The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

On 26/03/2016 at 5:21 PM, Dazey said:

It is a brutal sport. I do have mixed feelings about boxing. One thing I realised seeing it live is, seeing it on television sort of desensitises you to the level of brutality. You watch all of these fights and brutal KOs but you are not really experiencing it, that level of brutality.

If you think about it, when a punch hits and you hear a sort of a dull tap of a jab on TV...thats a pretty heavy thud in person..and a proper clean heavy handed thudding shots, well, they're a unique thing altogether when seen in person, it is indeed a brutal sport.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Joshua called them something like 'old men' whose 'time is up'. I think the two of them believe Joshua is all hype and no substance.

Tysons in his mid 20s :lol:. To be honest, at this juncture he sort of is, its what he proves from here on out that shows what hes about, remember hes only had 15 fights and hes apparently by passing the European championship route.  I think Tysons issue is that Ty never had no hype, no respect, had to fight for British, Euro, title eliminators, he did literally EVERYTHING, got called pikey scum while losers like David Price etc got all the plaudits and turned out to be wankers, and lo and behold Tyson does the impossible...and along comes Joshua, good looking, MASSIVE Eddie Hearn backed hype machine, PPV fight for his 14th fight, ridiculous amount of sponsorship and promotion and telly spots and all this...and hes as of yet unproven.

Edited by Len B'stard

It also said the guy he is fighting is only champ because of some dodgy IBF machinations. That will be the title Fury was stripped of. Yes, that is not going to endear Joshua to Fury, if Joshua wins that belt. ''You have my bloody belt''. Typical sanctioning body bollocks.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It also said the guy he is fighting is only champ because of some dodgy IBF machinations. That will be the title Fury was stripped of. Yes, that is not going to endear Joshua to Fury, if Joshua wins that belt. ''You have my bloody belt''. Typical sanctioning body bollocks.

Exactly yeah, he only got the fight cuz of a rematch clause and the IBF demanded he fight the mandatory but he couldnt, so basically the whole thing was a stitch up.

On 04/04/2016 at 0:25 PM, Len B'stard said:

Tysons in his mid 20s :lol:. To be honest, at this juncture he sort of is, its what he proves from here on out that shows what hes about, remember hes only had 15 fights and hes apparently by passing the European championship route.  I think Tysons issue is that Ty never had no hype, no respect, had to fight for British, Euro, title eliminators, he did literally EVERYTHING, got called pikey scum while losers like David Price etc got all the plaudits and turned out to be wankers, and lo and behold Tyson does the impossible...and along comes Joshua, good looking, MASSIVE Eddie Hearn backed hype machine, PPV fight for his 14th fight, ridiculous amount of sponsorship and promotion and telly spots and all this...and hes as of yet unproven.

The thing is though, Tyson Fury chats a load of shit and then complains that he doesn't have the media backing or the sponsors. Maybe if he shut his trap he'd endear himself to more people than the typical scum that he does! I mean, okay, Fury might not rate Joshua, but when you start calling him a bum, a loser, a nobody and a fraud, it just becomes tasteless. In truth none of Fury, Haye or Joshua have had any great tear-up fights in their Heavyweight careers, and certainly none that will be whispered about in decades to come.

2016 is Audley Harrison's year and I'm telling you all now, that Audley's Anvil is going to clear out the division, one knockout at a time.

33 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

The thing is though, Tyson Fury chats a load of shit and then complains that he doesn't have the media backing or the sponsors. Maybe if he shut his trap he'd endear himself to more people than the typical scum that he does! I mean, okay, Fury might not rate Joshua, but when you start calling him a bum, a loser, a nobody and a fraud, it just becomes tasteless. In truth none of Fury, Haye or Joshua have had any great tear-up fights in their Heavyweight careers, and certainly none that will be whispered about in decades to come.

2016 is Audley Harrison's year and I'm telling you all now, that Audley's Anvil is going to clear out the division, one knockout at a time.

You're not wrong about any of that...but i still love Fury but only cuz I'm his typical scum demographic :lol:

9 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Fury Klitschko rematch announced for 9th July in Manchester

Meh. It'll be one-sided again because Klitschko is too set in his defensive ways to come out swinging, and he'll get picked off again. Vitali would wreck Fury though as unlike Wlad he could always throw down.

54 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Meh. It'll be one-sided again because Klitschko is too set in his defensive ways to come out swinging, and he'll get picked off again. Vitali would wreck Fury though as unlike Wlad he could always throw down.

Wlad got put away a couple of times and just receded to ridiculous levels of defensiveness.

Cracking night of boxing tommorow, Joshua v Martin, James DeGale defending his title, Georgie Groves is fighting, The Welsh Mayweather Lee Selby is fighting and Nigel Benns boy is making his debut...and thats not even factoring in Manny Pacquiao in the wee hours.  It's Len heaven!

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

100%. Completely changed how he boxed after Sanders and Brewster, and seemingly just doesn't have it in him to go back.

He's gonna fuckin' have to against Fury, he's got to know that more of the same is just gonna make him look a cunt on the world stage again.  It don't make sense to me cuz when he does let that right go he's got a helluva dig on him.

Edited by Len B'stard

Just now, Len B'stard said:

He's gonna fuckin' have to against Fury, he's got to know that more of the same is just gonna make him look a cunt on the world stage again.  

You'd think so, but even in their first fight it was obvious that he lost the first 4-5 rounds and by then you have to change it up, yet he just kept plodding along. I think it was in the 11th that he went for it, for about 20 seconds, and had Fury a bit wobbly, but he then just backed off and went back to doing nothing. I'm honestly not sure whether he is capable of having a tear-up fight, and doubly so against a man who is bigger.