Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

50 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Always thought this one kinda got slept on. I've heard this was a one take freestyle.

It was only released on the first pressings and later complications. Something to do with an uncleared sample. 

I heard shiznit was a freestyle. But there's NO WAY.

1 hour ago, drtydane said:

It was only released on the first pressings and later complications. Something to do with an uncleared sample. 

I heard shiznit was a freestyle. But there's NO WAY.

Nah Shiznit sounds like a freestyle y'know.  Listen, i don't think anyone just PURE freestyles on record but in the sense of havin' a number of pre-written memorized free verses that you tie together on the track, yeah, it's freestyle like that.  Even battlers when they battle ain't literally dreaming every stitch of it up on the spot.

G'z and Hustlaz was THE fuckin' tune when i was in school, i can remember doin' that with my boy in class while he popped the desk :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah Shiznit sounds like a freestyle y'know.  Listen, i don't think anyone just PURE freestyles on record but in the sense of havin' a number of pre-written memorized free verses that you tie together on the track, yeah, it's freestyle like that.  Even battlers when they battle ain't literally dreaming every stitch of it up on the spot.

Speaking of freestyles, ever heard this? Fucking fantastic.

44 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You talking about this one. Yeah I wish they could've gotten it on the album. Smooth as fuck.

Y'know i had this shit on tape and CD for over 20 years and i never fuckin' heard this song, it was listed on the cassette but not on it and not even listed on the CD, this is the first time I'm hearing it.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know i had this shit on tape and CD for over 20 years and i never fuckin' heard this song, it was listed on the cassette but not on it and not even listed on the CD, this is the first time I'm hearing it.

Shit...thoughts plz. Dane is right about, something about the samples not clearing so they couldn't put it on Doggystyle at the time.

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

Shit...thoughts plz. Dane is right about, something about the samples not clearing so they couldn't put it on Doggystyle at the time.

Shit, its ummmm...you can tell its Snoop in 93/94, its got that quality to sit alongside the other Doggystyle tracks, hasn't it?  I really like it.  I never even knew a song existed, i thought it was some kinda misprint or something, G'z Up Hoes Down weren't exactly an uncommon phrase in the Snoop vernacular 'G'z up, hoes down, if that bitch cant swim then she bound to drizzown' :lol:  But it was an actual real song, shit, learn somethin new every day.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, its ummmm...you can tell its Snoop in 93/94, its got that quality to sit alongside the other Doggystyle tracks, hasn't it?  I really like it.  I never even knew a song existed, i thought it was some kinda misprint or something, G'z Up Hoes Down weren't exactly an uncommon phrase in the Snoop vernacular 'G'z up, hoes down, if that bitch cant swim then she bound to drizzown' :lol:  But it was an actual real song, shit, learn somethin new every day.

I think it has the quality to hold up on the album. Would've been perfect as maybe the opening song or closing track.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not sure that I have, I'm at work at the minute but I'll give it a listen!

Oh my goodness, I figured you heard that one before. Def check it out. It's become one of my favorites from Snoop or Pac, really good. You know most of Pac's unreleased stuff came out fairly early thanks to the Makaveli tapes. But that one didn't pop up until a few years ago. But it's a must hear. Two of the best ever just being laid back and having fun, can't say enough good things about it.

• Like 1

"Break it down and shake em, pass it off to 2Pac, and let him take a jump shot, because he gone give it all he got"

"back in the old days n!ggaz was suckas try to belittle me, but that was when I was much smaller just a little g"