Duff Open to AFD-era reunion

izzy92

It will probably happen at some point. There is obviously no Guns N Roses right now. Axl must also realize that he can't take a year or two break doing nothing and then reemerge with his fake GnR lineup and have people be into it. Nobody cares about his vision for the band anymore. Ship has sailed big time. It's gotten to the point now it's reunion or bust.

not every fan wants a reunion - accept it

Hahaha I laugh my fucking ass off at people like you who say this as if you actually believe you don't want it. I GUARANTEE that if and when a reunion is announced you will be just like everyone else. Creaming your pants, saying how amazing it will be to see them together once again and how long over due it was. YOU like every other fan whether they admit it or not would LOVE a reunion. Accept it.

If you want a Mickey Mouse show, you can watch Axl with his coverband too... This way he is not destroy completely the band's legacy... If Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt /Steven are on board and Axl came out with a Mickey voice, you would kill yourself, and breakdown and cry imho....

It's amazing how delusional are people like you and intercourse

Yeah, the majority of people WANTS a reunion... but they don't follow Axl's current performance...

Some of you follow Axl's current performances and STILL wants a reunion....

sheesh

Haha I would kill myself and break down and cry? STFU. You think my life revolves around a GnR reunion? The only people who would "Kill themselves and break down and cry" are the Axl Rose zealots who claim they don't want a reunion and who have carried the cross of Axl Rose at all costs in the war between him and Slash. These clowns would cry in a ditch because they would either have to lose face and admit how badly they like the idea of a reunion or not talk about it at all. They'd have to fucking sit there and not say shit because they swore on their life they didn't want a reunion yet here it is happening and they can't bring themselves to admit what sheep they were all along in trying to convince the world Axl is better off without the old band. I know what's Axl's voice is like so if you think I'm so fucked in the head that I think a reunion automatically means Axl Rose vocals circa 1987 than I can't do anything but laugh in your face.

I've long said Axl would be the weak link. I'm not clamouring for a reunion but it's reunion or bust at this point and if it happened I'd be more than happy to check it out and support it. What's amazing is how fucking dellusional people like you are who pretend you wouldn't shit your pants if it happened. Mickey Mouse or not it would be fucking cool to see them together again and if you can't comprehend that I feel real bad for you. All you anti reunion people would be outed for the fakes you are. I'd love to see it just to watch you people squirm.

Actually, well, yes

because you are so fucking hostile if somebody disagree with your delusional opinion

the rest is tl;dr

Haha you say I'm hostile yet you tell me I'd kill myself. Ok pal. You say I'm delusional because I KNOW all GnR fans including you would shit and be excited as hell if they announced a reunion. I think you need a reality check. You're trying to be a voice of reason and you're simply being a voice of denial. Deal with it.

Honest question: who the fuck are you? How would you know what i would do if a reunion happen?

What you KNOW it doesn't matter and i think i clearly explain my views and prove why are your "knowledge" is wrong (or would be wrong)

A reunion with current Axl Rose will be a catastrophe.

i think you need a reality check, because you get excited for a few words from the classic guys... yet we hear literally nothing from Axl about this

So at the end of the day, this is just speculation

and yeah, seems like i'm the voice of reason here in this thread

I'm not denying anything, you deny facts, bro

Deal with it

P.S. Bono is a fake ass shithead so i somewhat get where your attitude come from....

Did your whiny bitch ass just get mad because I said you'd do something if a reunion happened? Right after you said I'd kill myself and cry if it did? haha go fuck yourself clown. You can sit there and tell me I'd kill myself if a reunion happened but when I respond you reply like some butthurt fucktard asking "who the fuck are you|?" and asking how do I know what you'd do? Look in the mirror moron.

Your posts in this thread show how fucking clueless you are. Who am I/'m the guy who's backed the idea that Axl Rose would be the weak link in a reunion for YEARS. Get it?! Fucking years I've been sayng that, yet your reading comprehension skills are so incredibly lacking your'e arguing something nobody has evern said. Yo're so mad about something you you think someone said that you don't even know what you'e talking about or who you're arguing it with. Now until you have the slightest clue what you're talking about and the smallest amount of reading comprehesion just STFU.

