The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Khan came out with another gem earlier, he said he isn;t impressed with Brook fighting Chaves and should 'fight the top guys like I have done', Khan has fought Alexander, Collazo and Algieri at welterweight, Alexander is a decent fighter so that was a good win but a style that Khan looks great against, Collazo is basically a perennial fringe contender, Algieri is out of his depth at the elite level yet when he walked Khan down and cracked him with everything he had, even as a light puncher, he really made Amir struggle.

Now, true, Brook's resume is poor compared to Khan's so I always believe he has a point, but the problem is Khan kind of ignores the fact Brook beat Porter, a better win than anything in Khan's CV, he went to america and did it. Khan has this elevated, bordering on pure delusional vision of himself and his achievements whenever somebody brings Brook up. Brook's last 2 fights I can understand, Dan was his mandatory and he was recovering from a machete attack on his leg. Gavin was atrocious but Hearn couldn't secure anybody else, Chaves is maybe a top 10 ww, which is a good move, also, Brook will start going to america soon because the welterweights will not come to england when america is the fight capital of the world.

Postol is handling Mathyssee right now.

Broner vs Allakedreiv is just a poking match, same holes in Broner are there, Allakhedriev just aint the man to exploit em.

Mathyyssee jus wants to get into exchanges up close so he can spark you out, anyone that can time him or just evade and poke him can beat him...and Mathyyssee just got knocked the fuck out, nose gushing blood, he werent out like out cold, quite awake but just didnt get up.

I hear Porter vs Thurman is impending, great fight.

Ward team saying Golovkin turned them down, which is understandable, he'd go up the full weight for Froch or Chavez because they are a hell of a lot more winnable than Ward and also more lucrative/bigger crossover appeal. Ward is very difficult to look good against and won't give the greatest financial revenue so ideally you either want all the advantages you can get or you avoid him until you've fought all other comers and reaped the rewards.

Khan might not get the Pacquiao fight as Roach wants Manny to come down to 144 or something, no doubt Arum is pressuring him to fight Crawford.

I saw the face off they had with Max ''Thesaurus'' Kellerman, they're both just quiet killers, very respectful, you can just see below their expressions what a piece of dynamite this combination is going to be though, someone's getting knocked out and I think Lemieux in round 7.

• Like 1

I watched Haye vs Klitschko earlier, I also watched the face off, Haye has absolutely zero ability to play mind games, Wlad was very clever with what he was saying and Haye... just pathetic. Showed in the fight too, I'll accept his toe affected him but nothing he did would have changed that with a toe not bothering him, even Booth his trainer said this. It never fails to crack me up, Wlad begins by saying how Haye is a wannabe with the 'flashy flash' and 'he wants to be a celebrity' with a long diatribe, Haye responds with ''He's clearly a dickhead'' :D Smooth.

I can't help seeing shades of Haye's crusade in Fury, calling him boring and robotic, jab jab grab, he's never fought anybody like me, he's an old man... I don't see Fury bringing anything different to the mind games, he just goes over the top and gets more wound up than Haye did. Now obviously physically, Fury is a different specimen, he's a bigger man but he doesn't have anything in his locker that can trouble Wlad imo, he has reach but he is not faster than Wlad, he doesn't punch harder, he isn't more athletic, he has much less experience than Haye...

• Like 1

Khan's win over Alexander don't look too impressive after that lol.

Regarding the toe, sure it would have hindered him, but he had the injection, Booth even said, the toe didn't make a difference enough to affect the outcome if Wlad performed as he did, also, why wouldn't the injection have helped him when it had been providing the necessary relief in training, as stated by Booth again. It just doesn't make any sense, as Fury said, Haye felt one right hand and shit himself.

I liked what Fury was ranting about in the press conference, about something like I hope you're coming to knock me out, because I'm coming to knock you out and hurt you and if I get knocked out trying, at least that's better than losing a lopsided 12 round decision.

Golovkin showed what I already knew, he has a wonderful IQ to go with his ridiculous power, the jab was a thing of beauty, there is a case for him being DQ'd for whacking Lemieux when he took a knee, after all Roy Jones Jr got DQ'd for something similar against Griffin if I remember the name. You're going to need shit tons more than the ability to crack to beat Golovkin, Andre Ward I would give a 60/40 chance for example but saying Ward is the only guy to beat you is high praise. Froch I would've actually had as the under dog and I would never bet against Froch unless the other guy is something special, I still believe Froch comes out of retirement for PPV.

Did you hear Roy Jones commentating on the hit when LeMoo was down? :lol: Ward will beat him...and comprehensively, it'll be a dull boring slow fight that Ward kills off the action in but he'll win. It looks interesting though cuz i think Ward is chinny but he needs someone with the power to drop him as well as the skill to get close to actually hit him, which is what you just described in GGG.

Edited by Len B'stard