"If I'm dead do I still have to pay taxes?" // Axl is not dead

I saw the post on Facebook and it scared the shit out of me. Anyone one of us can go at anytime and we can't control that. I had to come here to see that it was fake. Its not cool at all to joke about something like that. There was one about Slash too a while ago. You see something like that and you get a big whole in your stomach

Indeed. Sadly, one day it will be real. :( I just hope that Axl and Slash die being 95 year old men trying to find rest in heaven. They're both very young now.

The social media thing is a real eye opener about what a large portion of rock fans outside of this forum think.

On Facebook on the rock sites that mentioned the story the overwhelming majority of comments were really negative. Like the guy said above - too many "his career has been dead for 20 years" comments. I tried to argue with some of them but it was useless. People seem to either love or hate Axl. Doesn't seem to be a lot of casual fans. I'm a casual fan of a band like U2. Like some of their songs, dislike others. I don't love them or hate them. But people seem to downright despise Axl - it's kind of strange.

• Like 1

The social media thing is a real eye opener about what a large portion of rock fans outside of this forum think.

On Facebook on the rock sites that mentioned the story the overwhelming majority of comments were really negative. Like the guy said above - too many "his career has been dead for 20 years" comments. I tried to argue with some of them but it was useless. People seem to either love or hate Axl. Doesn't seem to be a lot of casual fans. I'm a casual fan of a band like U2. Like some of their songs, dislike others. I don't love them or hate them. But people seem to downright despise Axl - it's kind of strange.

It is strange. Its like people feel they need to choose sides. You cant like both Axl and Slash, you can only like one or the other. Its like kids when their parents get divorced haha.

• Like 1

Most people who were casual fans got stuck with the idea that Axl is to blame entirely for the break up of the old line-up, probably because they read it on some major publication, and as casual fans never bothered to look up for more information. Add to that the fact that Axl replaced everyone in the band and took 13 years to release an album that got no promotion. Most casual fans ignore the existence of Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

Maybe they were referring to his creativity. Will Slash and Stephanie be charged with murder?

You don't consider layers and layers of guitar and synth farts plus stolen ambient intros creative?
Still more creative than you posting the same "jokes" over and over in each and every possible thread.
  • Like 2

Maybe they were referring to his creativity. Will Slash and Stephanie be charged with murder?

You don't consider layers and layers of guitar and synth farts plus stolen ambient intros creative?
Still more creative than you posting the same "jokes" over and over in each and every possible thread.
You seem to be in a bad mood.

He may be

but he seems pretty spot-on nonetheless

I like it when people are cracking jokes. But I like it even better when they're not always the same ones.

I like it when people are cracking jokes. But I like it even better when they're not always the same ones.
My original comment wasn't even meant to be a joke. I really don't consider Chinese Democracy that creative. Salami.
  • Like 1