Edited by Bono

The ship has sailed. Axl would rather live as a bitter, recluse than open up towards forgiveness.

It's not our place to demand a change.

These guys are old as shit anyway. They are way past their prime, Axl especially, who obviously refuses to rehearse and get in shape before tours.

I don't think we are missing much.

Not sure if it would happen. Lots of shite went down, Steven taking Axl/Guns to court & not to mention being speedballed out his mind, Izzy quiting & sending lawyers after Axl, with more demands, Slash quitting and talking out his arse for years in the press, Duff quitting because Slash did & thinking fuck it were done with Axl's antics...let's go play with Scott Weiland instead. Axl is the last man standing, he never quit and you can throw any accusations at him, one album in 20 years, and so on...the guy never quit, so just remember next time you make fun out of someone he's dragged Guns this far, from late nineties obscurity, well the other members couldn't give a fuck about Guns.

• Like 2

I agree with Wkuk in some point. I think that nuGNR is still better than nothing. Of course there are more negative things than positives, but IMO leaving GNR dead would have been much worse than keeping the band alive, specially for people like me who were born after the break up and couldnt see the classic lineup performing.

Things like 2002, 2006, 2009/10 Guns are miles better than nothing. Imagine having NOTHING (zero) from Guns since 1993/4... yeah you may have Live Era, Greatest Hits, but its not the same, its not even close to "something". Bash new Guns all you want, i think its absolutely understandable, i also think that new Guns had more dissapointments than anything, but hey atleast Axl kept the band running, i think its better than leaving Guns dead and 22 fucking years of literally nothing.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

I really hate to say it, but I bet if Axl was the first one to die, the other original members would get back together and use either Myles to sing, which would really piss me off or find another singer and do an AFD tour. Then after they made millions of dollars, they would separate and do what they want.

But of course, Axl Rose is not dying anytime soon, so this won't happen, but the other members who have other bands now have been still doing GNR songs when they tour , so it's kind of like seeing many of the original members singing GNR songs, but not actually all together.

I really hate to say it, but I bet if Axl was the first one to die, the other original members would get back together and use either Myles to sing

Luckily what you think is not a fact.

But of course, Axl Rose is not dying anytime soon, so this won't happen

Says who?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it would happen. Lots of shite went down, Steven taking Axl/Guns to court & not to mention being speedballed out his mind, Izzy quiting & sending lawyers after Axl, with more demands, Slash quitting and talking out his arse for years in the press, Duff quitting because Slash did & thinking fuck it were done with Axl's antics...let's go play with Scott Weiland instead. Axl is the last man standing, he never quit and you can throw any accusations at him, one album in 20 years, and so on...the guy never quit, so just remember next time you make fun out of someone he's dragged Guns this far, from late nineties obscurity, well the other members couldn't give a fuck about Guns.

^This.

:slash::dance::axl:

Hey, hey, hey .... wtf? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate to say it, but I bet if Axl was the first one to die, the other original members would get back together and use either Myles to sing, which would really piss me off or find another singer and do an AFD tour. Then after they made millions of dollars, they would separate and do what they want.

You're forgetting one small point - they have never needed Axl Rose to die to do this.

They could have gotten together in 1995 and gone out as "The Real Guns N Roses" or whatever the fuck was legally allowable but they didn't. They didn't even form a group.

Velvet revolver was almost 10 years later.

Hardly a bunch of men waiting to cash in on the legacy.

Anyway, AC/DC did almost the exact same thing with Brian Johnson as did Metallica and the world seems very happy with the results.

They all bring their own bands in to do 45 minutes each including the current lineup of GNR and then do a 6 song reunion set. Easy money.

PMSL.....'easy money' split by about 30 band members, different crews and different managers.

Do you visit this planet often?

Axl never quit? One album in the last 23 years, disappearing for literally YEARS at a time...........All Axl has done is USE the GnR name to replenish his bank account every 4-5 years.

Can you supply evidence of "Slash talking out of his arse for years in the press."

