Duff Open to AFD-era reunion

izzy92

Who says it's all up to Axl?

Izzy might be down to jump up on stage with these guys every once in a while, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would want to be a part of the level of attention that a reunion would bring. I know he's said he'd do it at one point, but would he really?

Not saying it won't happen someday, but I suspect Axl isn't the only remaining roadblock in the mix.

Izzy has already reunited. First when VR was a project he called Slash and he went to jam with them. And there was another reunion (without Axl) when they performed at the AFD 20 year annyversary. Izzy has shown interested but of course he won´t do it at all cost. And that´s also the case with Slash and Duff. They won´t be Axl´s toys. That´s why it is up to Axl. They won´t tolerate Axl´s behavior from the UYI Tour. They don´t want riots, they don´t want to take the stage 2 hour late, they don´t want TB as managers and they don´t want to be mere emplyees. Is Axl willing to give up all that crap?

Yeah - and he backed away from VR at the last minute because he doesn't like the spotlight. Exactly the same reason he left guns in the first place, and the same reason you barely hear anything from him by way of interviews/press, even when he releases new albums.

Even if Axl came around on all the points you (and others, many times) have raised - I still think Izzy values the privacy of his existence too highly to partake in a full-scale reunion. That's all I was saying, everyone is always putting it down to Axl, but I think Izzy would be fairly resistant to the idea as well.

There's a lot of negativity around the idea of these men working together again, me included...but there is also the possibility that, like Duff & Axl, these sober more worldly-wise men find themselves enjoying the best of each other - once reunited.

The wave of excitement that they would find themselves on with fans etc coming out in droves to see the old band again could drive a late renaissance for GNR.

The difference this time is that there really is so little left to loose.

If they make an album and its just "good" - so what? CD and all of Slash's post GNR work is "good" at best. It won't be the end of the world.

If they tour, they could do half the amount of gigs but in monster venues, allowing everyone especially Axl to rest between gigs while still making major coin. That takes more pressure off.

If Axl managed to let go of 20 years of hate, I think he'd be reborn...hate is exhausting and his brand has been particularly destructive and all consuming.

He could well emerge lean, fit, at peace and ready to take back the "old giants" circuit from Springsteen, U2 and Metallica.

I can but dream...a horrible long fucking silence with DJ interviews popping up now and again alluding to a tour is probably all I'm going to get.

Being a fan of Axl's GNR is like wanking with boxing gloves on.

• Like 1

Izzy might be down to jump up on stage with these guys every once in a while, but he doesn't strike me as someone that would want to be a part of the level of attention that a reunion would bring. I know he's said he'd do it at one point, but would he really?

Not saying it won't happen someday, but I suspect Axl isn't the only remaining roadblock in the mix.

Izzy has already reunited. First when VR was a project he called Slash and he went to jam with them. And there was another reunion (without Axl) when they performed at the AFD 20 year annyversary. Izzy has shown interested but of course he won´t do it at all cost. And that´s also the case with Slash and Duff. They won´t be Axl´s toys. That´s why it is up to Axl. They won´t tolerate Axl´s behavior from the UYI Tour. They don´t want riots, they don´t want to take the stage 2 hour late, they don´t want TB as managers and they don´t want to be mere emplyees. Is Axl willing to give up all that crap?

Yeah - and he backed away from VR at the last minute because he doesn't like the spotlight. Exactly the same reason he left guns in the first place, and the same reason you barely hear anything from him by way of interviews/press, even when he releases new albums.

Even if Axl came around on all the points you (and others, many times) have raised - I still think Izzy values the privacy of his existence too highly to partake in a full-scale reunion. That's all I was saying, everyone is always putting it down to Axl, but I think Izzy would be fairly resistant to the idea as well.

Izzy came back in 93 when Gilbby was injured. He has also joined nuGN´R in 2006, later in London and in Vegas. He left because he was fed up with Axl. And because Slash and Duff were high and drunk 24/7. He was sober so it wasn´t good for him to be around them not because of the spotlight. Now Slash and Duff are sober as well. The issue is Axl´s antics and his entourage, not only for Izzy but for all of them.

