Duff Open to AFD-era reunion

izzy92

Not sure if it would happen. Lots of shite went down, Steven taking Axl/Guns to court & not to mention being speedballed out his mind, Izzy quiting & sending lawyers after Axl, with more demands, Slash quitting and talking out his arse for years in the press, Duff quitting because Slash did & thinking fuck it were done with Axl's antics...let's go play with Scott Weiland instead. Axl is the last man standing, he never quit and you can throw any accusations at him, one album in 20 years, and so on...the guy never quit, so just remember next time you make fun out of someone he's dragged Guns this far, from late nineties obscurity, well the other members couldn't give a fuck about Guns.

Axl never quit? One album in the last 23 years, disappearing for literally YEARS at a time...........All Axl has done is USE the GnR name to replenish his bank account every 4-5 years.

Can you supply evidence of "Slash talking out of his arse for years in the press."

Axl is the last man standing? And he never quit?

This might be your most laughable post on the forum.

Adler has almost died a couple times and been in and out of rehab numerous times and STILL has managed to release more music than Axl has.

Axl had the HUGE advantage over all the old members simply by keeping the name GnR. That's the only reason he kept it. He clearly didn't keep the name to further the band or keep the band alive. One album. One album. One album.

Duff, Izzy and Slash have all put out (or played on) like 10 different albums each since leaving GnR.

Axl has put out one album.

Last man standing? And he never quit?

:facepalm:

I think GNRfanMILO said it best, that's a long the line's I was trying to explain. Not being funny but the music Adler has released has been shit, Izzy hasn't released/wrote anything decent since the early 90's, Duff is in/out so many bands..but he's doing the whole Rock entrepreneur thing and seems happy enough doing that although it all mostly seems GnR related, that band he walked away from that he gets multiple checks from a year, not to mention what he makes from books. Slash on the other hand...yes he releases a lot of music but to me his actual playing has not progressed since the Illusions its definitely not better, VR, Slither & FTP and then whole lot of filler, solo records are mediocre, I think his tiny work with Andrew Stockdale & M Shadows are light years better than what he has done with Myles Kennedy, who is not a bad singer its just he keeps on note but doesn't change with the progression of the music, I need to feel the emotion of the song not the same notes for four minutes. Yes, we have little music from GnR the last 20 + years but I guarantee Axl has the most music behind the scenes at his disposal, and the best quality music.

But - in all due respect - you are mixing up your own personal OPINION and preference with logic and common sense. I'm not taking a shot at you, as we all do this at times. But you are letting your Axl Rose fan-boyness keep you from looking at this issue logically.

Your conclusions are flawed as they are all tied to your PERSONAL feelings about Adler's music, about Scott and Myles as singers, etc. You don't think Slash has progressed as a writer/musician - but you think Axl has. That's just YOUR personal preference. Lots of people disagree with you.

So if you want to say "who do we personally think has had the better post-classic line-up career".........then your comments would be valid.

But taking personal preference out of it? What I'm about to say is all fact - no personal opinion.

Axl has released one album since the old band broke-up. How many songs he has UNRELEASED and sitting in his vault is irrelevant and pure speculation. That album is loved by some, hated by others, and didn't make that big of a splash in the music world. It certainly didn't fare as well as an Axl Rose, Guns n Roses, most anticipated album of all time, 14 million dollars and 13 years to make album should have.

Slash has released seven studio albums since the break-up. He was in a band with Duff and Matt that outsold and outperformed Axl and GnR. VR put out more albums, sold more copies and received way more critical acclaim than CD did.

Slash also tours more than Axl. And Slash has performed with numerous other artists - whether at the huge cultural event the Super Bowl or just jamming with other big name musicians, ranging in various musical genres.

I can't even count the amount of albums Duff has released and played on. Somebody posted that info awhile back and it's something like he has appeared on 15 different albums.

I'm not going to look up Adler and Izzy. But hasn't Izzy put out like 5-6 albums? And I think Adler has put out 3-4.

So to say that Axl is the last man standing is simply ludicrious. Every other past member of GnR has been more productive than Axl Rose. Even Gilby. Every single one of them.

To say that Axl never quit is simply ludicrious. One album in the last 16 years. He has disappeared for YEARS at a time where nobody heard from him. He has barely toured.

The reason we only have one album and random touring is because Axl has basically quit.

Those are facts - no opinions.

Do I have a personal preference and opinion?

Yes.

I love CD 1000 times more than anything Slash has released.

I hated VR.

Loaded bored me to death - live and their studio albums.

I like some of Izzy's solo stuff - but most of it is too boring for me.

Surprisingly enough, some of the music Adler has released is pretty catchy.

But my 30 year love of my favorite singer of all time doesn't change the actual facts.

Last man standing and he never quit.....I'm still in shock that those words came out of your mouth. It's like you took the complete opposite of what actually happened.

Playing the Superbowl with the Black Eyed Peas, didn't exactly make Slash look like a Rock N Roll rebel. Bit earlier than that he came out refusing to allow Glee to use GnR music, so he thought fuck it I'll play with the Black Eyed Peas instead.