Axl is the last man standing? And he never quit?

This might be your most laughable post on the forum.

Adler has almost died a couple times and been in and out of rehab numerous times and STILL has managed to release more music than Axl has.

Axl had the HUGE advantage over all the old members simply by keeping the name GnR. That's the only reason he kept it. He clearly didn't keep the name to further the band or keep the band alive. One album. One album. One album.

Duff, Izzy and Slash have all put out (or played on) like 10 different albums each since leaving GnR.

Axl has put out one album.

Last man standing? And he never quit?

:facepalm:

I agree with Wkuk in some point. I think that nuGNR is still better than nothing. Of course there are more negative things than positives, but IMO leaving GNR dead would have been much worse than keeping the band alive, specially for people like me who were born after the break up and couldnt see the classic lineup performing.

Things like 2002, 2006, 2009/10 Guns are miles better than nothing. Imagine having NOTHING (zero) from Guns since 1993/4... yeah you may have Live Era, Greatest Hits, but its not the same, its not even close to "something". Bash new Guns all you want, i think its absolutely understandable, i also think that new Guns had more dissapointments than anything, but hey atleast Axl kept the band running, i think its better than leaving Guns dead and 22 fucking years of literally nothing.

Better than Axl going the solo route and releasing 4-5 albums?

Axl never quit? One album in the last 23 years, disappearing for literally YEARS at a time...........All Axl has done is USE the GnR name to replenish his bank account every 4-5 years.

Can you supply evidence of "Slash talking out of his arse for years in the press."

Adler has almost died a couple times and been in and out of rehab numerous times and STILL has managed to release more music than Axl has.

Axl had the HUGE advantage over all the old members simply by keeping the name GnR. That's the only reason he kept it. He clearly didn't keep the name to further the band or keep the band alive. One album. One album. One album.

Duff, Izzy and Slash have all put out (or played on) like 10 different albums each since leaving GnR.

I think GNRfanMILO said it best, that's a long the line's I was trying to explain. Not being funny but the music Adler has released has been shit, Izzy hasn't released/wrote anything decent since the early 90's, Duff is in/out so many bands..but he's doing the whole Rock entrepreneur thing and seems happy enough doing that although it all mostly seems GnR related, that band he walked away from that he gets multiple checks from a year, not to mention what he makes from books. Slash on the other hand...yes he releases a lot of music but to me his actual playing has not progressed since the Illusions its definitely not better, VR, Slither & FTP and then whole lot of filler, solo records are mediocre, I think his tiny work with Andrew Stockdale & M Shadows are light years better than what he has done with Myles Kennedy, who is not a bad singer its just he keeps on note but doesn't change with the progression of the music, I need to feel the emotion of the song not the same notes for four minutes. Yes, we have little music from GnR the last 20 + years but I guarantee Axl has the most music behind the scenes at his disposal, and the best quality music.

Considering Axl folded Guns N' Roses in late 1995, none of them actually quit the band that existed 1985-1995. They quit a band which Axl had just created recently, which just happens to share the same name as the former band. Same logic applies to Axl. It is difficult for Axl to quit Guns when he Guns did not exist any longer.

I think GNRfanMILO said it best, that's a long the line's I was trying to explain. Not being funny but the music Adler has released has been shit, Izzy hasn't released/wrote anything decent since the early 90's, Duff is in/out so many bands..but he's doing the whole Rock entrepreneur thing and seems happy enough doing that although it all mostly seems GnR related, that band he walked away from that he gets multiple checks from a year, not to mention what he makes from books. Slash on the other hand...yes he releases a lot of music but to me his actual playing has not progressed since the Illusions its definitely not better, VR, Slither & FTP and then whole lot of filler, solo records are mediocre, I think his tiny work with Andrew Stockdale & M Shadows are light years better than what he has done with Myles Kennedy, who is not a bad singer its just he keeps on note but doesn't change with the progression of the music, I need to feel the emotion of the song not the same notes for four minutes. Yes, we have little music from GnR the last 20 + years but I guarantee Axl has the most music behind the scenes at his disposal, and the best quality music.

