2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

great Broncos/Pats game........actually was rooting for Manning as it would be nice to see him win one last SB and ride into the sunset after a tough season......Gronkowski blaming the missed extra point for the loss but it never should have come down to that.......

Panthers with nother dominating first half......let's see if they can keep it going or do their typical second half fade....

I put it more on Mac than I do TT.

Agreed.

As far as drafts go, it's possible that last years class goes down as Ted's best.

I think Randall is a #1 CB and Rollins is a strong #2. That's a scary good secondary. Now just get some power up front.

Also while he was limited this year due to the injury, I think Montgomery is going to be a stud with that size and speed.

I think Rollins is actually gonna be better than Randall, though Randall will probably play the other team's #1 receiver.

Monty makes me happy because the versatility that we could have with him and Cobb in the backfield is great. Might not even need a pass-catching RB if Monty stays healthy.

I think the Packers offense has been stagnant for years, it's just been productively stagnant, so they've been able to get away with it.

They had all the reason to expect Adams would perform better than he did and that Montgomery would come on late in the season. I also think McCarthy stuck to the tried-and-true to give the team the best chance of winning instead of experimenting.

That said, they missed so many opportunities to be successful, before and during the season, and I think that McGinn's closing is the most accurate thing.

Here's three simple things that would've made big results:

(1) Keep Neal as 3rd RB and use him in short pass game

(2) Use Janis on slants and jet sweeps

(3) Call digs and curls instead of deep posts and verts

I put it more on Mac than I do TT. Ted really needs to go for need this year (ILB, athletic TE, pass-catching RB and o-line depth) on offense, either through the draft or free agency (lol).

Mac is too damn stubborn though. Agreed that the offense is stagnant - Mac always expects the receivers to win their matchups while running some pretty bland routes. There were times during the games last year that the opposing players were running their routes :lol:

Hopefully he'll use the offseason to tinker with the playbook a bit. We're gonna be loaded at WR next year no matter what, assuming we don't get as many injuries as this year.

I would love those position in the draft as well but unless we resign Raji, Guion, Neal and Perry, not to mention Peppers will be a year older and on the last year of his contract, they desperately need studs at OLB and DL IMHO.

they have 18 UFA's this offseason so will not be able to sign them all but should get a couple 3-5 round compensation picks so will have some opportunities to reload. might be the year Ted dips into the FA pool.

True, but with Clay kicking back outside (and assuming Pep stays another year/we possibly resign Perry), I think our outside depth will be decently fine.

Gotta assume we keep one of Raji/Guion too. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get some depth there in the draft, just hopefully some day 2 picks or later.

From what I read there is no first round talent at TE and don't see Ted drafting an ILB #1.........would not surprise me to see him draft an OLB or DT #1. Peppers is 36 and not sure he brings back both Raji and Guion.

Hard draft to handicap for the Pack......

I wouldn't be surprised if he drafted Jaylon Smith if he was still there in the first round, even if he doesn't play next year.

Also I love watching Brady play like shit so that was fun. Wish it would've been Cardinals/Broncos in the SB but I still like this matchup. I think Panthers win

Tough day for Pats fans here at work today...........they still can't believe they lost

listening to Boston Sports Radio this morning and the talking radio heads made every excuse you could think of for the Pats losing...........Refs made bad calls, if the game had been played in Gillette they would have won, Manning did nothing in the game blah, blah, blah.......they just can't accept that they got beaten by a better team.........

Thomas Davis is a beast. Broke his arm last night but swears he will play the Super Bowl. I believe him. He's torn his ACL three times and still plays like an all pro LB.

He is seriously a terminator or something. He tore his ACL in the same knee each time...and he's still one of the best. He can't be human

Tough day for Pats fans here at work today...........they still can't believe they lost

listening to Boston Sports Radio this morning and the talking radio heads made every excuse you could think of for the Pats losing...........Refs made bad calls, if the game had been played in Gillette they would have won, Manning did nothing in the game blah, blah, blah.......they just can't accept that they got beaten by a better team.........

