Fernando : " Working on making something happen"

Everything Axl and the Band did just suck, in the opionion of most people here. So tell me where would be your motivation of doing something new?

The Axl I knew took all the negativity, all the odds against him from everywhere. His was driven by all that and turned it into the biggest band in the world back in the day. He did it before and he could it again if he wants to.

I think that the apparent endless tinkering and rerecording of what we know as Chinese Democracy is proof that Axl does indeed give a shit what people think/thought regarding the "new" songs at least.

There is nothing Axl appears to want more than vindication...or at least he did up until 2011. Now he just seems to want to sit around, be half assed and get money.

Have any of the admins reached out to Fernando/TB to confirm this? Actually shocking that they are still 'going through the songs' as DJ says, they came off the tour in June, they trying to say that in 8 months (forgetting the years previously) they STILL haven't picked out songs for CDII... What a mess....

Have any of the admins reached out to Fernando/TB to confirm this? Actually shocking that they are still 'going through the songs' as DJ says, they came off the tour in June, they trying to say that in 8 months (forgetting the years previously) they STILL haven't picked out songs for CDII... What a mess....

A year ago Axl said they had two full albums recorded. What in the hell do they still need to go through or look into?

Can anyone contact Kaneda to see if there's any more info about a release this year?

Good question- his last post (and appearance on this board) was a pledge to buy everyone here a Dr. Pepper if his "sources within the band" rumor comes to fruition... two months ago.

(One can only assume that Kaneda has been "disappeared" for breaking some Omerta-style code of silence...)

Axl used to be productive when he wasn't given 99% creative control, true he was still a fucking conundrum to work with but when his hand was forced a little to get his ass to the studio or combine ideas, he actually completed them for six or so years. He has everything inside that castle of his, the moat is around 9 miles wide and the walls are about 9 miles high and the dragon is actually in there with him, it's called motivation and he has no fucks to give. He reneged on his original presented premise for keeping the name and is dragging it through the muck since 2011. He's too comfortable, I don't begrudge the guy some peace at long last but not at the expense of an illusion ya know, we'd have a trilogy if this was Axl Rose n' Ho Defenders or whatever. He can take his precious time procrastinating, gathering a ton of money from CD TOUR 6 or whatever it is now and simply keep believing he is fighting the fight, without progress.

Yes the concerts are often of high class even when he seems to go through the motions and downright superb when he's on form but this is Guns N' Roses (2) not the original line up, he cannot coast and expect praise from all corners when he has done 14 songs in 14 years and nothing at all by all accounts since 2006. Bumblefoot jumped ship for plenty of reasons after all, he didn't even know what happened to Atlas Shrugged despite playing a solo on it, Axl's mystique has been working against him for a long time now, he'll be 55 at the minimum by the time the second album comes out, it's insane what he's wasted in his second incarnation.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I still to this day believe UMG make it next to impossible for him to release the first album, to say it was just them would be a pretty big stretch.

Who fired the first shot either Axl or UMG there is no telling but we all know if someone pushes Axl he will push back and even screw himself over just to give a pay back. No promo for the release CD from Axl pretty much says to he walked into the record company and said here it is take or leave it, the record company always wanted a reunion and used managers and folks behind the scenes that where somewhat close to Axl to influence him into a reunion.

I pretty sure Slash and Duff, more so Slash than duff fought tooth and nail to stop Axl form using the GNR name and that probably would add to the delay, Axl doesn't talk to the press or anyone about lawsuits or interviews that claim he said something when he didn't. That's Axl since started work on CD, NOW of it was the 89-93 Axl would have had some huge rants if stuff like all this was going on then but he is alot more reserved and keeps stuff close to his vest. I wish he would speak out more but I don't see it happening.

Now we are talking about possibly a new album that still has alot of the butt hurt from CD on both sides.

Maybe label doesn't wants to release it and will not release GNR from there contract so they can release it on another label.

Or, Axl may want to switch labels because of all the drama with CD. I am sure Beta has checked all there spirits at the label and is telling him you can't release it because all the vibes are all wrong, we all know how he seems to listen to her more than he should and the the year of touring he seems to be pretty pissed at her too.

I think it maybe more likely he wants a different label and there is no way UMG is going to release Axl from his contract and he probably can't afford to buy it out right himself or is there any label that will try and buy the contract out knowing what a cluster fuck CD was to get out and I would bet if he got a new label all the stuff he has been working on would be property of UMG unless it is bought out.

Or it could be as simple as many have stated he is just LAZY.