I think Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler make more albums because they musicians. The same way that a lawyer works in a law firm or in the court room. I can´t ask a lawyer to sell burritos at Taco Bell. So there is nothing wrong with them making music despite not being in GN´R anymore.

Of course people have the right to feel that their music it is not their cup of tea. I like some of their music but not everything they have done. Yet they show there is life outside GN´R.

When it comes to Axl I don´t think it was worthy of all the trouble and all the many years he spent on CD. The album didn´t make much of an impact after all, neither the new band because of the revolving door members. I won´t bet my life on the unheard songs being the new Night At The Opera or the new The Dark Side Of The Moon because all we have heard is Going Down (I mean full song no remix) Now Going Down is ok but it´s far from being any master piece. What evidence do I have that everything in The Vault is by far better than Contraband or anything done by Adler, Duff. Slash or Izzy?

Sure I wish Axl could make more albums. But I don´t have great expectations about the quality of the songs

But - in all due respect - you are mixing up your own personal OPINION and preference with logic and common sense. I'm not taking a shot at you, as we all do this at times. But you are letting your Axl Rose fan-boyness keep you from looking at this issue logically.

Your conclusions are flawed as they are all tied to your PERSONAL feelings about Adler's music, about Scott and Myles as singers, etc. You don't think Slash has progressed as a writer/musician - but you think Axl has. That's just YOUR personal preference. Lots of people disagree with you.

So if you want to say "who do we personally think has had the better post-classic line-up career".........then your comments would be valid.

But taking personal preference out of it? What I'm about to say is all fact - no personal opinion.

Axl has released one album since the old band broke-up. How many songs he has UNRELEASED and sitting in his vault is irrelevant and pure speculation. That album is loved by some, hated by others, and didn't make that big of a splash in the music world. It certainly didn't fare as well as an Axl Rose, Guns n Roses, most anticipated album of all time, 14 million dollars and 13 years to make album should have.

Slash has released seven studio albums since the break-up. He was in a band with Duff and Matt that outsold and outperformed Axl and GnR. VR put out more albums, sold more copies and received way more critical acclaim than CD did.

Slash also tours more than Axl. And Slash has performed with numerous other artists - whether at the huge cultural event the Super Bowl or just jamming with other big name musicians, ranging in various musical genres.

I can't even count the amount of albums Duff has released and played on. Somebody posted that info awhile back and it's something like he has appeared on 15 different albums.

I'm not going to look up Adler and Izzy. But hasn't Izzy put out like 5-6 albums? And I think Adler has put out 3-4.

So to say that Axl is the last man standing is simply ludicrious. Every other past member of GnR has been more productive than Axl Rose. Even Gilby. Every single one of them.

To say that Axl never quit is simply ludicrious. One album in the last 16 years. He has disappeared for YEARS at a time where nobody heard from him. He has barely toured.

The reason we only have one album and random touring is because Axl has basically quit.

Those are facts - no opinions.

Do I have a personal preference and opinion?

Yes.

I love CD 1000 times more than anything Slash has released.

I hated VR.

Loaded bored me to death - live and their studio albums.

I like some of Izzy's solo stuff - but most of it is too boring for me.

Surprisingly enough, some of the music Adler has released is pretty catchy.

But my 30 year love of my favorite singer of all time doesn't change the actual facts.

Last man standing and he never quit.....I'm still in shock that those words came out of your mouth. It's like you took the complete opposite of what actually happened.

But - in all due respect - you are mixing up your own personal OPINION and preference with logic and common sense. I'm not taking a shot at you, as we all do this at times. But you are letting your Axl Rose fan-boyness keep you from looking at this issue logically.

Your conclusions are flawed as they are all tied to your PERSONAL feelings about Adler's music, about Scott and Myles as singers, etc. You don't think Slash has progressed as a writer/musician - but you think Axl has. That's just YOUR personal preference. Lots of people disagree with you.

So if you want to say "who do we personally think has had the better post-classic line-up career".........then your comments would be valid.

But taking personal preference out of it? What I'm about to say is all fact - no personal opinion.