Slash & and Duff quit almost twenty years ago, that's how much respect for the fans they have, they took a hired gun like Sorum and valued his opinion higher than Axl's, you know the guy who wrote the majority of the bands hits & most famous songs. Slash & Duff write autobiography's about past experiences in Guns, but they ain't pulling the ship anymore & they haven't for like 20 years, but hell I'm sure the GnR fans will go out there way to buy my book.

John, Paul, George and Ringo quit The Beatles!!! Are you saying they didn´t have respect for the fans? They all kept making albums. McCartney has also performed with all kinds of musicians. He is 73 and he is still making music

But Slash, Duff and Izzy didn´t have the right to quit GN´R? They are still out there making music and performing. There is nothing wrong with that.

Slash and Duff wrote books and they talked about their days with GN´R. But that´s not the only thing they talk about. They talk about everything from their childhood to present time.

What is Axl doing these days? He is just posting all kind of idiotic comments on Twitter. What has he done before? Just one irrelevant album and a few tours here and there. That´s far from a prolific career in the last 20 years

He can do what he wants. We don't dictate his actions.

Not sure if it would happen. Lots of shite went down, Steven taking Axl/Guns to court & not to mention being speedballed out his mind, Izzy quiting & sending lawyers after Axl, with more demands, Slash quitting and talking out his arse for years in the press, Duff quitting because Slash did & thinking fuck it were done with Axl's antics...let's go play with Scott Weiland instead. Axl is the last man standing, he never quit and you can throw any accusations at him, one album in 20 years, and so on...the guy never quit, so just remember next time you make fun out of someone he's dragged Guns this far, from late nineties obscurity, well the other members couldn't give a fuck about Guns.

Axl never quit? One album in the last 23 years, disappearing for literally YEARS at a time...........All Axl has done is USE the GnR name to replenish his bank account every 4-5 years.

Can you supply evidence of "Slash talking out of his arse for years in the press."

Axl is the last man standing? And he never quit?

This might be your most laughable post on the forum.

Adler has almost died a couple times and been in and out of rehab numerous times and STILL has managed to release more music than Axl has.

Axl had the HUGE advantage over all the old members simply by keeping the name GnR. That's the only reason he kept it. He clearly didn't keep the name to further the band or keep the band alive. One album. One album. One album.

Duff, Izzy and Slash have all put out (or played on) like 10 different albums each since leaving GnR.

Axl has put out one album.

Last man standing? And he never quit?

I think GNRfanMILO said it best, that's a long the line's I was trying to explain. Not being funny but the music Adler has released has been shit, Izzy hasn't released/wrote anything decent since the early 90's, Duff is in/out so many bands..but he's doing the whole Rock entrepreneur thing and seems happy enough doing that although it all mostly seems GnR related, that band he walked away from that he gets multiple checks from a year, not to mention what he makes from books. Slash on the other hand...yes he releases a lot of music but to me his actual playing has not progressed since the Illusions its definitely not better, VR, Slither & FTP and then whole lot of filler, solo records are mediocre, I think his tiny work with Andrew Stockdale & M Shadows are light years better than what he has done with Myles Kennedy, who is not a bad singer its just he keeps on note but doesn't change with the progression of the music, I need to feel the emotion of the song not the same notes for four minutes. Yes, we have little music from GnR the last 20 + years but I guarantee Axl has the most music behind the scenes at his disposal, and the best quality music.

But - in all due respect - you are mixing up your own personal OPINION and preference with logic and common sense. I'm not taking a shot at you, as we all do this at times. But you are letting your Axl Rose fan-boyness keep you from looking at this issue logically.

Your conclusions are flawed as they are all tied to your PERSONAL feelings about Adler's music, about Scott and Myles as singers, etc. You don't think Slash has progressed as a writer/musician - but you think Axl has. That's just YOUR personal preference. Lots of people disagree with you.

So if you want to say "who do we personally think has had the better post-classic line-up career".........then your comments would be valid.

But taking personal preference out of it? What I'm about to say is all fact - no personal opinion.

Axl has released one album since the old band broke-up. How many songs he has UNRELEASED and sitting in his vault is irrelevant and pure speculation. That album is loved by some, hated by others, and didn't make that big of a splash in the music world. It certainly didn't fare as well as an Axl Rose, Guns n Roses, most anticipated album of all time, 14 million dollars and 13 years to make album should have.

Slash has released seven studio albums since the break-up. He was in a band with Duff and Matt that outsold and outperformed Axl and GnR. VR put out more albums, sold more copies and received way more critical acclaim than CD did.

Slash also tours more than Axl. And Slash has performed with numerous other artists - whether at the huge cultural event the Super Bowl or just jamming with other big name musicians, ranging in various musical genres.

I can't even count the amount of albums Duff has released and played on. Somebody posted that info awhile back and it's something like he has appeared on 15 different albums.

I'm not going to look up Adler and Izzy. But hasn't Izzy put out like 5-6 albums? And I think Adler has put out 3-4.

