The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

48 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

You know David Hayes gonna knock shit out of him, dont you?

Probably. He's nothing if not tough as old boots, is Shannon though. I think that it'll get stopped in the late middle rounds, though Klitschko couldn't stop Briggs even though he put him in hospital for a week.

Have you read Blackwall's comments on Eubank?

28 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Probably. He's nothing if not tough as old boots, is Shannon though. I think that it'll get stopped in the late middle rounds, though Klitschko couldn't stop Briggs even though he put him in hospital for a week.

Have you read Blackwall's comments on Eubank?

I think Blackwells being a twat, he just don't like Chris and he's following through on that.  See everyones SOOO quick to cane Chris but look at the lead up to that, the sort of off key shit Nicks mate Bill was coming out with, all the pikeys getting together, Bill squaring up to Little Chrises old man and sticking the belt in his face, all them lot going on about Nicks gonna knock him out, now i don't wanna be out of order here but Little Chris bashed the fuck out of him in that fight, he weren't in it for one second, the same way Spike O Sullivan weren't, no one brings this up, they're all quick to have a pop at Chris for this that and the other but honestly it's pretty paltry stuff compared to what he put them through...and he fuckin' dealt with all of em, except Bill obviously and even in Bills case, whatever he might say I've seen all his fights, whatever he might say about Chris that was the toughest fight of his life and though i scored it for Bill I've seen those types of fights go either way, he's AT LEAST the hardest Bills ever fought so for Bill running around saying he's shit (which he didn't right after the bell, just changed his tune when Chris didn't wanna be all huggy kissey and matey afterwards) is a bit much.

I think the Eubanks were perfectly respectful, i do think they laid it on a bit with the 'i told him to go to the body to save his life' (not an exact quote) stuff but generally they were so concerned and even tried to link up with him and all that, dunno why he's giving him the needle now.  The truth is a lot of boxings fanbase are a bunch of working class schleppers and they hate Chris basically cuz he's a public schoolboy, he ain't that fuckin' arrogant and he's certainly not cunty on the level of a lot of these pikeys who get all this love from the fanbase...and y'know what, i like them too but lets have it right here, Little Chris is a good lad all in all.

Chris gets all this flak but everyone forgets Bill and Ty' and all them lot egging the fight on, i didn't see them suddenly leaping in for Nicks safety when he was getting pounded senseless, in fact even the commentators were positively biased, Chris stepped off a bit in the last round and they're 'he's tiring, could this be Nicks chance', do me a fuckin' favour.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

I think Blackwells being a twat, he just don't like Chris and he's following through on that.  See everyones SOOO quick to cane Chris but look at the lead up to that, the sort of off key shit Nicks mate Bill was coming out with, all the pikeys getting together, Bill squaring up to Little Chrises old man and sticking the belt in his face, all them lot going on about Nicks gonna knock him out, now i don't wanna be out of order here but Little Chris bashed the fuck out of him in that fight, he weren't in it for one second, the same way Spike O Sullivan weren't, no one brings this up, they're all quick to have a pop at Chris for this that and the other but honestly it's pretty paltry stuff compared to what he put them through...and he fuckin' dealt with all of em, except Bill obviously and even in Bills case, whatever he might say I've seen all his fights, whatever he might say about Chris that was the toughest fight of his life and though i scored it for Bill I've seen those types of fights go either way, he's AT LEAST the hardest Bills ever fought so for Bill running around saying he's shit (which he didn't right after the bell, just changed his tune when Chris didn't wanna be all huggy kissey and matey afterwards) is a bit much.

I think the Eubanks were perfectly respectful, i do think they laid it on a bit with the 'i told him to go to the body to save his life' (not an exact quote) stuff but generally they were so concerned and even tried to link up with him and all that, dunno why he's giving him the needle now.  The truth is a lot of boxings fanbase are a bunch of working class schleppers and they hate Chris basically cuz he's a public schoolboy, he ain't that fuckin' arrogant and he's certainly not cunty on the level of a lot of these pikeys who get all this love from the fanbase...and y'know what, i like them too but lets have it right here, Little Chris is a good lad all in all.

Chris gets all this flak but everyone forgets Bill and Ty' and all them lot egging the fight on, i didn't see them suddenly leaping in for Nicks safety when he was getting pounded senseless, in fact even the commentators were positively biased, Chris stepped off a bit in the last round and they're 'he's tiring, could this be Nicks chance', do me a fuckin' favour.