It's funny, I have a friend who happens to be a Pats fan (and also go figure is a Warriors fan, but swears he's not a bandwagoner) and he was on social media posting shit about karma because pass interference wasn't called on Talib covering Gronk on one of the last plays of the game. The irony was hilarious :lol:

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

Brady bled. I liked it. Does that make me a bad person?

nope not at all

i love it, they are also saying it was due to the broncos messing with their tablets.... patriots fans complaining about malfunctioning equipment :lol::lol:

i know its an unpopular opinion but i dont give a shit, tom brady is the very definition of a system qb. you take away a cog out of the system IE gronk or edelman, all of a sudden he looks like a deer in headlights. the oline was banged up but once edelman and gronk came back against the chiefs the offense fired on all cylinders and the oline troubles went away, but then you run into a team like denver that has the talent to take away an edelman or a gronk and brady once again looks like a deer in headlights throwing just some awful passes, the guy should have had 4 int's that game easy, the one to miller was absolutely horrible. There were times when brady had time and he was hearing footsteps and started acting all jittery, take away the rubs and picks and the patriots offense would look absolutely horrible.

Edited by bran

ESPN isn't worth watching anymore except for the live sporting events and maybe SVP's version of Sportscenter.

Panthers/Cardinals game was over the second Carson Palmer stepped on the field. Pats/Broncos was Brady on his ass most of the day and Peyton throwing ducks that his receivers caught. Not too many noteworthy highlights.

Aka how I feel any time I've ever heard Skip Bayless open his mouth. He's not entertaining, even on a trolling level.

Those PTI guys were at least decent most of the time. Entertaining at the least. I haven't watched them in years either, however.

he is such an asshole, i do like pti though they actually have some kind of discussion.

I initially thought the Panthers would get blown out by the Panthers and on paper they should. I'm beginning to think this game is going to be closer then many think. Something about a players last run really brings their teamoney to another level. That defense as we saw vs. The Patriots can shut any offense down. Could see this be a close, grind out game as long as Manning doesn't turn the ball over.

Well Manning really didn't do much in the game and the Patriots would have won if it was in Gilette. That is besides the point though. The patriots didn't play well enough to win the game. They could have had the game if they won against either the eagles, jets or dolphins at the end of the year. Couldn't get it done and it started with the absolutely horrendous and erroneous play calling in said games.

Well Manning really didn't do much in the game and the Patriots would have won if it was in Gilette. That is besides the point though. The patriots didn't play well enough to win the game. They could have had the game if they won against either the eagles, jets or dolphins at the end of the year. Couldn't get it done and it started with the absolutely horrendous and erroneous play calling in said games.

with all due respect thinking they would have won in Gillette is Patriot fan arrogance.....the Broncos were the better team last week........

Edited by classicrawker

with all due respect thinking they would have won in Gillette is Patriot fan arrogance.....the Broncos were the better team last week........

Peyton Manning is 2-11 in Gilette. It isn't arrogance at all. The team with the home field was going to win that game. Not saying the Broncos weren't the better team. They were.

I wish GB would make (and win) the SB again. I still remember how crazy it was last time...was in college at the time and the place was just going crazy leading up to the game. Then afterwards it was like Utopia had been achieved or something :lol:

I'll never forget the intense happiness and joy that night, despite how drunk I got. Even Bears fans refused to talk shit that night!

I wish GB would make (and win) the SB again. I still remember how crazy it was last time...was in college at the time and the place was just going crazy leading up to the game. Then afterwards it was like Utopia had been achieved or something :lol:

I'll never forget the intense happiness and joy that night, despite how drunk I got. Even Bears fans refused to talk shit that night!

I was in Eau Claire.

There are a lot of Vikings fans there but regardless of fandom, people just got hammered that night.

I was in Eau Claire.

There are a lot of Vikings fans there but regardless of fandom, people just got hammered that night.

My friends were there as well (I think we've talked about that before). All of my friends from high school that went there hang out with the same group of people (large group, however) and about half of them are Vikings fans.

Actually I just looked...I went to Eau Claire a few days after the SB :lol: I must've still been drunk to forget that

I was in Eau Claire.

My friends were there as well (I think we've talked about that before). All of my friends from high school that went there hang out with the same group of people (large group, however) and about half of them are Vikings fans.

