President Barack Obeezy Announces Cuba/US Reform

Roush

Got to love Senator Rubio who immediately gets in front of the cameras to lambast the deal because it legitimizes the Castro regime. I get that he has a Cuban dissident voting block in South Florida to pander to, but he looks like an idiot making this argument. The Castro regime has been in power for over fifty years. Fairly sure it was legitimized a long time ago.

But hey, at least he gets to pretend for a few minutes that he's still relevant to the presidential considerations.

But a good move for the U.S., a great move for Cuba, and a terrible development for Canadian tourists who have been enjoying the beautiful beaches of Cuba without Americans spoiling everything :P

• Like 2

Got to love Senator Rubio who immediately gets in front of the cameras to lambast the deal because it legitimizes the Castro regime. I get that he has a Cuban dissident voting block in South Florida to pander to, but he looks like an idiot making this argument. The Castro regime has been in power for over fifty years. Fairly sure it was legitimized a long time ago.

But hey, at least he gets to pretend for a few minutes that he's still relevant to the presidential considerations.

But a good move for the U.S., a great move for Cuba, and a terrible development for Canadian tourists who have been enjoying the beautiful beaches of Cuba without Americans spoiling everything :P

Not to mention the shops in Canada making a bank roll from selling Cuban cigars to Americans.

Yaya! Now I don't have to watch out when I smoke Cuban in Philadelphia. :lol:

Yeah, as a non American citizen, you would have nothing really to worry about. The embargo pertains to American citizens. In terms of possessing or smoking Cubans, it wasn't really enforced anyway,other than customs occasionally seizing a few cigars.

When are you going to Philly?

Edited by Kasanova King

Is the President of Cuba onboard with this?

We can want whatever, but if that leader of that country isn't in agreement, then forget it.

Or Cuba wants something from the US and Obama is willing to give it to them.

If Cuba does change their policies, then I expect many Cubans will be coming to the US and this time not in tiny boats fighting for their lives. Maybe they can come to America and have a better life.

Is the President of Cuba onboard with this?

We can want whatever, but if that leader of that country isn't in agreement, then forget it.

Or Cuba wants something from the US and Obama is willing to give it to them.

If Cuba does change their policies, then I expect many Cubans will be coming to the US and this time not in tiny boats fighting for their lives. Maybe they can come to America and have a better life.

The reason this even happened is because Cuba agreed to release American prisoners.

;)

yeah, I read today that President Castro said he wants a better relationship with the US, but also said that Cube wouldn't change it's Social policies, and the US shouldn't try. I think the US should leave Cuba alone if their President wants to actually help his people. From what I read is that he is trying to help his people out. I hope that's true.

Besides right now our US policies suck so I wouldn't try to change any other country. Look how great that is going in the Middle East.

The US should remember how that went over in the 1700's when England tried to put their policies on America. People will eventually try to rebel if they're unhappy, unless you live in North Korea then you don't have a pray of a better life.