The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Yes I did hear him, you have to give credit to Lemieux for not making a meal out of it especially after the vicious body shot. I think a point off and five mins recovery would've sufficed though GGG was always going to take him out. Ward I think handles Golovkin but that's no disrespect, Ward is excruciatingly tough to even win rounds against like a certain Mayweather but we have the size not being an issue for Ward whereas Floyd almost always fought guys 15 pounds+ heavier than him and succeeded.

So, Pacquiao's last fight will be April 9. Think he gives Crawford a shot, or chooses to go out with a win against an easier opponent (although, I guess Arum said either Crawford, Bradley, or Khan)?

If he doesn't get Pacquiao, I wouldn't mind seeing Crawford vs. Bradley or Provodnikov next.

Edited by ronaldo9

Just let Khan have his megafight so he gets put on his arse again and shuts up! He really ought to chase Garcia before then and rectify that or get back in the queue.

I thought Wlad was pretty good on the mindgames back when I watched the first press conference, it's very clever the way he phrased everything and clearly wound tyson up, not that it takes much but I think it's advantage Wlad on that front, if you watch him in the Haye build up he was a smooth operator in that too, this guy isn't going to get rattled no matter how entertaining and exuberant Fury is, don't think it'll help him.

Just let Khan have his megafight so he gets put on his arse again and shuts up! He really ought to chase Garcia before then and rectify that or get back in the queue.

Amir Khan is a fuckin' cockstain. I'm 99% certain that that Garcia fight is on a plate for him but he ain't taking it, apparently he's the front runner again in the Pacman sweepstakes, having said a fortnight ago that he weren't an option no more cuz they were messing him about, the guys a fuckin' joke really. Do Garcia and you'll dispell a lot of the qualms people have about you but nooooooo, Billy Big Dick here wants a fuckin' shot at Pacman is Macao, yeah, right, likes thats gonna happen...to set him up for Mayweather, who i don't thinks returning and even if he was Amir Khan would be pretty low on his list of potential opponents. The guys a fuckin' wanker, it's him and that kind of attitude thats sending this sport down the fuckin' toilet, fuck him, don't give him his shot, let them waste his time and career, fuck him, he wants to take the piss out of the sport then he deserves to have the piss taken out of him, in the last two or three years he could've done Kell, picked up a strap, done Garcia, gone a great way to mending his reputation...but no, nobhead don't wanna do that apparently.

People like Pacman and Mayweather can afford to act like straps don't matter cuz they got some weight to their names, without a strap Amir Khan is just an average welterweight with a few of losses on his record.

Amir Khan is a fuckin' cockstain. I'm 99% certain that that Garcia fight is on a plate for him but he ain't taking it, apparently he's the front runner again in the Pacman sweepstakes, having said a fortnight ago that he weren't an option no more cuz they were messing him about, the guys a fuckin' joke really. Do Garcia and you'll dispell a lot of the qualms people have about you but nooooooo, Billy Big Dick here wants a fuckin' shot at Pacman is Macao, yeah, right, likes thats gonna happen...to set him up for Mayweather, who i don't thinks returning and even if he was Amir Khan would be pretty low on his list of potential opponents. The guys a fuckin' wanker, it's him and that kind of attitude thats sending this sport down the fuckin' toilet, fuck him, don't give him his shot, let them waste his time and career, fuck him, he wants to take the piss out of the sport then he deserves to have the piss taken out of him, in the last two or three years he could've done Kell, picked up a strap, done Garcia, gone a great way to mending his reputation...but no, nobhead don't wanna do that apparently.

People like Pacman and Mayweather can afford to act like straps don't matter cuz they got some weight to their names, without a strap Amir Khan is just an average welterweight with a few of losses on his record.

