Fernando : " Working on making something happen"

The thing is if by some miracle a new record does released I don't see it being that big of a deal - if it is stuff from years ago with the main contributions coming from people long out of the band then that will add more fuel to the fire of the critics and you can't really blame them. Bucket left in 2004, that's over a decade ago - it would be like if Slash had played on CD stuff. As great as CD and I imagine any new stuff would be no record is worth that long of a wait. I think the ship of getting people into nuGuns has sailed sadly. I think 2010/11 was the last real opportunity for a real 'comeback'. Axl hasn't been able to keep a stable lineup or release new material and it's diminishing returns regarding the live shows. It's sad that the nuGuns experiment has effectively culminated in Axl playing the songs from the old band in Vegas every so often.

Well tell Axl to work on recovering Bumblefoot and finishing those Chinese tracks and maybe make some time to sift thru the other guys 100 ideas over the downtime and the jams whilst on tour... it's surely imperative to progress new GNR since you're now half a decade old and still have an exemplary voice, there's only so far that mystery and ignoring precious time will take GNR's second act unless you only want to tour as the last man still standing stuck on democracy (outstanding record as I think it is and enjoy the performances when the band's on fire) until 2020.

Someone fucking leak something.

And if anyone connected to the band is reading this, it's very simply born out of a wistful desire to hear some of these near-mythical songs that we've endlessly been told about, before I almost completely stop caring.

I hit that wall a few months ago.

Well tell Axl to work on recovering Bumblefoot and finishing those Chinese tracks and maybe make some time to sift thru the other guys 100 ideas over the downtime and the jams whilst on tour... it's surely imperative to progress new GNR since you're now half a decade old and still have an exemplary voice, there's only so far that mystery and ignoring precious time will take GNR's second act unless you only want to tour as the last man still standing stuck on democracy (outstanding record as I think it is and enjoy the performances when the band's on fire) until 2020.

:blink:

I think he is talking about the Better music video, it might come out in a week or so

they're still waiting for Lars Ulrich to give his permission to move forward with the video...Lars is a hard guy to get a hold of apparently

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I've often said I think Axl and Slash had achieved all they could together. TSI was a backwards move. But Axl has always needed someone at the back of him kicking his arse and making him be productive. What we have now is the inevitable result of him in a comfortable situation where he calls all the shots. If the leader of your band is someone who sits around sniffing his hoop for 2 years for every 6 months of activity, you're not going to have much of a band.

If anyone wants a laugh at why axl is empowered to do nothing... go sit through 26 pages of junk on HTGTH (RICHARD FORTUS INTERVIEW LINK) where Jarmo basically defends the fact that the band hasnt done shit for however many years????. and how do we know they arent seriously working on something and blah blah blah.. its delusion at its best!

the answer to the question of gnr and Axl doing nothing year in year other than a couple of tribute tours lies in the fact that axl is empowered by TB to basically do nothing.

But dont worry.... its all good in GNR land. Things are happening! :lol:

Edited by Tadsy

If anyone wants a laugh at why axl is empowered to do nothing... go sit through 26 pages of junk on HTGTH (RICHARD FORTUS INTERVIEW LINK) where Jarmo basically defends the fact that the band hasnt done shit for however many years????. and how do we know they arent seriously working on something and blah blah blah.. its delusion at its best!

the answer to the question of gnr and Axl doing nothing year in year other than a couple of tribute tours lies in the fact that axl is empowered by TB to basically do nothing.

Link? I can't seem to find it :P

Link? I can't seem to find it :P

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66145.0

You'll need a while lol

with all the history of axl getting the rest of the band to sign the name over to him, to reforming the band to make music how he wanted to do it with the people he wanted to do it with for it all to equal in the end sitting on your ass, getting fat as fuck, dressing like a broke retarded pimp all the while sounding like a mixture of mickey mouse inhaling helium while mini mouse kicks(that can be beta or fernando) you in the balls. after all that, not to mention yellow raincoats and acting like you were having a fucking stroke fred sanford style at the benefit concert. in the end was it really fucking worth it? was it really worth keeping the gnr name just to run it completely into the fucking ground and become a laughing stock instead of just letting the name die and doing something on your own?

• Like 3

with all the history of axl getting the rest of the band to sign the name over to him, to reforming the band to make music how he wanted to do it with the people he wanted to do it with for it all to equal in the end sitting on your ass, getting fat as fuck, dressing like a broke retarded pimp all the while sounding like a mixture of mickey mouse inhaling helium while mini mouse kicks(that can be beta or fernando) you in the balls. after all that, not to mention yellow raincoats and acting like you were having a fucking stroke fred sanford style at the benefit concert. in the end was it really fucking worth it? was it really worth keeping the gnr name just to run it completely into the fucking ground and become a laughing stock instead of just letting the name die and doing something on your own?

The brand is worth a lot of money. He helped build it, and shoplifted the name, so why not use it? I think it's a combination of financial reasons, and just Axl's will to attempt to release more music he considers to be Gn'R music, based more on what influenced him as a musician, but still keeping certain Guns elements.

It takes years for him to actually move his ass, and he doesn't prepare before a new tour starts, it's good enough for him it seems: He's still making money under the Gn'R name, and can still release albums when he wants to which takes a long time.

If he went solo, it will be even worse, since he's lazy and slow and it will probably be the same result with less interest and sales from the public.

Musicians can't just take forever to do something. Even rich and famous ones. Had he released one album every 3 years since 1999, as Guns N' Roses, or as a solo act, at least it could have been more accepted and not viewed as a joke by many.

Edited by Rovim

I've never seen anyone, in any walk of life, work as hard at doing nothing yet pretend they are doing so many things as TB and Axl do. It really is awe inspiring.

I don't think it's pretending to do something. More like TB's main focus is making Axl happy imo, and Axl is doing whatever the fuck he wants to do.

I don't think he's lying when he's saying he's interested in releasing more music, and it's time to get things in motion, but his process is long and inconsistent resulting in fans thinking he's not doing anything, even if we have no idea what the status now cause the Guns camp won't share shit with us.

They can't even be clear about Bumble and prefer to just not say anything, but just because Axl doesn't talk about anything right now, doesn't mean he's not trying to get CD ll released. He basically said that now that's the focus. Releasing a finished album after years of touring behind Chinese doesn't sound unrealistic to me. The question is when not if imo.

Edited by Rovim

Will anyone care if an album drops this summer? GNR are going the way of Limp Biscuit.

I don't know, I don't think Axl's next album will sell very well, and I also don't think it will be received better then Chinese was.

But... it doesn't matter to me, cause I could be the only one interested in a new album, and it'll be fine by me.

More then anything as a fan, I just want more music from Axl.

Edited by Rovim