The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Here it is if you're interested, it's all in foreign but the fight itself speaks a universal language.

Haha. You yourself are capable of some indulgent hippy bollocks when speaking about boxing.

I'm watching it now. Why has Brook just turned up in a red t-shirt? Get the robes on you idiot.

6 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Where would you rate GGG, Len? Do yu think that he has what it takes to move onto the all-time greats list?

Way too early to judge, he aint fought no one decent really has he?  I mean they're all top level boys, Curtis Stevens, Willie Munroe...but they ain't the top 3 or 2.  Through no fault of his own because they wont fight the cunt, he's actually gotten to the point where he is actively inviting punishment so as to cause a streetfight (and takes full blooded shots flush and walks through em, which is frightening) but again, being avoided is not the same as having beaten those people.  I believe we're approaching the business end of his career though, Bill'll fight him, Canelo will too i think in the next 18 months, he's building himself into it from the Canelo-weight catchweight bollocks.  Then we'll see.  Where from there though?  Maybe up in weight to fight Andre Ward or Ward come down or meet him halfway?  THATS the real test out there for him.  But as of yet i don't think you can put him up there.  He's a fuckin' monster though.

What do you reckon?

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Haha. You yourself are capable of some indulgent hippy bollocks when speaking about boxing.

I was trying to find a clever way of saying everyone understands a pasting :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he is a brave guy, Kell Brook. He never really stood a chance - it was a question of survival really - but I thought he did quite well in rounds 2 and 3. 

Based on that how do you reckon Kell vs Amir Khan will turn out?  I see Khan being put to sleep.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Based on that how do you reckon Kell vs Amir Khan will turn out?  I see Khan being put to sleep.

I do not rate Khan in the slightest so Brook will win by knock out.

Kell Brook moves well, got a few shots in. Decent game plan - to box a bit. He did a lot right really, and against anyone else it would have worked, but he just faced a much more aggressive intimidating puncher.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Way too early to judge, he aint fought no one decent really has he?  I mean they're all top level boys, Curtis Stevens, Willie Munroe...but they ain't the top 3 or 2.  Through no fault of his own because they wont fight the cunt, he's actually gotten to the point where he is actively inviting punishment so as to cause a streetfight (and takes full blooded shots flush and walks through em, which is frightening) but again, being avoided is not the same as having beaten those people.  I believe we're approaching the business end of his career though, Bill'll fight him, Canelo will too i think in the next 18 months, he's building himself into it from the Canelo-weight catchweight bollocks.  Then we'll see.  Where from there though?  Maybe up in weight to fight Andre Ward or Ward come down or meet him halfway?  THATS the real test out there for him.  But as of yet i don't think you can put him up there.  He's a fuckin' monster though.

What do you reckon?

I was trying to find a clever way of saying everyone understands a pasting :lol:

I think that he has the potential to go all the way to the all-time greats list, but like all great fighters he'll need a few defining fights (which is why I don't rank Lennox Lewis). Funnily enough, GGG says that his twin brother was always the better fighter of the two. :lol:

Maybe Floyd should come out of retirement for Golovkin and they can make a catchweight go of it. :lol:

EDIT: Also, Saunders calling out GG straight from his caravan. :lol::lol::lol:

3837808B00000578-3784340-image-m-8_14736

Edited by PappyTron

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Another british world champion fighting this weekend, Liam Smith takes on Saul Canelo Alvarez, to see if he can do what Amir Khan rather unceremoniously could not.

" rather unceremoniously "

:lol:

Look at his legs!! LOOK AT HIS LEGS!! Is 'dem the legs of a man that can knock out five mans? Goodnight Amir Khan. He's doin' the Samba dance. Pussyhole!

30 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

" rather unceremoniously "

:lol:

Look at his legs!! LOOK AT HIS LEGS!! Is 'dem the legs of a man that can knock out five mans? Goodnight Amir Khan. He's doin' the Samba dance. Pussyhole!

Whats funnier now is the way his clip of gettin sparked by Canelo is being used as a highlight reel thing, you see it all over the place, on Canelo highlight reels, on the Boxnation TV spots where it goes 'Canelo Alvarez brutally knocked out Amir Khan'...then show a clip of it...then cut to Liam Smith all ready for his close up and he goes, in his scouse accent 'I am Not Amir Khan', thats like an actual promo :lol:

What would've ended the promo in the proper fashion is a final shot on Liam going 'The Pussyhole' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

It seems that the big thing to do is go up in weight for a hopeless fight (Khan and Brook), get battered for the money, and then tell the world that "my stock has risen". What a pile of JLS CDs.

At least Kell can lay some mild sort of claim to that because he got GGG was some hurtful shots that'd rock a Welter, he took his shots pretty well too...Amir just got put put to bed, tucked in and had his night-light switched on for him.  But yeah, broadly speaking i agree 'my stock has risen', what, from going up 2 weights and not making it past 5 rounds? :lol:

I think, to be honest, a lot of these fighters are in it for the money, which is not a bad thing, but what I mean is that they will take a fight knowing that they will 99% lose simply because they are getting paid big for it. I'm sure that Amir Khan would go up to Heavyweight to fight Joshua or Wilder if there was enough money offered.

58 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I think, to be honest, a lot of these fighters are in it for the money, which is not a bad thing, but what I mean is that they will take a fight knowing that they will 99% lose simply because they are getting paid big for it. I'm sure that Amir Khan would go up to Heavyweight to fight Joshua or Wilder if there was enough money offered.

Oh definitely man, loads of em, Kell Brook basically got the biggest payday he was ever likely too based on his careers worth of ducking.  Gabe Rosado (a fighter with 9 losses but who has fought everyone) was saying that Bill is cashing out with his push for GGG.  If he was bright he'd rematch Eubank Jnr, itd be a massive domestic fight, one that he can win and theres a good excuse for cuz if Eubank comes through Tommy Langford hes rated 2nd or 3rd.  

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh definitely man, loads of em, Kell Brook basically got the biggest payday he was ever likely too based on his careers worth of ducking.  Gabe Rosado (a fighter with 9 losses but who has fought everyone) was saying that Bill is cashing out with his push for GGG.  If he was bright he'd rematch Eubank Jnr, itd be a massive domestic fight, one that he can win and theres a good excuse for cuz if Eubank comes through Tommy Langford hes rated 2nd or 3rd.  

I hate Saunders. A complete hypocrite and sack of shit.