Which lineup has more credibility: Slash/Duff/Gilby et al. or Axl/Dizzy/Duff or Izzy et al.

izzy92

If you had to go watch a 3 hour show of Guns N Roses material, which lineup are you going to see?

Myles Kennedy

Slash

Duff

Gilby

Frank Sidoris

Todd Kerns

Brent Fitz

Axl

Duff OR Izzy

Dizzy

DJ

Bumblefoot

Richard

Chris

Frank

Axl

Duff OR Izzy

Dizzy

DJ

Bumblefoot

Richard

Chris

Frank

Slash is coming my town at festival (rock on the range) I'm not going. Guns n roses were at that festival in 2014 and i saw them.

And also do you want to hear November rain, estranged, don't cry, you could be mine, and possible a new song? or would you rather see slash and some dude play welcome to the jungle, paradise city then some other songs that nobody has ever heard of? Im going to take the ballad and heavy rock show of axl and his band guns n roses

Edited by AxlISTHEMAN

It's equal. Both listed two guns from the classic line up and one employee.

But take the VR-Show with Duff, Slash, Izzy and Matt. Much more GNR isn't possible today. HOF gig was great, too...

Would be great if Axl invites Duff and Izzy for the same show.

If you do not get Izzy you really are just getting a half arsed circus version of GN'R (like the 1992-3 band) since he is the one who wrote much of the material. That song Axl is singing, Patience? Well you can remove that from your setlist for a start. Sweet Child has to go also since he wrote the chords. I just do not understand why anyone would minimise Izzy's contribution. Izzy is the only guy to have walked from that band with his integrity 100% intact.

• Like 1

If you had to go watch a 3 hour show of Guns N Roses material, which lineup are you going to see?

Myles Kennedy

Slash

Duff

Gilby

Frank Sidoris

Todd Kerns

Brent Fitz

Axl

Duff OR Izzy

Dizzy

DJ

Bumblefoot

Richard

Chris

Frank

Smkc

The headline of the topic doesn't match what your questions is inside the topic.

Credibility or which show would we rather see. Two different things.

I agree the headline of the thread is misleading.... Mostly because by credibility he's implying that Slash is trying to work out a Guns N' Roses 2 and I think that's not the case. Actually Slash got annoyed when the crowd started chanting GNR.

Slash playing with some ex-gunners shouldn't be considered GNR.

Funny how the fans there declared slash's band the real Guns N Roses

Axl all the way. No one can sing GNR songs except Axl Rose.

That's not factually true.

You and I can sing GnR songs. In fact, I'm singing one as I type this message.

But using your logic, does that mean that "no one can play guitar GnR songs except Slash and Izzy?" Or do you just have a double standard whenever Axl is involved?

Since it's not 2007 anymore, I'd rather go see Slash, Duff and Gilby perform a set of GNR songs with Myles singing than Axl and his band.

It's true that in a lot of cases the original singer is a massive part of a band's sound ( growling metal bands can get away with it though it seems, they mostly all sound the same) when you listen/watch things like the RNRHOF thing it really rams it home what Axl's show is missing.

I'm no VR fan, but when they would do It's So Easy and You're Crazy it was IMO every bit as good if not better than Axl's take at the time.

• Like 2

If you do not get Izzy you really are just getting a half arsed circus version of GN'R (like the 1992-3 band) since he is the one who wrote much of the material. That song Axl is singing, Patience? Well you can remove that from your setlist for a start. Sweet Child has to go also since he wrote the chords. I just do not understand why anyone would minimise Izzy's contribution. Izzy is the only guy to have walked from that band with his integrity 100% intact.

IF axl was only allowed play songs he wrote the set list would be:

Estranged

This I love

Street of dream

November Rain

Dont Cry

Most the songs are axl and izzy, a few are with the other band mates.

Whichever one has Axl.

Like it or not, you are always better off with the voice of the material everyone knows.

even when axl voice is not too good some shows, its still unbelievable and sound a lot like the studio.

As long as myles is involved then it spoils the whole thing. Guys tone is atrocious and his "performance" is the most boring ive ever seen.

Axl sounds worse currently.

"Currently" he sounds bad. Myles' tone has always been awful. Havent been able to listen to any of Slashs solo efforts since his first solo record. Myles voice ruins it for me.

As long as myles is involved then it spoils the whole thing. Guys tone is atrocious and his "performance" is the most boring ive ever seen.

I'm not exactly a fan of Myles either but in all honesty he has been streets ahead of Axl in the vocal department for the past few years.

Look at the RNRHOF show- if that was Axl it would be a thin, gasping, breathless performance. Myles sings those songs better than Axl does and has done for a few years now.

I don't enjoy saying that but it's fucking true.

edit: as I stated, I'm not really a fan of Myles' voice but I do find it funny that Axl's nasally whine is deemed awesome where Myles' is horrid...

Edited by DR DOOM

I'm not exactly a fan of Myles either but in all honesty he has been streets ahead of Axl in the vocal department for the past few years.

Look at the RNRHOF show- if that was Axl it would be a thin, gasping, breathless performance. Myles sings those songs better than Axl does and has done for a few years now.

Myles also actually looks like he's enjoying his time on stage too (the fact that he's in solid shape probably helps too). People may not like Myles "tone" or "timbre," but it hasn't lost its musicality like Axl's has.

• Like 1

edit: as I stated, I'm not really a fan of Myles' voice but I do find it funny that Axl's nasally whine is deemed awesome where Myles' is horrid...

Myles sounds like a parody. Sounds forced. Its not natural like it sounds when Axl does it.

Im not saying Axl has been good the last couple years but that wont make think Myles is good just cause Axl isnt performing to his standard. Myles is just awful in general. But thats my opinion, never have been a fan since i first heard him and was dissapointed when Slash decided to use him as his singer permantly.

Myles sounds like a parody. Sounds forced. Its not natural like it sounds when Axl does it.

Im not saying Axl has been good the last couple years but that wont make think Myles is good just cause Axl isnt performing to his standard. Myles is just awful in general. But thats my opinion, never have been a fan since i first heard him and was dissapointed when Slash decided to use him as his singer permantly.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and the mature and reasonable way you get it across :thumbsup:

I don't go much on Myles either and it prevents me from really enjoying Slash's albums too, and of course when Axl is firing on all cylinders he's the shit.

Unfortunately the last time Axl was firing on all cylinders onstage was what, 5 years ago?

• Like 1

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and the mature and reasonable way you get it across :thumbsup:

I don't go much on Myles either and it prevents me from really enjoying Slash's albums too, and of course when Axl is firing on all cylinders he's the shit.

Unfortunately the last time Axl was firing on all cylinders onstage was what, 5 years ago?

Unfortunately. And thats why I refuse to buy that excuse for a live dvd they released.