The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

It's going to be the greatest tear up since Tony Galento decked Joe Lewis for being uppity when Haye gets in the ring with De Mori. We've had The Rumble In The Jungle and we've had The Thrilla In Manilla, well, this is going to be the WooHoo! In The 02.

Poo at the 02 more like! :lol:

De Mori was like the english cant play cricket rugby or football and im gonna prove they cant fight when i knock david haye out :lol:

The Wilder fight will be an american job though, four in the morning or some obscene hour.

Well I'm watching :)

The thing is, De Mori talks very humbly and has done nothing but pay respect to Haye; when he said that the English can't play cricket (despite us having just bummed the Aussies) it was so obviously forced.

I'm going for Haye in 5.

Oh yeah, it was definitely said in a jokey way, i don't think he meant to have a serious dig, i mean if you wanted to have a dig at David Haye there's better ways of doing it. Observez vous sil vous plait:

:lol:

I think he was quite understated about it, were that me I would never let Haye forget it. In odd ways he does refer to it, like in the Fury press conference he was saying stuff about how he was a doctor and understood certain psychological conditions and that he would help Tyson and assist him and how his last patient David Haye was a success because he is now cured and has become a nice person :lol: All sort of classy ways of saying i made him my girlfriend really eh? :lol:

Yeah, something tells me that you wouldn't be so subtle about it all, Len.

So, Haye wins tonight and so does Wilder, do you think that Haye will try and go for Joshua or do you think that he'll try and hope that Fury loses the belts quite soon and then go for them that way? He knows that Fury will mug him off, so the only other option is Wilder, unless he wants one of those WBA Pan-Earth Diamond Champion type belts.

Edited by PappyTron

Thing is, Hayes on a winner here. He sees Joshua being made a big thing of as a total novice, he's there for the taking as far as Hayes concerned, beat De Mori, nip in there and do a green Joshua and shoot right up the rankings. And Fury he don't rate on any level, if he gets that fight all well and good and if not Wilders there and Wilders chin is in question too, there's that footage on youtube of him rocking Wilder in sparring:

1.05 he wobbles Wilder quite badly, he probably thinks the division is prime for him. His rep suffered badly from the Klitsch' fight but he's not at all a bad fighter, on paper he's a better fighter than any of the above mentioned aside from Klitsch', who he basically just felt the right from and didn't wanna commit after that cuz he's basically a puffed up Cruiserweight, even more so at the time and didn't wanna get starched on the big stage after having gobbed off.

But he probably looks at the heavyweight landscape at the moment and fancies it as being set up for him to make a serious noise. He'll go for Joshua next i reckon, yeah. Been hearing Joshuas next go might be against Hughie Fury. I think Joshuas people will be reticent to stick him in against Haye after what the Whyte fight exposed of him. Not in any negative way, he just is a novice at the moment i think.

And the problem with the heavyweight division is you don't get real tests because it's so shite, the gulf between like...ranked top 10 and the elites and all the rest is ridiculous. Fuck me, there's a massive gyppo at the moment whoose 'elite level' who smacked himself and used to come in to fights with love handles flopping down his hips.

Edited by Len B'stard

Too stop and starty for me I'm afraid.

PS

Didn't see a second of that. The streams - which all seemed to be from the same source - were keep cutting out, jumping whole minutes, so I ran down stairs and put the television on, only my TV is a bit buggered and takes about five minutes to come on, so when the picture finally came on, Haye had already won!!

I take it it was a fast KO then?

Edited by DieselDaisy