Appetite For Democracy 3D wins award for best 3D music entertainment feature

Great news! Glad GNR are still being recognized for doing an amazing job in their live show.

Incorrect. Rock Fuel is being recognized for their 3D work, not Axl's band.
I'd imagine the content is considered too. If it were an amazing 3D bluray of an apple on a table for 2 hours it probably wouldn't win.

Incorrect. That's not how technical awards work.

Incorrect.

*shrug*

Why is my post incorrect?

Because It's completely biased?

Nope, it isn't. It's based on factual information. If you have any substantial evidence that my post is factually incorrect, please share with us. :)

I don't have any real evidence, I do think you're incredibly critical of all thing current in the GnR world though.

This was awarded to Rockfuel, don't think there's any question about that, but you seem to think any release could have won that same award... I disagree! any release backed by a huge name like Metallica, Guns N ' Roses, Iron Maiden, Madonna, Beyonce, 1direction etc, etc. could win. Yes, it's for the technical side of things but the artist they worked with has a role (maybe not the biggest role) in it, sales etc. I mean why didn't the Smashing pumpkins dvd from the same company get the award the year before? Smashing pumpkins are not as famous? Guns sold more copies? or was it that Rockfuel suddenly upped their game so much and changed production techniques?

I've watched most of the concert and it looks and sounds fantastic, so they definitely worked their asses off making a great sounding and visually appealing concert film.

I don't have any real evidence, I do think you're incredibly critical of all thing current in the GnR world though.

This was awarded to Rockfuel, don't think there's any question about that, but you seem to think any release could have won that same award... I disagree! any release backed by a huge name like Metallica, Guns N ' Roses, Iron Maiden, Madonna, Beyonce, 1direction etc, etc. could win. Yes, it's for the technical side of things but the artist they worked with has a role (maybe not the biggest role) in it, sales etc. I mean why didn't the Smashing pumpkins dvd from the same company get the award the year before? Smashing pumpkins are not as famous? Guns sold more copies? or was it that Rockfuel suddenly upped their game so much and changed production techniques?

I've watched most of the concert and it looks and sounds fantastic, so they definitely worked their asses off making a great sounding and visually appealing concert film.

Yes, any release could have won that award, it's not that I think that, it is how it is when it comes to technical awards. Again, if you're based this solely on your perception, I'm sorry to tell you, you're wrong. Things are not right or wrong just because you disagree.

As I have already stated, if you take into consideration past winners for music categories, you will see that it doesn't matter or help how big the band behind the release is. I can't tell you why Smashing Pumpkins didn't win last year, maybe because they didn't have a 3D award? Maybe because there were other releases superior than Smashing Pumpkins? Who knows. I can't speak for them when it comes to explaining why they didn't win last year. If you think this award is only for famous bands, you're delusional.

I won't dispute the fact that 3D is great for this release, but to think Rock Fuel won this just because it had Guns N' Roses on it, or just because Axl Rose was singing on it, is stupid and unless you can refute that with factual information, then you have no leg to stand on.

Edited by Nosaj Thing