Duff Open to AFD-era reunion

izzy92

Who says it's all up to Axl?

Izzy might be down to jump up on stage with these guys every once in a while, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would want to be a part of the level of attention that a reunion would bring. I know he's said he'd do it at one point, but would he really?

Not saying it won't happen someday, but I suspect Axl isn't the only remaining roadblock in the mix.

No reunion until Axl gets in shape and starts sounding decent again. In other words, never.

I think its all connected. Knowing how childish Axl is, i wouldnt be surprised if he gets in shape and goes to a vocal coach again just to be on the same level as Slash and not be embarrased by him or some other crazy idea that he may think about.

I mean, if he ever wants to reunite with them. He WILL have to get in shape, he loves being the center of attention and i think even more if Slash is involved.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Izzy might be down to jump up on stage with these guys every once in a while, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would want to be a part of the level of attention that a reunion would bring. I know he's said he'd do it at one point, but would he really?

Not saying it won't happen someday, but I suspect Axl isn't the only remaining roadblock in the mix.

Good point. But does izzy really matter for a reunion? The answer for true fans is yes, but for the general public it's a hell no. They wouldn't make any less money if izzy wasn't there. Only thing that matters is Axl and slash

Good point. But does izzy really matter for a reunion? The answer for true fans is yes, but for the general public it's a hell no. They wouldn't make any less money if izzy wasn't there. Only thing that matters is Axl and slash

I get what you're saying, but it seems doubtful Axl and Slash could ever reconcile their differences without the combined efforts of Izzy and Duff to keep the peace. Surely it would have a decidedly less.... sentimental feel about it?

The whole idea seems pointless without the original five. Also, don't underestimate the marketing appeal of a tour with the original five members. Obviously it wouldn't be a dealbreaker from a promoter's standpoint (by any means), but I imagine the Izzy factor would have more commercial clout than we'd assume.

I get what you're saying, but it seems doubtful Axl and Slash could ever reconcile their differences without the combined efforts of Izzy and Duff to keep the peace. Surely it would have a decidedly less.... sentimental feel about it?

The whole idea seems pointless without the original five. Also, don't underestimate the marketing appeal of a tour with the original five members. Obviously it wouldn't be a dealbreaker from a promoter's standpoint (by any means), but I imagine the Izzy factor would have more commercial clout than we'd assume.

Honest question - you believe having izzy stradlin involved in a reunion would sell any more tickets then reunion without him?

I definitely agree with the holding the peace thing of duff and izzy mostly duff. I feel like izzy wouldn't bother with any mess and just leave if it got annoying to him.

There is no GnR "reunion" without Izzy.... Dont kid youself...

I dont buy a ticket if Izzy isnt there.... Period....

Edited by pacu44

Duff won't say a word. He's the bridge between dysfunctional elements. The new GNR band is done as far as i can tell. Until i'm told otherwise Axl might actually be quitting unless he wants one last pay day that actually makes a difference in the world. it's not about money. but it helps :)

There is no GnR "reunion" without Izzy.... Dont kid youself...

I dont buy a ticket if Izzy isnt there.... Period....

So that's *one*.

Like most people, I think it'd definitely be cooler if Izzy was there. But if it's Matt & Gilby instead of Steven & Izzy, the same amount of money gets made.

fortunately, both Axl and Izzy don't give a fuck

Why fortunately? What the fuck else is Axl doing besides slowly losing more band members in his band and tweeting about boxing matches and the like.

not every fan wants a reunion - accept it

how old are you? were you born in 1987?

Honest question - you believe having izzy stradlin involved in a reunion would sell any more tickets then reunion without him?

I definitely agree with the holding the peace thing of duff and izzy mostly duff. I feel like izzy wouldn't bother with any mess and just leave if it got annoying to him.

Not "Izzy Stradlin" specifically - I'm just saying that from a promoter's perspective, the idea of "The Original 5 reunited" as a tagline is somewhat more appealing than "The Original 4 and a replacement member".