Axl has released one album since the old band broke-up. How many songs he has UNRELEASED and sitting in his vault is irrelevant and pure speculation. That album is loved by some, hated by others, and didn't make that big of a splash in the music world. It certainly didn't fare as well as an Axl Rose, Guns n Roses, most anticipated album of all time, 14 million dollars and 13 years to make album should have.

Slash has released seven studio albums since the break-up. He was in a band with Duff and Matt that outsold and outperformed Axl and GnR. VR put out more albums, sold more copies and received way more critical acclaim than CD did.

Slash also tours more than Axl. And Slash has performed with numerous other artists - whether at the huge cultural event the Super Bowl or just jamming with other big name musicians, ranging in various musical genres.

I can't even count the amount of albums Duff has released and played on. Somebody posted that info awhile back and it's something like he has appeared on 15 different albums.

I'm not going to look up Adler and Izzy. But hasn't Izzy put out like 5-6 albums? And I think Adler has put out 3-4.

So to say that Axl is the last man standing is simply ludicrious. Every other past member of GnR has been more productive than Axl Rose. Even Gilby. Every single one of them.

To say that Axl never quit is simply ludicrious. One album in the last 16 years. He has disappeared for YEARS at a time where nobody heard from him. He has barely toured.

The reason we only have one album and random touring is because Axl has basically quit.

Yes.

I hated VR.

But my 30 year love of my favorite singer of all time doesn't change the actual facts.

Last man standing and he never quit.....I'm still in shock that those words came out of your mouth. It's like you took the complete opposite of what actually happened.

Playing the Superbowl with the Black Eyed Peas, didn't exactly make Slash look like a Rock N Roll rebel. Bit earlier than that he came out refusing to allow Glee to use GnR music, so he thought fuck it I'll play with the Black Eyed Peas instead.

Slash & and Duff quit almost twenty years ago, that's how much respect for the fans they have, they took a hired gun like Sorum and valued his opinion higher than Axl's, you know the guy who wrote the majority of the bands hits & most famous songs. Slash & Duff write autobiography's about past experiences in Guns, but they ain't pulling the ship anymore & they haven't for like 20 years, but hell I'm sure the GnR fans will go out there way to buy my book.

Edited by wkuk04

Playing the Superbowl with the Black Eyed Peas, didn't exactly make Slash look like a Rock N Roll rebel. Bit earlier than that he came out refusing to allow Glee to use GnR music, so he thought fuck it I'll play with the Black Eyed Peas instead.

Slash & and Duff quit almost twenty years ago, that's how much respect for the fans they have, they took a hired gun like Sorum and valued his opinion higher than Axl's, you know the guy who wrote the majority of the bands hits & most famous songs. Slash & Duff write autobiography's about past experiences in Guns, but they ain't pulling the ship anymore & they haven't for like 20 years, but hell I'm sure the GnR fans will go out there way to buy my book.

Bit of an overstatement considering, of GN'R's top five hits (which are placed here, in order of US chart position),

Sweet Child O' Mine (#1)

November Rain (#3)

Patience (#4)

Paradise City (#5)

Welcome to the Jungle (#7)

Axl is the sole writer, on only just one of them (November Rain). Slash in fact co-wrote three, the same number of co-writing credits as Rose receives. Izzy also co-wrote three and provides one solo song writing credit himself (Patience). McKagan also contributed (Paradise City).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Yes.

I hated VR.

John, Paul, George and Ringo quit The Beatles!!! Are you saying they didn´t have respect for the fans? They all kept making albums. McCartney has also performed with all kinds of musicians. He is 73 and he is still making music

But Slash, Duff and Izzy didn´t have the right to quit GN´R? They are still out there making music and performing. There is nothing wrong with that.

Slash and Duff wrote books and they talked about their days with GN´R. But that´s not the only thing they talk about. They talk about everything from their childhood to present time.

What is Axl doing these days? He is just posting all kind of idiotic comments on Twitter. What has he done before? Just one irrelevant album and a few tours here and there. That´s far from a prolific career in the last 20 years