SCOM itunes

People must have seen DJ's Golden Gods intro.

Holy Christ please tell me someone has altered that as a joke and hes not really that bad ? the ballad of DEAF !

He's not really that bad. He was that bad though.

Unless your mean DJ, sorry, he is that bad.

People must have seen DJ's Golden Gods intro.

Great performance. Axl sounds better than ever. Listen with headphones.

"You know, I love the original guitar lick, I'm just trying to put my own spin on it, you know? To make it more #demented sounding"
  • Like 2

The typical case of a positive thread turning into a negative thread ...

What is DJ doing wrong in that video?

Are you a bad driver just because you're driving a car with 4 flat tires?

If DJ was capable of doing that song with a guitar out of tune, maybe he isn't that bad ... If you say that he made a bad choice by not stoping the song immediatly, I can agree with you ... but, it's not only his fault, anyone could have done it .. .even Axl .. it was his momment, he could stop the song whenever he wanted.

If you say that DJ didn't even realize that the guitar was out of tune, then, I could understand all this criticism at him ... as a guitar player he should be able to recognize when the guitar is out of tune ... which is the case, that why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.

Let's be reasonable ...

Edited by GUNNER PT

If DJ was capable of doing that song with a guitar out of tune, maybe he isn't that bad ... If you say that he made a bad choice by not stoping the song immediatly, I can agree with you ... but, it's not only his fault, anyone could have done it .. .even Axl .. it was his momment, he could stop the song whenever he wanted.

If you say that DJ didn't even realize that the guitar was out of tune, then, I could understand all this criticism at him ... as a guitar player he should be able to recognize when the guitar is out of tune ... which is the case, that why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.

Let's be reasonable ...

Well, if you're a professionnal musician, you're obviously able to witness how awfully out of tune this guitar his. Considering how vital to the song this lick is, well, you stop the song, quickly tune it /or change it, and start all over again.

If you're a professional musician that is, not a #Demented businessman who doesn't even know his guitars apart from their cigarette burns finish.

• Like 1

Let's be reasonable ...

Well, if you're a professionnal musician, you're obviously able to witness how awfully out of tune this guitar his. Considering how vital to the song this lick is, well, you stop the song, quickly tune it /or change it, and start all over again.

If you're a professional musician that is, not a #Demented businessman who doesn't even know his guitars apart from their cigarette burns finish.

^ This is an unfair perception of reality ...
1st - DJ was able to witness how awfully out of tune that guitar was ... that's why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.
2nd - You don't need to be a professional musician to realise that the guitar was out of tune. You noticed, I noticed, he noticed and every other band member noticed that ... even Axl did.
3rd - As I told before, I accept if you say that he made the wrong decision by not stopping the music once he noticed the guitar was out of tune ... but that's only a bad decision and it's not enough to say how bad he is as a guitar player ... (the way he played TIL in 2009 it's enough to say he was awful playing that song ... this isn't the case)
I don't know why he decided not to stop the song, but probably he didn't want to take any action that could mess Axl's moment ... (so he messed it by not taking that action, anyway). What's ridiculous is people bashing him so hard because of this when, mostly, it was Axl's fault not stopping the music, when he had the authority to do it ... c'mon, he already stopped songs because of minor causes ...

In Axl's band, only Axl is the one who can stop a song, the hired musicians playing other people's material are too afraid of making that kind of decision. When real Guns N' Roses was around, anyone could stop a song. Like Duff did when he was being spat at, or when Slash stopped playing SCOM because he couldn't stop laughing.

Let's be reasonable ...

1st - DJ was able to witness how awfully out of tune that guitar was ... that's why he changed his guitar in the end of the song.

2nd - You don't need to be a professional musician to realise that the guitar was out of tune. You noticed, I noticed, he noticed and every other band member noticed that ... even Axl did.

3rd - As I told before, I accept if you say that he made the wrong decision by not stopping the music once he noticed the guitar was out of tune ... but that's only a bad decision and it's not enough to say how bad he is as a guitar player ... (the way he played TIL in 2009 it's enough to say he was awful playing that song ... this isn't the case)

I don't know why he decided not to stop the song, but probably he didn't want to take any action that could mess Axl's moment ... (so he messed it by not taking that action, anyway). What's ridiculous is people bashing him so hard because of this when, mostly, it was Axl's fault not stopping the music, when he had the authority to do it ... c'mon, he already stopped songs because of minor causes ...

Obviously everybody noticed it was out of tune, I was only saying that the guy playing should be the first one to notice and take action regarding that, especially when you're playing in a high caliber band as the GNR name.

There's plenty of examples showcasing his awfully bad guitar playing (his vibrato and his bends are esp bad), his horrendously processed tones. The point is: this video showcased how unprofessionnal he is. Changing guitar after the song? Wow, BFD, after butchering a classic because he couldn't tune his guitar and start again? If Axl wasn't as drugged up as he looked during the event, I'm sure hearing that butchering of the lick would've messed Axl's moment more than Ashba doing what EVERY PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN would have done in that case, simply starting over.

This particular moment made the whole band look like a joke (if it was still needed considering the pretty subpar performance), simply because Ashba didn't care.

• Like 1

I think this has to do mostly with the organization of the awards show. Of course, had it been a GN'R show, he would have stopped, but this awards thing are oftenly programmed to start and finish at some exact hour. Plus, weren't they coming out through television too?

There were people watching via web, streaming and live... I don't think it's that easy to stop and go change guitars in that very moment when all eyes are on you.

Who's fault is it? Probably the tech guitar who didn't tune it and Ashba who didn't try it before going stage... who knows? :shrugs:

I think this has to do mostly with the organization of the awards show. Of course, had it been a GN'R show, he would have stopped, but this awards thing are oftenly programmed to start and finish at some exact hour. Plus, weren't they coming out through television too?

There were people watching via web, streaming and live... I don't think it's that easy to stop and go change guitars in that very moment when all eyes are on you.

Who's fault is it? Probably the tech guitar who didn't tune it and Ashba who didn't try it before going stage... who knows? :shrugs:

Isn't this the same show that Taylor Momsen started - and then stopped - and then restarted her Joan Jett tribute song?

• Like 1