailed it, so there was no reason to re-record again. Scraped has a few very obvious copy/past fuck ups, but I don't know if that was Axl's fault.

I do wonder if it's a matter of Axl refusing to record many vocals so they just had to go with what they had.

I think it's just a matter of Axl thinking he nailed it, so there was no reason to re-record again. Scraped has a few very obvious copy/past fuck ups, but I don't know if that was Axl's fault.

I'm baffled if he thinks he nailed it.

I'm baffled if he thinks he nailed it.

He wasn't going for the same direction like his classic vocals. He proved with Angel Down that he can still pull it off. It wasn't lack of ability imo. His intention was to be a little more versatile as a singer, so almost every song has a different tonality and style. So clean vocals, or rasp mixed with some high pitchy screams like in Better for example. His nasal voice in Catcher, or his thin vocals in the first half of there was a time with the super high vocals at the second half of the song with rasp.

I believe the outcome was what he wanted on there. You just don't care for that approach and how it sounds cause all you want is that vintage Axl vocals which is valid, but don't be baffled. After all, he did try a lot of new things for Chinese if it's production, synths, or various effects.

He tried distortion and very extreme effects on his voice for Oh My God for example.

Edited by Rovim