Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

1 hour ago, drtydane said:

?not far off actually. Had to do a couple months in county. Probation violation and what not. Way she goes.

Really like that "rolling wit my muthafuckin strap on the side of me" from that record. 

Yeah man that's a classic. Amerikkkas Nightmare and 187 He Wrote are both solid albums.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drtydane said:

Lenny, a fucked up childhood is why the I am?

c'mon you can do better than that. dig deeper dude :rofl-lol:

and i have posted some non-radio hits, today i want something mellow, got the flu and my head feels like it's gonna explode. but here:

p.s. i get extra points cos they mention where i live ;)

Straight Up Menace. That song is literally the movie Menace II Society wrapped up in four minutes. Eiht's best song too.

Not sure why it's showing this cover, but Menace II Society is a great soundtrack. Short Dog is in the house.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Straight Up Menace. That song is literally the movie Menace II Society wrapped up in four minutes. Eiht's best song too.

Not sure why it's showing this cover, but Menace II Society is a great soundtrack. Short Dog is in the house.

why do you people use Dog in so many names? j/w...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drtydane said:

Love Too Short. Nothing special lyrically. But consistently funky. 

To be fair he started in what, 81/82/83?  And on the west coast at that, lyricism weren't really that far advanced.  Ra' is kinda like Jesus Christ in lyricism terms, it's like a BC to AD thing which him, he's the demarkation point where like, OK, before it was something else...and now it's THIS.  Before it was like check it out y'all, it's like that y'all, we in the house y'all, it's that a th-that th-that th-that y'all and all bom ba ba bom ba dang a dang stuff and then suddenly it's like...Microphone Fiend and Let the Rhythm Hit Em and all that crazy shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you're not trying to rhyme bass the instrument with azz are you? :P

btw i don't care if this was on the radio this is a GREAT song ;)

No, that would require bass to be pronounced like sea bass as opposed to 'base' :lol:  I was doing my impersonation of the W Ballz DJ :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

No, that would require bass to be pronounced like sea bass as opposed to 'base' :lol:  I was doing my impersonation of the W Ballz DJ :lol:  

yes that was my point! :P don't know this W Ballz DJ person but i like his name ( btw i am on NO sleep, flu thing had me coughing so much i could not sleep so i am wackier than usual :blink: )

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes that was my point! :P don't know this W Ballz DJ person but i like his name ( btw i am on NO sleep, flu thing had me coughing so much i could not sleep so i am wackier than usual :blink: )

I was gonna ask, what the fuck are you doing up at this ungodly hour girl, you need to get some fuckin' sleep, you ain't gonna cure the flu running around your house like a blue arse fly.  Drink a shitload of fuckin'...whats that shit Americans take, NyQuil?  Bang out a bottle of that and sign yourself off.  You never heard of W Ballz?  Off the Snoop albums?  This DJ E Z Dick on the station that plays only platinum hits, thats 187.4 on your FM dial' :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I was gonna ask, what the fuck are you doing up at this ungodly hour girl, you need to get some fuckin' sleep, you ain't gonna cure the flu running around your house like a blue arse fly.  Drink a shitload of fuckin'...whats that shit Americans take, NyQuil?  Bang out a bottle of that and sign yourself off.  You never heard of W Ballz?  Off the Snoop albums?  This DJ E Z Dick on the station that plays only platinum hits, thats 187.4 on your FM dial' :lol:

it's the cough, i try to prop myself up in bed but as soon as i drift off i cough so hard i wake up. i can't take NyQuol cos of some meds i am on. i am thinking get a bottle of whiskey and drink a big glass of it but i don't have the energy to drive into town!

ok i found him hahahaha! you know the coolest stuff!

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's the cough, i try to prop myself up in bed but as soon as i drift off i cough so hard i wake up. i can't take NyQuol cos of some meds i am on. i am thinking get a bottle of whiskey and drink a big glass of it but i don't have the energy to drive into town!

ok i found him hahahaha! you know the coolest stuff!

What meds are you on that dont mix with NyQuil but go fine with a fuckload of whiskey? :lol:

54 minutes ago, drtydane said:

Love Too Short. Nothing special lyrically. But consistently funky. 

What a guy he is. Hardly any radio airplay, hardly any videos, no mainstream success. Still stayed in the game for over 20 years pumping out albums. Started out selling tapes out the trunk of his car. Now that's a pimp.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What meds are you on that dont mix with NyQuil but go fine with a fuckload of whiskey? :lol:

i was kidding! i had a bf once, i was sick so he said drink a glass of whiskey...he did not specify what kind of glass so i used a big glass for like iced tea? cured me but i was sicker than a dog the next day!

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i was kidding! i had a bf once, i was sick so he said drink a glass of whiskey...he did not specify what kind of glass so i used a big glass for like iced tea? cured me but i was sicker than a dog the next day!

Got any brandy?

9 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Ohhhh shit. What you know about them Florida boys cuz?!

• Like 1