Actually I just looked...I went to Eau Claire a few days after the SB :lol: I must've still been drunk to forget that

There was a chance we have seen each other.

Have you made your way to the Twin Cities? I struggled to adapt to WI. It felt so foreign to me. Across the St. Croix I was born and raised.

I tried to be a Packer fan. My old man was a Wisconsinite and Rodgers helped me with a Fantasy title. I even was blessed to visit Lambeau field, but I think deep down I will always be a Viking. I shall be cursed forever!

Now I live down south and if the circumstances are there I plan on going to a Chiefs game next season.

Moving all the time is confusing. I don't have a team.

I was in Eau Claire.

There was a chance we have seen each other.

Have you made your way to the Twin Cities? I struggled to adapt to WI. It felt so foreign to me. Across the St. Croix I was born and raised.

I tried to be a Packer fan. My old man was a Wisconsinite and Rodgers helped me with a Fantasy title. I even was blessed to visit Lambeau field, but I think deep down I will always be a Viking. I shall be cursed forever!

Now I live down south and if the circumstances are there I plan on going to a Chiefs game next season.

Moving all the time is confusing. I don't have a team.

Probably a good chance too if you lived on Water street. My friends always lived around there and I'm pretty sure I went to every bar on that street at least once. I usually went to Dooley's the day after to eat/drink/recover. I also had a weird thing where I would lose my friends and end up at random house parties in that area. Very accommodating to strangers who want to party, Eau Claire is :lol:

Nah I've never been that close to Minnesota. I think Menomonie is the most western city in Wisconsin I've been to (to visit a friend at Stout). A lot of my friends from EC moved to the Twin Cities after college though, and one just got engaged, so I'll probably be going there sometime soon. That's interesting you struggled to adapt to Wisconsin - all those Vikings fans I was talking about were born around Minneapolis (I think) and almost all of them stayed here after college. You're like the opposite of this girl in EC that I had a huge crush on - she was born in Minnesota but went to school here and absolutely loves the Packers. Too bad I was one of those 'Lost Weekend' binges every time I went to EC, so she never took me seriously.

Wanna know something funny? The only Packers player I've ever had in fantasy was Jordy in 2013. I've done really, really well without picking any of my own team's players :lol:

Arrowhead has gotta be the Lambeau that's south of Lambeau, if that makes sense. I've heard nothing but great things about that place. You should come back for the new stadium opening next year - I almost went to the Packers/Vikes game in Minny this year...will definitely be going next year if I'm not busy.

No way. There is no doubt I have seen you in Dooley's. That place is awesome on Friday nights.

My buddies and I would go there to watch MN wild games and I'd hit it up on the weekends.

I can't believe it. I have ran into you and never probably realized it.

If you ever go back to EC, try Chick A Dee's for breakfast. It is good after a late night and it is super cheap. I am talking McDonald's prices for a good meal. I don't know they do it. The Chinese place across the street is great too.

Oh I guarantee it. I used to go there all the time when I went to EC and sit at the bar, order some food and drinks and watch whatever was on TV (if it wasn't a Sunday it was generally Wild games). My friend (the one that's engaged from the other post) used to work there so I'd go in there just to visit him sometimes. I remember one time on a Sunday I went there with a massive hangover (my friends being pussies decided to sleep their hangovers off) and sat at the bar and ordered some food/drinks...some guys showed up and sat next to me after the Football game ended and a Wild game came on. I ended up talking with them for bit...maybe it was you and your friends :lol:

I went to visit my friends in EC so many times that their friends started considering me an honorary student. Facebook tells me I went to 3 homecomings there in a row. I went for my birthday once and lost my keys during the weekend...I think I ended up staying a week even though I was missing my own classes.

Unfortunately I don't know if I'll ever go back - all of my friends (well almost all of them) have moved out. Never went to Chick A Dee's but I think I went to that Chinese place you talked about though. So many good memories at that place - even better memories than Whitewater, where I went to school.

Edit: Just to keep this thread on track, this is an example of a good article by McGinn.

Edit 2:

Edited by Crazyman