The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

This is a decent documentary about Lee Selby his brother Andrew is fighting again tonight. He's quite a good prospect apparently this is his third pro fight in a month. I saw his last one but the other guy looked pretty weak to be fair.

Lee is fuckin' brilliant really. Luke Campbell is also respectable. There was another olympian they were making a thing of coming up with Femi, I'm buggered if i can remember his name though, what his name now? Im gettin' fuckin' old y'know.
I forgot to post the link to it. Have a gander, his dad's a nutter but aren't all boxers dad's a bit mental :lol: Mayweather snr, Enzo Calzaghe, John Fury to a man certifiable and let's not forget old kangaroo bollocks English Eubank :lol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TywUpBYBsb8

Edited by spunko12345

This is a decent documentary about Lee Selby his brother Andrew is fighting again tonight. He's quite a good prospect apparently this is his third pro fight in a month. I saw his last one but the other guy looked pretty weak to be fair.

Lee is fuckin' brilliant really. Luke Campbell is also respectable. There was another olympian they were making a thing of coming up with Femi, I'm buggered if i can remember his name though, what his name now? Im gettin' fuckin' old y'know.
I forgot to post the link to it. Have a gander, his dad's a nutter but aren't all boxers dad's a bit mental :lol: Mayweather snr, Enzo Calzaghe, John Fury to a man certifiable and let's not forget old kangaroo bollocks English Eubank :lol:

I'd like to watch all of that actually. When your boys born watch the boxing with him from an early age, get him some gloves and a bag as soon as you can, 20 years from now you'll probably be able to retire off of him. 8 to 12, thats the age to start first getting em around a boxing gym.

Billy Joe and Spike are just caning him over I'm a Celeb eh? Kangaroo Bollocks :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

None of them resemble the chiseled specimens of old. We are all full of Tyson Fury right now but we know in our hearts that even a second class heavy like a Quarry or Bonavena would have flattened him in one round.

Oh i don't just know that in my heart of hearts, I have no illusions about that whatsoever, excepting that Quarry wouldn't make heavyweight in this day and age. Big Lummoxes, your giant type often fare well in boxing chiefly because men of that size are hard to deal with. Jess Willard had absolutely no aptitude for boxing but he held onto the belt simply because it's just hard to fight someone that fuckin' big. Primo Carnera was like that. Lennox Lewis to a point had that too, it took many years before someone landed a PROPER clean shot on him cuz the cunt was just so big. Turns out every time his chin did get checked it got exposed. And the same with Wlad too, his jab and grab style only worked cuz he was so big and he could lean his weight on em, it took a bigger lump than him to actually beat him cuz he couldn't manhandle Fury like that.

Edited by Len B'stard

I forgot to post the link to it. Have a gander, his dad's a nutter but aren't all boxers dad's a bit mental :lol: Mayweather snr, Enzo Calzaghe, John Fury to a man certifiable and let's not forget old kangaroo bollocks English Eubank :lol:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TywUpBYBsb8

I'd like to watch all of that actually. When your boys born watch the boxing with him from an early age, get him some gloves and a bag as soon as you can, 20 years from now you'll probably be able to retire off of him. 8 to 12, thats the age to start first getting em around a boxing gym.

I have thought of it. The gym Lee Selby trains at is about 5 minutes walk from my house St Joseph amateur boxing club, just round the corner from The Picton where we are going for a pint when he's born :lol: I'd make a fucking wicked mad boxing dad. I already have the main qualification to have no talent myself, just beast the fuck out of him until he's champ.

I have thought of it. The gym Lee Selby trains at is about 5 minutes walk from my house St Joseph amateur boxing club, just round the corner from The Picton where we are going for a pint when he's born :lol: I'd make a fucking wicked mad boxing dad. I already have the main qualification to have no talent myself, just beast the fuck out of him until he's champ.

