SCOM itunes

The typical case of a positive thread turning into a negative thread ...

What is DJ doing wrong in that video?

Are you a bad driver just because you're driving a car with 4 flat tires?

If DJ was capable of doing that song with a guitar out of tune, maybe he isn't that bad ... If you say that he made a bad choice by not stoping the song immediatly, I can agree with you ... but, it's not only his fault, anyone could have done it .. .even Axl .. it was his momment, he could stop the song whenever he wanted.

If you say that DJ didn't even realize that the guitar was out of tune, then, I could understand all this criticism at him ... as a guitar player he should be able to recognize when the guitar is out of tune ... which is the case, that why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.

Let's be reasonable ...

The fuck, man? After playing about three seconds of that he had the choice to:

A) Stop and tune up.

B) Get another guitar.

C) Let Bumble or Fortus cover the part.

D) Soldier on, sounding like ass, because it doesn't require him think on his feet at all.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

If DJ was capable of doing that song with a guitar out of tune, maybe he isn't that bad ... If you say that he made a bad choice by not stoping the song immediatly, I can agree with you ... but, it's not only his fault, anyone could have done it .. .even Axl .. it was his momment, he could stop the song whenever he wanted.

If you say that DJ didn't even realize that the guitar was out of tune, then, I could understand all this criticism at him ... as a guitar player he should be able to recognize when the guitar is out of tune ... which is the case, that why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.

Let's be reasonable ...

The fuck, man? After playing about three seconds of that he had the choice to:

A) Stop and tune up.

B) Get another guitar.

C) Let Bumble or Fortus cover the part.

D) Soldier on, sounding like ass, because it doesn't require him think on his feet at all.

Looks like, in this case, was only a matter of a bad decision ... nothing to do with being a bad or a good guitar player ...

^ This is an unfair perception of reality ...
1st - DJ was able to witness how awfully out of tune that guitar was ... that's why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.
2nd - You don't need to be a professional musician to realise that the guitar was out of tune. You noticed, I noticed, he noticed and every other band member noticed that ... even Axl did.
3rd - As I told before, I accept if you say that he made the wrong decision by not stopping the music once he noticed the guitar was out of tune ... but that's only a bad decision and it's not enough to say how bad he is as a guitar player ... (the way he played TIL in 2009 it's enough to say he was awful playing that song ... this isn't the case)
I don't know why he decided not to stop the song, but probably he didn't want to take any action that could mess Axl's moment ... (so he messed it by not taking that action, anyway). What's ridiculous is people bashing him so hard because of this when, mostly, it was Axl's fault not stopping the music, when he had the authority to do it ... c'mon, he already stopped songs because of minor causes ...

I think this has to do mostly with the organization of the awards show. Of course, had it been a GN'R show, he would have stopped, but this awards thing are oftenly programmed to start and finish at some exact hour. Plus, weren't they coming out through television too?

There were people watching via web, streaming and live... I don't think it's that easy to stop and go change guitars in that very moment when all eyes are on you.

Who's fault is it? Probably the tech guitar who didn't tune it and Ashba who didn't try it before going stage... who knows? :shrugs:

Isn't this the same show that Taylor Momsen started - and then stopped - and then restarted her Joan Jett tribute song?

Honestly, I don't know about it because I turned on the thing just and only to watch GN'R.

The rest I couldn't care less....

Wait, he did change guitar....

By minute 1:10 Fortus whispers on his ear and around 1:30 he goes backstage and then comes back with a new guitar.

http://youtu.be/7brXycvcWgs

Edited by tinyrobot

1st - DJ was able to witness how awfully out of tune that guitar was ... that's why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.
2nd - You don't need to be a professional musician to realise that the guitar was out of tune. You noticed, I noticed, he noticed and every other band member noticed that ... even Axl did.
3rd - As I told before, I accept if you say that he made the wrong decision by not stopping the music once he noticed the guitar was out of tune ... but that's only a bad decision and it's not enough to say how bad he is as a guitar player ... (the way he played TIL in 2009 it's enough to say he was awful playing that song ... this isn't the case)
I don't know why he decided not to stop the song, but probably he didn't want to take any action that could mess Axl's moment ... (so he messed it by not taking that action, anyway). What's ridiculous is people bashing him so hard because of this when, mostly, it was Axl's fault not stopping the music, when he had the authority to do it ... c'mon, he already stopped songs because of minor causes ...

I think this has to do mostly with the organization of the awards show. Of course, had it been a GN'R show, he would have stopped, but this awards thing are oftenly programmed to start and finish at some exact hour. Plus, weren't they coming out through television too?

There were people watching via web, streaming and live... I don't think it's that easy to stop and go change guitars in that very moment when all eyes are on you.

Who's fault is it? Probably the tech guitar who didn't tune it and Ashba who didn't try it before going stage... who knows? :shrugs:

Isn't this the same show that Taylor Momsen started - and then stopped - and then restarted her Joan Jett tribute song?

Honestly, I don't know about it because I turned on the thing just and only to watch GN'R.

By minute 1:10 Fortus whispers on his ear and around 1:30 he goes backstage and then comes back with a new guitar.

Lol, it kills you to admit when I'm right!!! :P

But good catch on the guitar thing. What do you think Fortus told him? "He dude, your guitar is out of tune, change it holmes!!!!"

Lol, it kills you to admit when I'm right!!! :P

But good catch on the guitar thing. What do you think Fortus told him? "He dude, your guitar is out of tune, change it holmes!!!!"

