The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

And Fury, though a big lumbering fuck, is actually quite mobile and agile, by sheer fact of the distance such height and length of limbs offers you even with minimal movement, he has him covered.  

I think that the only way that Wlad can win is if he takes it to the trenches and goes to war, and at this stage of his career, after being so defensive for so long, I don't think that he has it in him. He's going to get picked off again, though I think that Fury might try and turn it on for the home crowd after about 7 or 8.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I think that the only way that Wlad can win is if he takes it to the trenches and goes to war, and at this stage of his career, after being so defensive for so long, I don't think that he has it in him. He's going to get picked off again, though I think that Fury might try and turn it on for the home crowd after about 7 or 8.

It'll be interesting if he does try and turn it on because he aint the hardest to hit.

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

When you're that big you can just like..muscle people out, with the littler guys he almost out-wrestles them.

Yeah, but Wlad is just too defensive and relies on his jab to do all of the work. That won't cut if against Fury though, so he'll have to come up with a different plan, but I don't think he has that in him.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is basically what I say every time there has been boxing on! They always put it on so bloody late - 4-5 in the morning - and the streams inevitably conk out so I usually just fall asleep.

It was on at half 10 :lol:

29 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Did I miss it? Shit. :(

Done him in 2 rounds.

Everything is being hyped up for Joshua v Fury well in advance. It is Britain's ideological war. It is almost Ali v Frazier I (I jest).

Joshua says the right thing, seems like a good kid, is politically correct, Southerner, an Olympian at London 2012. Fury says the wrong things, is a bad boy, not politically correct in the slightest, a Mancunian gypsy background. One is (allegedly) over-hyped and media savvy. The latter, slighted by the media.

The whole IBF thing adds a legitimising aspect to things, Fury winning the IBF and that belt ending in the hands of the completely un-tested Joshua through sanctioning body machinations.

Forget a Vlad rematch. This is the match Britain wants to see!

John Fury doesn't half chat shit. He's pissed off that the journalists aren't fawning over the traveling community and then goes on to say that travelers love to fight and that he's just done a 12 stretch for fighting (read: gouging out a man's eye and nearly blinding him in the other)! He's also defensing Tyson for not showing respect to journalists because they don't show him respect, yet he says things that deserve to be reported, such as his threats to have a journalist beaten up, domestic violence, his comments about homosexuals and paedophiles, etc. The job of a journalist is to report what is happening, and Tyson, the big thick lump, makes it very easy to write a story indeed.

Also, John Fury talks about how important respect is, yet CONSTANTLY talks over the other guy and never lets him get five words out before interrupting him. What these travelers mean when they say they want respect is really "I want people to show me respect, but I'm not going to show any in return".

Edited by PappyTron

8 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

John Fury doesn't half chat shit. He's pissed off that the journalists aren't fawning over the traveling community and then goes on to say that travelers love to fight and that he's just done a 12 stretch for fighting (read: gouging out a man's eye and nearly blinding him in the other)! He's also defensing Tyson for not showing respect to journalists because they don't show him respect, yet he says things that deserve to be reported, such as his threats to have a journalist beaten up, domestic violence, his comments about homosexuals and paedophiles, etc. The job of a journalist is to report what is happening, and Tyson, the big thick lump, makes it very easy to write a story indeed.

I think in his own haphazard way what he is trying to highlight is a percieved prejudice against Tyson and a not taking him based on the value of achievement as opposed to Femi who, despite saying and doing all the right things used to serve up.  And that much is true, I've bought skunk off him before now :lol:  Dunno about the wraps of coke bit but i wouldn't be surprised.  He actually comes from the Meridan Estate which was about 3 streets down from where i grew up, my Uncle had a flat in one of the two tower blocks there, i used to bunk off school there with my cousin.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

I think in his own haphazard way what he is trying to highlight is a percieved prejudice against Tyson and a not taking him based on the value of achievement as opposed to Femi who, despite saying and doing all the right things used to serve up.  And that much is true, I've bought skunk off him before now :lol:  Dunno about the wraps of coke bit but i wouldn't be surprised.  He actually comes from the Meridan Estate which was about 3 streets down from where i grew up, my Uncle had a flat in one of the two tower blocks there, i used to bunk off school there with my cousin.

Right, but when Fury says things like "If I fought Joshua I'd give him a slap just like we slap bitches" it deserves to be reported and condemned. Fury wants the ability to say whatever he wants to say and then complain when people don't want to be his sponsor or condemn his views. He wants to have his cake and to eat it to.

Just now, PappyTron said:

Right, but when Fury says things like "If I fought Joshua I'd give him a slap just like we slap bitches" it deserves to be reported and condemned. Fury wants the ability to say whatever he wants to say and then complain when people don't want to be his sponsor or condemn his views. He wants to have his cake and to eat it to.

Thats not what he said, he was talking about Eddie Hearn and how he'd slap him like a bitch and the reason why he said that was because since the Joshua win (in fact right after in the post match interview) he made some disparaging remarks about Tyson.  I know thats not what your overall point is which is one i agree with, if you wannabe the straight talkin' badman rudeboy type well then you can't expect to be a media darling at the same time but then i suppose Tyson would turn around and say 'well i could've never been that way anyway cuz I'm a pikey and they'd never have me and why would you want me to be fake and come on and say anything other than what I'm feeling'.