I think that they have a very feral mentality. Everyone is supposed to be respectful of their lifestyle and of their background, but they are very quick to bash others. Then you have Spike, who spent all of the time telling everyone that he was a warrior, that he'd never give in and that they'd have to carry him out on his shield, and as soon as he got bashed up a bit his team threw in the towel and he was happy for it in the post-fight interviews.

When Blackwell said "If I could throw one more KO punch it'd be on Eubank's chin" I thought "well, if you'd have done that on fight night maybe you wouldn't have been shitting in a bag for two weeks".

• Like 1

Fuckin' ridiculous and a joke, these dickheads run about ducking each other in the pro ranks and now they wanna go knock amateurs about, absolute fucking joke.  They're just fucking up the game and disrupting the up and coming talent pool.

Having said that if theres fuck all money in it i cant see it catching on.

Edited by Len B'stard

Olympic boxing is basically the only section of the Olympics that I watch constantly. It is a good little launching pad for Pros, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, etc. I would not want it to lose its identity as the premier international tournament for amateur boxing.

Incidentally, they were trying to get Twenty20 included as an Olympic sport but the corrupt Indian and English boards were not too interested. There was a feeling that, if cricket was an Olympic sport, the Chinese would chuck loads of money into winning the thing Ivan Drago style, leading to a boost for cricket there, in the most populated country - and that it would be excellent for little associates like the Afghans and Irish. But the ghastly Indians and English boards were too worried about their IPL, Sky monopolies, lucre and other bollocks and vetoed the thing.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Pakis are arriving this summer, four tests, six one-dayers. The crowds will probably sledge the heck out of Muhammad Amir.

Are they playing round my way at all?  What are ticket prices like?

just looked em up, fuckin 90 quid a turn!  I thought you said they were cheap.  Im gonna have to go down the England end so i can have a drink, can you take your own booze in?  Are drinks cheap at the venue?

Edited by Len B'stard

Thu 14-Mon 18 July - 1st Investec Test - Lord’s
Thu 11-Mon 15 Aug - 4th Investec Test - Kia Oval
Sat 27 Aug - 2nd Royal London ODI - Lord’s

Lord's tickets: https://tickets.lords.org/

Oval: https://www.eticketing.co.uk/surreytickets/default.aspx

Tickets range from £30 - £80. You can usually get a half way decent seat for the £45 range. Like everything else, test cricket is dear these days!

Theres one 16th July i looked up, i can do that one cuz its a Sunday, day off work. I just want an excuse for an all day booze up really.

So like, which end do which fans go to?  Dont wanna end up in my lots end and find myself unable to have a peaceful booze up.  Reckon i could sneak some skunk in there?  

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Theres one 16th July i looked up, i can do that one cuz its a Sunday, day off work. I just want an excuse for an all day booze up really.

So like, which end do which fans go to?  Dont wanna end up in my lots end and find myself unable to have a peaceful booze up.  Reckon i could sneak some skunk in there?  

There are no divided fans like football. Cricket is civilised, although this does lead to some interesting banter. I remember being at an Ashes test and the Barmy Army started singing, ''Rolf is a paedo'' and the theme tune to Home and Away and Neighbours.

Just avoid the 'family stand' if you are wanting to booze. If you are going to Lord's, you could perhaps go in the Compton stand, being that he was an Arsenal player.

I heard that Lord's allows alcohol in, four cans or one bottle of wine or something or other - check the small print on the ticket. You see all the ham and eggers with their champagne bottles lined-up haha. Toffs can drink a lot,

MCC_90463243_181327c.jpg

Old duffers.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Lord's is the only international cricket venue in the world where spectators can bring alcohol into the ground.

This amount is limited to two pints of beer or one 75cl bottle of wine per spectator.

Correct. My ground stops alcohol at internationals and T20s. I bet you could get away with a four pack. They are not going to search you too much considering they let some alcohol in. Lord's is like a gentleman's club (the MCC)

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

What are drink prices like at the venue...cuz four cans aint a lot.

Probably scandalous like everywhere else. It is usually just about the same as what they charge at arena and stadium concerts. 'Oop North it is £4-5 per pint but this would be cheap for you? (although I'm a member so I can walk into the members lounge and buy a pint for around £3.50ish).

Lord's is a bit more sedate and Champagne sipping. They don't allow the Barmies into Lord's, no riff-raff. If I was going to Lord's, I would put on a shirt.

The Oval will be a beery affair with singing by the Barmy Army.