Khan really does have a few screws loose, he constantly parrots about himself as if he is the 3rd best fighter in the world behind Floyd and Pacquiao when he's no higher than top 5 at welterweight... Alexander is a decent win but other fighters have collected decent wins too, I do think Khan gets under-rated due to his delusional rants and remarks but he has done NOTHING since Garcia stopped him to be considered pound for pound.... Mayweather would have stopped him imo and Pacquiao, well he'd get blitzed but the guy does have heart and is extremely hard to outbox, he has good fundamentals and unbelievable speed, Hunter has improved him mentally yet we have not seen him fight a puncher so cannot judge where he is when it comes to fighting legitimate threats that can expose his weakness (his chin and decision making under pressure).

Bradley vs Rios coming up tomorrow, really intrigued by teddy atlas and timbo. I think Bradley's been quite disrespectful and dismissive of Diaz what I've watched in interviews, like you didn't get where you were by yourself for fuck sake! He's been fawning over TA like a 12yr old girl, I just cannot accept changing a trainer and having one camp would bring about such a literal extreme of an opinion for your old coach, I think Atlas is no joke but Bradley seems to be treating him as a fucking deity or some shit. Give it some time!

Rios well we all know what we're gonna get, it's whether Bradley sticks to the plan when the pressure comes, Rios isn't as formidable as Provodnikov but he isn't a bad fighter, TB should deal with him relatively simply though. Rios is a funny guy, I saw an interview where someone asks him ''what did you see when you stared into Tim Bradley's eyes? He goes ''His eyeballs?'' :D

Also watch this video of him copying other fighters it's fucking funny, his Marquez one cracked me right up.

His WE ARE FIREMEN speech was hilarious, especially when he said pick it up... then the next second screaming PICK IT UP!!!! He is a sublime motivator though, everybody knows Bradley would dominate Rios even with a stray dog in his corner as long as he doesn't try to mix it up, I guess Atlas made damn sure he drummed it into Bradley he doesn't have to mix it up if he can outbox a guy, he's proved enough by now.

I know this is the boxing thread, not the MMA thread. But as a boxing fan, go and watch the MMA women's fight from last night. holm, a former boxer gave the "unbeatable" Rousey a first class boxing lesson. It really is something boxers and boxing fans should be proud of. A lot of blow hates go on and on about how MMA is superior to boxing, yet last night one of their prodigies for her ass kicked by a boxer, under MMA rules of all things.

Boxers are FAR more disciplined in the little things like footwork and how to avoid punches than MMA fighters are. She made her look bad, tbh. It really opened the eyes of a lot of MMA fans on which sport has the better fighters.

• Like 1

Yeah I actually saw Rousey get knocked the fuck out, the utter arrogance she showed trying to outbox an ex champ was astounding, talk about believing your own hype. I know it was as much about Holm fighting the perfect fight and keeping her back from the wall, I have nothing to say about the rest of it as I don't watch that sport but to me it looked like Rousey was at sea about the importance of distance in a fist fight and had her chin stuck out, hands down and her head glued in one spot, not to mention ambling around in straight lines and having the stamina of a deflated tyre... I lost count of the left hands she ate. Can't believe De La Hoya put her on ring magazine, what a middle finger to the fans!

I see Cotto has relinquished his belt due to ''sanctioning fees'' aka I don't want to be forced to fight Golovkin.

Yeah I actually saw Rousey get knocked the fuck out, the utter arrogance she showed trying to outbox an ex champ was astounding, talk about believing your own hype. I know it was as much about Holm fighting the perfect fight and keeping her back from the wall, I have nothing to say about the rest of it as I don't watch that sport but to me it looked like Rousey was at sea about the importance of distance in a fist fight and had her chin stuck out, hands down and her head glued in one spot, not to mention ambling around in straight lines and having the stamina of a deflated tyre... I lost count of the left hands she ate. Can't believe De La Hoya put her on ring magazine, what a middle finger to the fans!

I poster this on the MMA thread but it's too good not to share here, Ronda and her coach talking about her world class striking.