Like I said, it's no dealbreaker, but it's not something that would be ignored entirely.

I feel like there must be a chance because they keep talking about it.

I guess they are kind of caught between saying doubt it and putting blame on Axl, and yes but Axl won't do it.

Question: When Axl says not in this lifetime to reunion questions, what do you think he means?

Izzy has already reunited. First when VR was a project he called Slash and he went to jam with them. And there was another reunion (without Axl) when they performed at the AFD 20 year annyversary. Izzy has shown interested but of course he won´t do it at all cost. And that´s also the case with Slash and Duff. They won´t be Axl´s toys. That´s why it is up to Axl. They won´t tolerate Axl´s behavior from the UYI Tour. They don´t want riots, they don´t want to take the stage 2 hour late, they don´t want TB as managers and they don´t want to be mere emplyees. Is Axl willing to give up all that crap?

• Like 1

Question: When Axl says not in this lifetime to reunion questions, what do you think he means?

It was an attempt to put all the reunion talk in the past. I think the cancer comment and the not in this lifetime thing was Axl's way of really making it clear that nothing has really changed. He's not interested in doing anything that involves Slash in the flesh. He was pissed off when Marc released his book and as Marc said, Axl doesn't want to promote old Guns cause in his opinion it undermines what he's trying to do with new Guns. Axl's response to the hall of fame thing kinda fit into this as well.

I don't think it worked. It seems no matter who you are or what you say, some people just want a reunion so they believe there's a chance, even if the reality of the situation is that Axl didn't change his position regarding Slash for years, and he's getting old.

Will people still want a reunion in 7 years? 10 years? I wouldn't. And what's 10 years for Axl? I don't believe it will happen.

I guess there would be a new deal for a reunion tour. But some things you can't control, or not completely. How can you guarantee Axl won't be late? Stipulate that Axl has to be holding hands with Slash backstage 1 hour before the show in the contract. If not the plug is pulled. If they make a big deal out of it then that could be a problem too.

fortunately, both Axl and Izzy don't give a fuck

Why fortunately? What the fuck else is Axl doing besides slowly losing more band members in his band and tweeting about boxing matches and the like.

yeah you and three others....

It was an attempt to put all the reunion talk in the past. I think the cancer comment and the not in this lifetime thing was Axl's way of really making it clear that nothing has really changed. He's not interested in doing anything that involves Slash in the flesh. He was pissed off when Marc released his book and as Marc said, Axl doesn't want to promote old Guns cause in his opinion it undermines what he's trying to do with new Guns. Axl's response to the hall of fame thing kinda fit into this as well.

I don't think it worked. It seems no matter who you are or what you say, some people just want a reunion so they believe there's a chance, even if the reality of the situation is that Axl didn't change his position regarding Slash for years, and he's getting old.

Will people still want a reunion in 7 years? 10 years? I wouldn't. And what's 10 years for Axl? I don't believe it will happen.

So why do Slash and Duff keep saying maybe?

It's plain to see Axl's pov.

But do they know he's not as set in his mind as that? They must know it kind of causes Axl some problems to deal with the reunion demand, so I doubt they would say it if there wasn't a real chance. But maybe it just goes with the territory.

It will probably happen at some point. There is obviously no Guns N Roses right now. Axl must also realize that he can't take a year or two break doing nothing and then reemerge with his fake GnR lineup and have people be into it. Nobody cares about his vision for the band anymore. Ship has sailed big time. It's gotten to the point now it's reunion or bust.

Hahaha I laugh my fucking ass off at people like you who say this as if you actually believe you don't want it. I GUARANTEE that if and when a reunion is announced you will be just like everyone else. Creaming your pants, saying how amazing it will be to see them together once again and how long over due it was. YOU like every other fan whether they admit it or not would LOVE a reunion. Accept it.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1