Mortal Kombat X

RussTCB

If you liked MK9, this is just as good. Only played for about an hour but it's great so far.

I actually like it a bit more than 9. I've only spent a couple hours with it, but the fighting just seems way more fluid than it did in 9.

I liked 9 a lot. Still have my copy, actually. This one is even better, though there are a few characters I wish were in the game that aren't.

My biggest gripe is that there wasn't a Konquest mode, it just felt a little bare bones compared to the last few IMO.

Maybe "a little lame" was a bit harsh, I loved having the Klassics back (so they could die again) and all that- I wish there was more to it that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

Been having loads of fun with it. The story was great. My only complaint about it was that Cassie Cage's special forces unit seemed a bit bland as characters overall, and we didn't really get to know Kotal Kahn's bodyguards other than D'Vorah.

The fighting feels great as always. Very easy to get back into.

Been having loads of fun with it. The story was great. My only complaint about it was that Cassie Cage's special forces unit seemed a bit bland as characters overall, and we didn't really get to know Kotal Kahn's bodyguards other than D'Vorah.

I love D'Vorah. She plays like a mix between Retile and Meleena to me.

I'm glad that I get to play as Lui Kang again.

I enjoyed the story mode too.

I finally got around to playing as Lui Kang last night. I always had a hard time being fluid with him, but it seemed a little easier this time around.

• Like 1

I finally got around to playing as Lui Kang last night. I always had a hard time being fluid with him, but it seemed a little easier this time around.

I remember when I bought Deadly Alliance for the PS2 years ago and Lui Kang was killed in the title sequence.

I was devastated.

Fat chance of hitting a 10 hit combo with any of these characters.

I'm too afraid to enter the Spider caves during the night.

Oh yeah, she plays great and has a wonderful storyline, I really like the character as whole. I just wish that a little more focus had been given to Erron Black and Ferra/Torr in the character department. We got their personalities down but they didn't seem to do a whole lot in the story mode.

By the way, did anyone else here get Goro? What do you guys think? I think he plays a lot better than he did in the games before 9. Feels less clunky to me.

I always loved these games but couldn't find friends that shared the same enthusiasm as I had.

This one seems to be gaining momentum. It's really well balanced for once. Adding 3 fighting styles for every character really added some depth.

• 4 weeks later...

Mildly upset I bought this when it came out. I haven't played it since release week, just because I don't exactly feel like playing a fighting game. At least I didn't spend real money on it and it was credit I got from using my Sony credit card. Nothing else I really wanted I guess, and I got The Witcher 3 for my birthday, so :shrugs:

Oh well, I'll have it for whenever someone wants to play it I guess.