I poster this on the MMA thread but it's too good not to share here, Ronda and her coach talking about her world class striking.

I've seen her shadowboxing a few times and it has just looked utterly wrong, the fights I watched of her she didn't stand toe to toe for very long... how much of it do you think was due to Holm? I saw her try to take her on the floor twice but she fended her off. I've read a bit around this and some suggest she has had people blowing smoke up her ass, I can't imagine fighting a fight like that against someone with a 30+ fight boxing record would be part of their strategy unless someone has been telling her inaccurate things... and have the coach say ''beautiful'' or whatever he said after round 1... something is seriously up lol. Some people actually wanted her to fight Mayweather, a top 30 atg, it just got ridiculous and the boxing fans were sick of hearing it.

I've seen her shadowboxing a few times and it has just looked utterly wrong, the fights I watched of her she didn't stand toe to toe for very long... how much of it do you think was due to Holm? I saw her try to take her on the floor twice but she fended her off. I've read a bit around this and some suggest she has had people blowing smoke up her ass, I can't imagine fighting a fight like that against someone with a 30+ fight boxing record would be part of their strategy unless someone has been telling her inaccurate things... and have the coach say ''beautiful'' or whatever he said after round 1... something is seriously up lol. Some people actually wanted her to fight Mayweather, a top 30 atg, it just got ridiculous and the boxing fans were sick of hearing it.

It was such a smart fight on Holm's part, when she found the range and started just firing those lefts it was amazing. Defended the takedown/armbar attempt like a boss, and was smart enough to stand back up when she took Ronda down later on.

The leg kicks I think made a bigger difference than people think because in the 2nd round Ronda's leg gave out and she ended on her knee when she charged in and Holm dodged out of there. That dodge was glorious. :lol:

It was such a smart fight on Holm's part, when she found the range and started just firing those lefts it was amazing. Defended the takedown/armbar attempt like a boss, and was smart enough to stand back up when she took Ronda down later on.

The leg kicks I think made a bigger difference than people think because in the 2nd round Ronda's leg gave out and she ended on her knee when she charged in and Holm dodged out of there. That dodge was glorious. :lol:

She looked utterly flummoxed, she needs to never go toe to toe again by the looks of that, she was just following Holm around and getting lit up, her face looked like she got shredded by a blender lol. I read she literally predicted what Holm's strategy would be, so the only answer is she believed in her own (non existent) boxing ability!

'She’s the type of fighter you have to be very, very patient with. I feel like she’s gonna try keep distance and keep far away from me and get me frustrated into a point where I’ll get frustrated, and she can kick me in the head, but it’s not gonna go like that.' :D :D

As for Cotto vs Canelo, well, we'll see just how much of a difference Roach has made. I give miguel credit for the Geale win, he looked brilliant but Geale was obv affected by the weight a bit and had been battered by Golovkin one fight back. Canelo is an elite fighter but so is Cotto on his night, Cotto isn't the greatest at avoiding punches, he generally takes them to land but he does have one impressive jab which he sometimes doubles up on, Alvarez cannot deal with a strong jab but Cotto is a sucker for the uppercut, which Canelo is sublime at putting in his combinations. I predict Alvarez late KO.

Mayweather might well fight the winner of tonight, the problem is, Cotto has shit himself fearing Golovkin and ditched his belt (which is funny cause I'm sure he got the lion's share of the purse because he held the belt lol, so Alvarez will want to cave his bald head in for that) so that means if he wins, why would Floyd want to fight him without the chance to make history by grabbing the middleweight crown? He will make a boatload fighting Alvarez for the MW crown and I think Canelo will never trouble Floyd and Pacquiao can trouble Floyd but an Alvarez win tonight will make Mayweather's next move interesting considering Canelo has a colossal fanbase. I just don't think he will ever beat Mayweather. Cotto has a much better chance and fought a great fight against him but without that belt, it's a lot less likely.

Edited by RandallFlagg