The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

larger than life, hard to imagine a man that roamed the rings with the likes of Liston, Floyd Patterson, Chuvalo, Henry Armstrong, Jimmy Ellis , Archie Moore and that lot is still among us, I mean before Frazier and Foreman were on the scene

Never be another era anything like it

Edited by shades
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shades said:

Don't count him out just yet,

His only real loss imo was to Garcia, and that is no shame. Garcia beats everybody up

Amir has to take some shots, you don't build your legacy fighting bums so it's time to put some real wins on his resume, but yea he may have bitten off more than he can chew this time

Yeah I commend him for taking this fight, the Brook fight will always be there, it's likely he loses but however he loses it only takes a few fights to build up the anticipation for that again, he'll just have to come down from his 10 million he demanded. It was about time he had a fight against a dangerous opponent again, Alexander was a solid win but not many picked him to beat Khan, very few boxers can beat amir without knocking him out. I read that Khan weighed around 160 against Alexander, that doesn't make the weight seem that much of a problem. Mayweather and Cotto aren't bigger than Khan but Alvarez is a pretty solid combination puncher and accurate, he did enough to beat Lara and Trout who are pretty slick. Obviously Floyd completely bamboozled him but Khan has a chance. I just don't think he's going to survive when Canelo corners him, he won't be able to tie him up as easily as he has the recent guys he's fought.

300 notes, he's fuckin' givin' it away lately eh?  Weren't Mayweather charging a few grand for a meet?  Fuck that!  Having said that i might've done the 50 quid to meet Eddie Richardson for fish n chips :lol:  Nah, see, even that i just couldn't.

Sheer class.  Note the name, he is the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Its a load of rubbish, hes saying that because for the past 8 rounds he had been pounding his head and he werent dropping so hes sayin go to the body and the rest'll follow, nowhere in that is any mention of Nicks safety, all he says is that he doesnt know why the refs not stopping it, no one had any idea of any injury or likelihood until well after it was stopped, n it werent even stopped over a head injury it was stopped cuz his eye was closing on one side.  What hes actually saying there is dont let it go to the judges cuz if they aint stopping it there must be some funny business, you need to take him out, so its not like he's saying go easy on him.

Not having a go at Chris or anything, its just its not true.

Edited by Len B'stard

Lol at Broner calling Mayweather out and Mayweather just laughing at him the whole time. I wish Broner's corner would have let him go after Mayweather at the end of the fight when he tried to leave the ring. Bring Mayweather out of retirement in the stands. 

Bad stoppage really, Theophane was turning it around since round 6, remember this is a man whoose never been stopped, he got hit with a solid uppercut and the fight was all Broner first 6 but he turned to complain about that low blow and Broner was on him.  No matter really cuz i had Broner to win anyway but it is what it is.  Maybe the Nick Blackwell thing is fresh on refs minds, i dunno.

As far as the Mayweather thing, i respect Broner for that because like i've said before it's embarassing the way he had been punking Broner, explicitly lately and subtlely before now, Broner finally stood up.  A cynical man might say this whole was to set up an easy 50th for Floyd.  If he does come out of retirement to fight Broner it's an embarassment, he did say earlier than the person he was looking at if he did come back was Danny Swift, which I'd watch though he'd eat Swift too.  He'd eat anyone really.

Edited by Len B'stard

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

I thought that the fight was cancelled because Fatty McWobble Chops couldn't make the weight?

0.4 lbs too the cunt, for a pro athlete thats the equivalent of taking a healthy dump.  Weren't cancelled though, just stripped him of the title.

Edited by Len B'stard

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

0.4 lbs too the cunt, for a pro athlete thats the equivalent of taking a healthy dump.  Weren't cancelled though, just stripped him of the title.

Ah, I see.Yeah, that could have been sweated out if they really wanted to. I wonder why they dropped the belt then?

I liked the announcers at the beginning talking about how everything was going against Broner this week and then Broner giving himself a pat on the back at the end.  Pretty sure he brought all of that on himself this week--both the assault and not making weight (and not even trying to drop the 0.4 lbs.)...  

Side note:  Who bets thousands of dollars at the bowling alley at 3:30 in the morning?

Just now, PappyTron said:

Ah, I see.Yeah, that could have been sweated out if they really wanted to. I wonder why they dropped the belt then?

Cuz he just didn't bother trying to lose it.  The idea was is Theophane won he'd still get the belt but if he didn't then Broner couldn't hold onto it.  What the fuck made anyone thing Theopane was worth anything anyway, i remember this guy being like, British level about 12 years ago, only reason he got this fight is cuz he'd been training with Floyd and his batty boys for a while, it was a nothing match up really.  Theophane is like, British and Euro level journeyman at best.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Think his trainer mentioned not wanting to hurt his body, but he didn't even try to lose it--started drinking Gatorade right after stepping off the scales.  He just didn't care enough.  Wouldn't mind seeing him step up in weight again and getting knocked out.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Cuz he just didn't bother trying to lose it.  The idea was is Theophane won he'd still get the belt but if he didn't then Broner couldn't hold onto it.  What the fuck made anyone thing Theopane was worth anything anyway, i remember this guy being like, British level about 12 years ago, only reason he got this fight is cuz he'd been training with Floyd and his batty boys for a while, it was a nothing match up really.  Theophane is like, British and Euro level journeyman at best.

I can see Broner looking back on his career and realising that he fucked it up big time. I can easily see him ending up behind bars getting jacked up the arse in the showers, just like Floyd did.

2 minutes ago, ronaldo9 said:

I liked the announcers at the beginning talking about how everything was going against Broner this week and then Broner giving himself a pat on the back at the end.  Pretty sure he brought all of that on himself this week--both the assault and not making weight (and not even trying to drop the 0.4 lbs.)...  

Side note:  Who bets thousands of dollars at the bowling alley at 3:30 in the morning?

And who calls themselves abut billions and robs someone for 12 G in the lobby of a bowling alley :lol:

Just now, PappyTron said:

I can see Broner looking back on his career and realising that he fucked it up big time. I can easily see him ending up behind bars getting jacked up the arse in the showers, just like Floyd did.

I heard Floyd did his time in the nonce wing for protection purposes.  Single cell, no contact with anyone.