No, dude, seriously! I didnt watch the whole thing at all because it's kinda late for me. Remember there's a difference of 5 hours between Los Angeles and me. I'm 5 hours ahead.

Besides I dont know who the fuck i s Taylor Mudsem, I didnt watch it. i dont know who else performed. The day after I could see everything related to GNR and the award given to Axl.

Yeah, I guess Fortus told him he would have his back. Or maybe "Axl's gonna kick your ass!" :P

Let's be reasonable ...

hahaha! Typical case of ONLY ON A GNR site would anyone be defending that performance in any way shape or form. ONLY on a GnR forum. :lol:

let's not be dellusional.....

U2 performed live one year on the MTV awards. Their set up shorted out. They stopped, there was a few minute delay and they started back up again. Funny how some bands pull their shit together while other bands simply can't. Always somebody else's fault when it comes to GnR. Unbelievable.

Let's be reasonable ...

Is a driver a bad driver for driving with a flat tyre? No! if you continue to do so, or don't realise you're doing so that makes you a bad / incompetent driver.

The problem with that video is, it's one of many video's of DJ playing out of tune... there's more than one time where Dj has started Sweet child off with a guitar that is way out. Is he bad for doing so? YES! A pro guitar player doesn't make mistakes like that, they check their tuning before and after each song... and if something happens mid song they usually have the ability to either tune it themselves or go to their tech and get a new guitar.

Dj somehow didn't realise during the intro or the following solo's that his guitar was way out... he's not a pro, he's barely capable.

It can happen to the best players, but it doesn't happen all that often, he should have switched out that guitar before he started SCOM, seen as he didn't he should have switched it right after the intro.

DJ is a enthusiastic guy, he seems to love what he does, but he spreads himself to thin. If he put half the time from social media into his guitar playing he would be far, far better. As a guitar player I can tell you that he needs to work on his bending intonation... he's always out, he needs to work on his timing / phrasing, he definitely needs to work on the accuracy... he tries to play with all this "feel & emotion" by sliding into notes all the time but he overshoots his landing and just sounds sloppy. A little less showman a bit more guitar playing. He has the showman part down and that is important, but f he doesn't have the skills to back it up he looks completely foolish... and lastly! if he's wearing a top hat and not nailing his predecessors parts he's just asking for trouble.

And I'm not hating on OR bullying DJ, I'm just giving the facts... you can't be in the big leagues playing like an amateur and get upset when you're called on it. He needs to up his game!

Side Note: I watched the Sixx AM footage that was on blabbermouth recently, when the parts are easier he definitely sounds a lot more professional. Sixx AM is real garbage though, the singer is good though.

Edited by Tom2112

Oh ... he didn't wait for the end of the song to change the guitar, he changed it as soon as he could .... well done DJ. ;)

I didn't remember that part cause I haven't see the video recently, but I knew he changed the guitar somewhere...

About Fortus whispering .... people love to speculate ...

Let's be reasonable ...

hahaha! Typical case of ONLY ON A GNR site would anyone be defending that performance in any way shape or form. ONLY on a GnR forum. :lol:

let's not be dellusional.....

Who's defending that performance? Looks like you are the one being delusional.

Let's be reasonable ...

Is a driver a bad driver for driving with a flat tyre? No! if you continue to do so, or don't realise you're doing so that makes you a bad / incompetent driver.

1st ... he didn't continue... he stopped as soon as he felt it was the right moment to do it ... a bad decision, perhaps ... but that's it. People trying to make a novel about it is just ridiculous.

2nd .. .Who said he didn't realise something was wrong? Someone really believe this? :facepalm: C'mon ... even I (I can't play a chord) realised something was wrong. Are you telling me that someone who's life is playing guitar (even if he's not the best player in the world) couldn't see it?

Is this a cupcake pastry or what?

If NuGNR were really a band, DJ would probably have stopped playing, but since he's afraid of pissing Axl off, he decided to continue. Axl calls all the shots, he's a dictator, and the band members are actually employees. Not even Trent Reznor acts this way and he's been a dictator since the start of his career.

DJ would probably have stopped playing, but since he's afraid of pissing Axl off, he decided to continue.

^^^I can accept this ...
But, when people start bashing DJ (IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION) because of how bad guitar player he is ... I thing they are just going on the wrong direction.

he's a dictator

Can't he just be the boss? :lol:

DJ would probably have stopped playing, but since he's afraid of pissing Axl off, he decided to continue.

^^^I can accept this ...
But, when people start bashing DJ (IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION) because of how bad guitar player he is ... I thing they are just going on the wrong direction.

he's a dictator

On a scale of 1-to-10 - where would you rank DJ in terms of hard rock guitar players?

10 being Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, Eddie Van Halen

8 being Paul Gilbert, Slash

6 being George Lynch, Warren DeMartini

4 being Mick Marrs

2 being CC DeVille

^^^I can accept this ...

he's a dictator

Nah... Dictator sounds cooler.

^^^I can accept this ...

he's a dictator

On a scale of 1-to-10 - where would you rank DJ in terms of hard rock guitar players?

10 being Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, Eddie Van Halen

8 being Paul Gilbert, Slash

6 being George Lynch, Warren DeMartini

4 being Mick Marrs

2 being CC DeVille

Humm.. lets put things this way: "He's far from being my fav guitar player" :lol: