The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're rather new to this, aren't you?

Nah, im a regular man, gotta a special seat down there right between Mick Jagger and Lord Hailsham Smythe Chomsley Warner :lol:

Everyone always said it was a massive piss up but then you suddenly went '4 can limit' so i was thinking 'hang on a sec!', I'm gonna bring my brother along, he can watch the cricket i can get ratted, though I'm a bit conflicted as of last night cuz I've seen this cracking Anthony Sinclair suit for 750 that i got my eye on.

Edited by Len B'stard

34 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Nah, im a regular man, gotta a special seat down there right between Mick Jagger and Lord Hailsham Smythe Chomsley Warner :lol:

Everyone always said it was a massive piss up but then you suddenly went '4 can limit' so i was thinking 'hang on a sec!', I'm gonna bring my brother along, he can watch the cricket i can get ratted, though I'm a bit conflicted as of last night cuz I've seen this cracking Anthony Sinclair suit for 750 that i got my eye on.

And miss a bit of ball-tampering and suspiciously deliberate no balls? For a suit?

It basically is a piss up. The Oval will be more beery - Lord's more champagne and GaT (not that those old codgers are drinking any less than the Barmies). One Dayers are more rowdy than Test matches. T20s are more rowdier again. You are obviously going to space your drinks at a Test Match whereas T20s are more like a ''football crowd'', hitting the pubs beforehand and after and having a good sing along.

At my ground, County games have no limit on alcohol - well there is a limit apparently, something like four cans, but absolutely nobody is going to search you. On a summer's day it is nice to just slob around and drink beer watching cricket. Sometimes I pop out of the ground and go to the local newsagents to restock and reenter.

Incidentally, I was at a T20 last night and some drunk Notts supporters started singing, ''I'd rather be a Paki than a Geordie''. We walloped them so, they can sing what they like. Little chubby Samit Patel was playing.

PS

They're all up in arms about this pro-Olympic story on talksport. Apparently Khan wants to fight for Pakistan.

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And miss a bit of ball-tampering and suspiciously deliberate no balls? For a suit?

It basically is a piss up. The Oval will be more beery - Lord's more champagne and GaT (not that those old codgers are drinking any less than the Barmies). One Dayers are more rowdy than Test matches. T20s are more rowdier again. You are obviously going to space your drinks at a Test Match whereas T20s are more like a ''football crowd'', hitting the pubs beforehand and after and having a good sing along.

At my ground, County games have no limit on alcohol - well there is a limit apparently, something like four cans, but absolutely nobody is going to search you. On a summer's day it is nice to just slob around and drink beer watching cricket. Sometimes I pop out of the ground and go to the local newsagents to restock and reenter.

Incidentally, I was at a T20 last night and some drunk Notts supporters started singing, ''I'd rather be a Paki than a Geordie''. We walloped them so, they can sing what they like. Little chubby Samit Patel was playing.

PS

They're all up in arms about this pro-Olympic story on talksport. Apparently Khan wants to fight for Pakistan.

Billy Joe Saunders tweeted a desire to fight for England too, joke innit?

• 3 weeks later...

Some cracking boxing on Saturday, young Conor Benn fighting, plus:

Dillian Whyte, the bodysnatcher, probably won't be that amazing a fight, i just like him :D

Chris Eubank Jnr vs Tom Doran - by all accounts to be followed by a shot at GGG if Chris comes through, i predict Eubank stoppage

Martin Murray vs George Groves - really really really solid British fight, middleweight title eliminator also, bit difficult to predict by I'm gonna predict with my heart here and go for Martin Murray on points or late stoppage cuz George Groves is a cock.

Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale - though its the main event probably the lesser fight on the bill, i predict Joshua inside of 6 rounds

And later in the night (or early in the morning technically!) Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter...and honestly, i cant even call that one but it should be fucking fantastic.  I wanna see what One Time Thurman can do on the step up.  Leonard and Hearns are out there talking about how it reminds them of their fight...not sure I'd go that far.

The Eubank press conference is worth watching just to watch Eubank Snr offend just about everybody, even prompting young Conor Benn to kick off with him :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm afraid boxing has had to take a back seat in my household recently: too much sport, what with the English cricket summer in full sway, Euros, Tri-test Rugger in Oz and Wimbledon (tomorrow)!!

You missed Joshuas best fight yet, which admittedly aint saying much but he beat the fuck out of the yank over 7 rounds.  And the American main event last night (or this morning) was a fight of the year type.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

You missed Joshuas best fight yet, which admittedly aint saying much but he beat the fuck out of the yank over 7 rounds.  And the American main event last night (or this morning) was a fight of the year type.

Yes but you watch cricket, rugby and football all weekend and there is little room for anything else, and to be honest, you are rather clamouring for Coronation Street!

Chris Eubank Jnr all but signed up to fight GGG, i cant fuckin' believe it.  I'll give him this, the boys got serious fuckin' stones.  The one everybody shit it from fighting, to the point of vacating titles and moving up weights, 35 fights 32 knockouts...and this kid fancies it with him, God bless the Eubanks, Dad and son, love em both.