The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Nice to see them like that at the end, I knew when Miguel started doing his backwards jog he had nothing left to give. No shame losing to Alvarez, A class fighter, shame neither of them could beat The Man floyd cause there'd be a bigger crossover ceiling for them.

Thats what i love about Floyd, he's 'the problem' :lol: Nice fight though.

Cotto is too old and shop worn now. He was knackered when he fought Pacman if you ask me. And they made him fight at some stupid catachweight knowing full well how he struggled to make the weight. Proper cunty move that, and there were a few fights of pacmans like that too.

Alvrez is massive a middleweight though.

I don't know why Haye has got this reputation as an embarassment, the guys a REALLY good fighter. He moved up to heavyweight and got dominated by Wlad, fair enough but he's a natural cruiserweight, look what he did in his natural weight class, he was the undisputed champ at that weight, thats undisputed...what other Englishman since Joe Calzaghe and big Lennox? The guy is 50 times the fighter someone like Tyson Fury is and yet he's getting all these plaudits and attention, David Haye is a cracking fighter, the vast majority of the heavyweight division at the moment show IMMENSE defecits in skill set, aside from basically Wlad Klistschko, he is head and shoulders above most, he actually LOOKS like a fighter too, a lot of these guys are fuckin' fat bums, your Pulevs and your Chagaevs and all that. Hayes only mistake is fighting outside of his natural weight, other than that he's a class fighter. Now i love someone like Ty' Fury but he's a bit of a stumble-bum compared to David Haye quite frankly, he looked fat and out of shape everytime he stepped in the ring aside from his last handful of fights, look at Hayes record, look at his fights, how is he an embarassment man, he's one of the best boxers this country has produced.

The Wlad fight was basically a cruiserweight coming up to heavyweight, which is a disivision full of monsters these days, massive fuckin' units, your Ali's and Rocky Marciano would barely make heavyweight these days, Ali might but The Rock certainly wouldn't, so in context he was immensely smaller than Wlad, heavyweight boxing ain't like the lower weights where you can freely throw hands, the reason he was so cautious against Wlad was when he felt the right hand he knew if he weren't careful he could get starched in that fight...and lets face it, Wlad didn't exactly impale him either, it was just jab and grab.

In an era that gave us Audleys and Michael Sprotts and Danny Williamses I'd say David Haye was a cracking fighter...you don't become undisputed in your division by being an embarassment. 28 fights, 26 wins, 24 knockouts, pretty solid to me. Very solid in fact.

Edited by Len B'stard

True...but in a division as shite as the one we got today...and with a fighter as un-shop-worn as Haye (only 28 fights, though he is 35) there's a good chance he could make a bit of noise. Although a 3 year lay off at that age is not exactly a good start so you do have a point i suppose.

Bout 5 to ten is the scheduled ring walk time for Ty', so pretty much within a half an hour of then, you know what boxing times are like.

British World Middleweight Champion James DeGale is defending his title against Lucien Bute over in Canada. We got a lot of world

Champions at the minute, world champions and top drawer challengers. I mean we got Kell Brook champion, James DeGale

Champion, Billy Joe Saunders fighting for the vacant championship against Irish Andy Lee, Tyson Fury fighting for

The heavyweight crown tonight, Anthony Corolla, Jamie McDonnell, and more than a few boys on the brink, Chris Eubank Jnr ranked no. 1 by the WBA too.