So to say that Axl is the last man standing is simply ludicrious. Every other past member of GnR has been more productive than Axl Rose. Even Gilby. Every single one of them.

To say that Axl never quit is simply ludicrious. One album in the last 16 years. He has disappeared for YEARS at a time where nobody heard from him. He has barely toured.

The reason we only have one album and random touring is because Axl has basically quit.

Those are facts - no opinions.

Do I have a personal preference and opinion?

Yes.

I love CD 1000 times more than anything Slash has released.

I hated VR.

Loaded bored me to death - live and their studio albums.

I like some of Izzy's solo stuff - but most of it is too boring for me.

Surprisingly enough, some of the music Adler has released is pretty catchy.

But my 30 year love of my favorite singer of all time doesn't change the actual facts.

Last man standing and he never quit.....I'm still in shock that those words came out of your mouth. It's like you took the complete opposite of what actually happened.

Playing the Superbowl with the Black Eyed Peas, didn't exactly make Slash look like a Rock N Roll rebel. Bit earlier than that he came out refusing to allow Glee to use GnR music, so he thought fuck it I'll play with the Black Eyed Peas instead.

Slash & and Duff quit almost twenty years ago, that's how much respect for the fans they have, they took a hired gun like Sorum and valued his opinion higher than Axl's, you know the guy who wrote the majority of the bands hits & most famous songs. Slash & Duff write autobiography's about past experiences in Guns, but they ain't pulling the ship anymore & they haven't for like 20 years, but hell I'm sure the GnR fans will go out there way to buy my book.

I give up.

Slash/Duff/Izzy had so little respect for the "fans" that they've released about 20 albums worth of material since leaving Axl.

Axl has sooo MUCH respect for the fans that he has released ONE album, rarely communicates with fans, rarely tours and disappears for years at a time.

Serious question, and not being a smartass at all. But are you capable of discussing GnR/Axl honestly, or is your Axl fan-boy meter just so high that can't have a logical discussion about him? I'm as big of an Axl fan-boy as there is on this forum. Have been for 30 years. But I can still look at things logically and not just TWIST everything to hype Axl up and downgrade the old band members. I've been a Cowboys fan since birth, but I can still admit we have a terrible owner and haven't been a relevant team in 20 years. Doesn't make me less of a fan - just means I can think and reason logically.

Nobody said he couldn't. Nobody said we would.

And - just like Slash/Duff/Izzy can do what they want to do.

Or does your logic only apply to Axl?

Bono, you are psycho lol

No kidding.

You guys are idiots. You got some fucktard in this thread saying that I'd cry and kill myself if a reunion happened and Axl didn't hold his own. Like WTF? For years I've said if a reunion happend Axl wold be the weak link. I know full well what to expect. I'm the psycho? Fucking twats. The psychos around here are the losers who have lost all touch with reality. I see the GnR situtaion for exactly what it is, which is way more than I can say for insane number of half wits around here.

Bono, you are psycho lol

No kidding.

You guys are idiots. You got some fucktard in this thread saying that I'd cry and kill myself if a reunion happened and Axl didn't hold his own. Like WTF? For years I've said if a reunion happend Axl wold be the weak link. I know full well what to expect. I'm the psycho? Fucking twats. The psychos around here are the losers who have lost all touch with reality. I see the GnR situtaion for exactly what it is, which is way more than I can say for insane number of half wits around here.

Yeah, don't feel like reading. What's the context of this? And anyone who uses the word "fucktard" is a moron.

Wkuk can't be serious. Slash and Duff quit the band when they were at their limits. When dealing with Axl became impossible. Him and gunner act like their departure was the easiest decision they've ever made. It obviously isn't. Obviously.

Wkuk can't be serious. Slash and Duff quit the band when they were at their limits. When dealing with Axl became impossible. Him and gunner act like their departure was the easiest decision they've ever made. It obviously isn't. Obviously.

Thing is, the band as it existed up until 1995 had already been dissolved when they quit. It was a new band they were asked to rejoin. Axl basically wanted them to join new gnr as hireling employees. For Slash and Duff to stay is to ask that, two equal legal partners, both major contributors but especially Slash who was on par with Axl, would accept a reduction in their status to 'hacks', with a Dizzy Reed legal arrangement. It would be the equivalence of asking Lennon, founder of The Beatles, to become an employee of McCartney under a new band also called 'The Beatles'.

• Like 2

Thing is, the band as it existed up until 1995 had already been dissolved when they quit. It was a new band they were asked to rejoin. Axl basically wanted them to join new gnr as hireling employees. For Slash and Duff to stay is to ask that, two equal legal partners, both major contributors but especially Slash who was on par with Axl, would accept a reduction in their status to 'hacks', with a Dizzy Reed legal arrangement. It would be the equivalence of asking Lennon, founder of The Beatles, to become an employee of McCartney under a new band also called 'The Beatles'.

True. It's great to talk to fans who don't try to rewrite history to fit their fanboy imaginary world.