Bates Motel: Season 3

Well, they are sleeping together and Norman is 18, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The reason for Norman killing Norma in "Psycho" movie is because she got herself a live in boyfriend and Norman was very jealous so he supposedly poisoned both of them.

Norman is already showing signs of becoming his mother.

Bates Motel is about Norman as a teenager living with his mom running the motel. He also has an older brother.

It's an excellent show because you can see how Norman's story ends up being in the movie "Psycho". This show is in the now though, not in the 50's or 60's.

I think the writers are doing a great job with this show and how it could easily end like it did in Psycho.

So its kinda like changing the backstory of Psycho? OK. Cuz the original story goes he lives with his Mum, after his Dads left, they grow close, she's the centre of his world etc etc then she finds a boyfriend and he's kinda mean to Norman and usurps his position in her affections in Normans mind so he eventually poisons em, fraught with guilt, takes her in the fruit cellar and kits her up etc...so then whenever he fancies a girl he (or the mother in him) kills em. The detective in the end of the first Psycho mentions like 3 other missing girls/women, all of whoose murders you see in flashback in Psycho 4. And thats kinda it for the backstory, next thing is Marion Crane showing up at the motel in the first film.

So...if they're re-doing all of that then it'll contradict the first movie surely, no? Look at me nerding out over this shit :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

We're about this far:

So its kinda like changing the backstory of Psycho? OK. Cuz the original story goes he lives with his Mum, after his Dads left, they grow close, she's the centre of his world etc etc then...

Norma went on a date or two on the past seasons, but didn't get a FT boyfriend or anything. Norman still didn't like it at all though.

I wonder if this show will ever push the envelope and actually have Norman have sex with Norma, because what was going on in that first episode was creepy as hell with the bed sleeping and cuddling. :vomit:

Wondering the same thing. Even if they just strongly elude to it having happened, I think that would be a major pushing of the envelope.

Great show. Season 3 looks super promising. Just recently binge watched S2 to refresh my memory. I think I read somewhere where they have decided that the show will end after 5 seasons so I wonder when Norma will make her exit. Seems like the crazy is really coming out in Norman this season.

I think Farmiga and Highmore bring so much to their roles. They make the show really. I like all the side stories as well.

Wondering if how episode one ended is a red herring or something more sinister. I mean, I know what will happen eventually, just not sure if that is the end of that character so early in this season.

Great show. Season 3 looks super promising. Just recently binge watched S2 to refresh my memory. I think I read somewhere where they have decided that the show will end after 5 seasons so I wonder when Norma will make her exit. Seems like the crazy is really coming out in Norman this season.

I think Farmiga and Highmore bring so much to their roles. They make the show really. I like all the side stories as well.

Wondering if how episode one ended is a red herring or something more sinister. I mean, I know what will happen eventually, just not sure if that is the end of that character so early in this season.

Couldn't agree more about the casting. This same writing could have fallen very flat in the hands of different actors.

I think I'd read that about 5 seasons as well. I was guessing Norma would be around for the duration of the series, meeting her end in the finale. That's probably wrong though as the could off her and have a lot of time to explore Normans life after he kills her.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about how old Norman was when he killed Norma? In the Psycho movie he looked to be about in his 30's, but she was already dead for 10 years. Since Norman is 18 now, I would think he kills Norma when he's in his 20's.

Not sure what will happen to Dylan, since a brother was never mentioned in the movie.

I still think this show is terrific in telling the story that you can see will lead right into the movie. So many things since season one have been spoke of and done that you see it happened in the Psycho movie. It's creepy sometimes because we know what will happen and Norma has no clue nor does Norman

Yeah, I know I like Emma too, but Norman is just plain crazy.

The missing girl from the hotel turned up dead in the river. I'm sure Norman killed her. He took her car back to the motel.

According to the Psycho movie, eventually Norman would kill the women and sink them and their cars in the nearby lake or river. I remember the end of Psycho showing all the different cars being towed out of the lake.

That neighbor of Dylan's is nuts too. I'm sure someone is going to get killed over growing the pot

I can't help but love Norma. She's just so funny at times.

Norman on the other hand is a whiny little bitch. He seems so smug at times, but yet so paranoid. Emma needs to get the hell away from him.

I've been thinking since "Psycho" wasn't a real story, maybe the show will change it and kill Norman instead of him killing Norma and her lover. I really can't stand the thought of Norman killing his mother and possible Dylan and then killing for decades before someone stops him.

Norman really should have been committed now. It just kills me to know what's coming and since I do like Norma a lot I can't stand the thought of Norman killing her. she's just trying to protect him and he's just a little jealous boy trying to be a man.