Seriously?!? Mate, if ever there was a fuckin' sign! You need to get on that, really seriously! It'll do him the world of good, teaches you discipline, gets you good and fit, no one fucks with you in school, if they're producing lads of Selbys class then they gotta be good. Also it could do your health some good too, lead by example and that, I'm not saying get in the ring but just like in the garage or whatever, y'know, when a lad sees his old man doing something a lot they tend to wanna join, it'll be good to get your fuckin' fat arse in shape too, keep the missus on her toes and that, bit of skipping and bag-work etc, good for ya.

Look at me tryna raise him for ya, sorry! :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

None of them resemble the chiseled specimens of old. We are all full of Tyson Fury right now but we know in our hearts that even a second class heavy like a Quarry or Bonavena would have flattened him in one round.

Oh i don't just know that in my heart of hearts, I have no illusions about that whatsoever, excepting that Quarry wouldn't make heavyweight in this day and age. Big Lummoxes, your giant type often fare well in boxing chiefly because men of that size are hard to deal with. Jess Willard had absolutely no aptitude for boxing but he held onto the belt simply because it's just hard to fight someone that fuckin' big. Primo Carnera was like that. Lennox Lewis to a point had that too, it took many years before someone landed a PROPER clean shot on him cuz the cunt was just so big. Turns out every time his chin did get checked it got exposed. And the same with Wlad too, his jab and grab style only worked cuz he was so big and he could lean his weight on em, it took a bigger lump than him to actually beat him cuz he couldn't manhandle Fury like that.

Come on, Fury has moobage for crying out loud!! It was like watching a builder's mate trying to box. And Wlad was just a plank. Compare them two to musclebound specimens like Shavers, Frasier and Ali.

Come on, Fury has moobage for crying out loud!! It was like watching a builder's mate trying to box. And Wlad was just a plank. Compare them two to musclebound specimens like Shavers, Frasier and Ali.

Oh I'm not putting up an argument here, don't get me wrong, i was the one saying what you're saying last week and I still agree now.

He's sort of done it now though hasn't he Tyson? He's not gonna defend the titles for ten years of course not but the he is heavyweight champ and if there's one thing I know about travellers is that they are shrewd fuckers who know how to make a pound so they will wring every drop out of this do don't listen to the shit about not fighting Haye or Wilder.

• Like 1

Spot on, people associate gyppos with poverty but they're actually well off most of em, its just their lifestyle. Not like they pay tax either.

Haye is 35 and coming out of retirement. Does not seem to be much of an attractive fight.

True hes 35 but hes hardly go wear and tear for his age or even that many fights under his belt.

The strong rumours are that Pacman has picked Bradley as his next fight, he already beat him clearly twice what's the point? Crawford would have sold more imo. True, the second was a decent scrap but I don't think Bradley can beat Manny. Atlas and Bradley need like 2 more fights surely, Rios was an unmotivated punching bag, at least he's usually motivated and we would have seen a much better test of that partnership. Heck Khan would've sold boatloads and been a good win, more impressive than beating Bradley again because we've seen it twice.

The strong rumours are that Pacman has picked Bradley as his next fight, he already beat him clearly twice what's the point? Crawford would have sold more imo. True, the second was a decent scrap but I don't think Bradley can beat Manny. Atlas and Bradley need like 2 more fights surely, Rios was an unmotivated punching bag, at least he's usually motivated and we would have seen a much better test of that partnership. Heck Khan would've sold boatloads and been a good win, more impressive than beating Bradley again because we've seen it twice.

He's doin' a Mayweather, pick a solid record but blatant sitter for yourself. Personally if i was on a piss-take I'd pick a half of a degree beneath Tim Bradley cuz he's not exactly a slouch though as you say Pac should dust him off.

Edited by Len B'stard

Bradley is about fifteen levels higher than Berto though, it'd be like Mayweather fighting Cotto again for me, Bradley is an A class fighter but manny is still A*, I just do not see for the life of me why the hell he is picking Bradley, I think Crawford doesn't win many rounds and Khan gets flattened in 5 rounds but Khan is a great fighter he just cannot take a shot reliably ya know? You can't tell when he's going to get decked and backing up. I liked the sparring video of Khan and Pacquiao, nobody outboxes Khan except Mayweather but you don't have to beat him on points, which is his problem.