Hmm yeah who knows what izzy would be down for I kinda just take for granted he'd be down for it of Axl was, but what if he's not that into it and it's Axl who will not do it without izzy?

fortunately, both Axl and Izzy don't give a fuck

Why fortunately? What the fuck else is Axl doing besides slowly losing more band members in his band and tweeting about boxing matches and the like.

not every fan wants a reunion - accept it

So if there's an announcement tomorrow you would be sad about a reunion? Why? No offense, just curious.

I think if you just start using your logic you will find out...

Axl can't sing anymore

he is done

A reunion most likely tarnish their remaining legacy...

Good point. But does izzy really matter for a reunion? The answer for true fans is yes, but for the general public it's a hell no. They wouldn't make any less money if izzy wasn't there. Only thing that matters is Axl and slash
I get what you're saying, but it seems doubtful Axl and Slash could ever reconcile their differences without the combined efforts of Izzy and Duff to keep the peace. Surely it would have a decidedly less.... sentimental feel about it?

The whole idea seems pointless without the original five. Also, don't underestimate the marketing appeal of a tour with the original five members. Obviously it wouldn't be a dealbreaker from a promoter's standpoint (by any means), but I imagine the Izzy factor would have more commercial clout than we'd assume.

Honest question - you believe having izzy stradlin involved in a reunion would sell any more tickets then reunion without him?

I definitely agree with the holding the peace thing of duff and izzy mostly duff. I feel like izzy wouldn't bother with any mess and just leave if it got annoying to him.

Not "Izzy Stradlin" specifically - I'm just saying that from a promoter's perspective, the idea of "The Original 5 reunited" as a tagline is somewhat more appealing than "The Original 4 and a replacement member".

Like I said, it's no dealbreaker, but it's not something that would be ignored entirely.

fair point, but Axl still managed to somewhat sell this coverband as Guns N' Roses for promotion purposes...

Izzy only matters really if they make another new album

and if Axl can sing again

otherwise Gilby/Matt should be enough for a big reunion milking cashgrab

Why fortunately? What the fuck else is Axl doing besides slowly losing more band members in his band and tweeting about boxing matches and the like.

how old are you? were you born in 1987?

oh not this shit again....

Some of you are really blind and deaf as fuck if you think GNR could be as big as they were when you were a teen

Like i said a 100 times: If Axl could bring his 2010 level, that would be fine. If not, screw this. If it happens and they want to make a new record, they need Izzy. Otherwise it would be a clusterfuck

It will probably happen at some point. There is obviously no Guns N Roses right now. Axl must also realize that he can't take a year or two break doing nothing and then reemerge with his fake GnR lineup and have people be into it. Nobody cares about his vision for the band anymore. Ship has sailed big time. It's gotten to the point now it's reunion or bust.

Hahaha I laugh my fucking ass off at people like you who say this as if you actually believe you don't want it. I GUARANTEE that if and when a reunion is announced you will be just like everyone else. Creaming your pants, saying how amazing it will be to see them together once again and how long over due it was. YOU like every other fan whether they admit it or not would LOVE a reunion. Accept it.

If you want a Mickey Mouse show, you can watch Axl with his coverband too... This way he is not destroy completely the band's legacy... If Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt /Steven are on board and Axl came out with a Mickey voice, you would kill yourself, and breakdown and cry imho....

It's amazing how delusional are people like you and intercourse

Yeah, the majority of people WANTS a reunion... but they don't follow Axl's current performance...

Some of you follow Axl's current performances and STILL wants a reunion....

sheesh

It will probably happen at some point. There is obviously no Guns N Roses right now. Axl must also realize that he can't take a year or two break doing nothing and then reemerge with his fake GnR lineup and have people be into it. Nobody cares about his vision for the band anymore. Ship has sailed big time. It's gotten to the point now it's reunion or bust.

Hahaha I laugh my fucking ass off at people like you who say this as if you actually believe you don't want it. I GUARANTEE that if and when a reunion is announced you will be just like everyone else. Creaming your pants, saying how amazing it will be to see them together once again and how long over due it was. YOU like every other fan whether they admit it or not would LOVE a reunion. Accept it.

If you want a Mickey Mouse show, you can watch Axl with his coverband too... This way he is not destroy completely the band's legacy... If Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt /Steven are on board and Axl came out with a Mickey voice, you would kill yourself, and breakdown and cry imho....

Yeah, the majority of people WANTS a reunion... but they don't follow Axl's current performance...

sheesh

Haha I would kill myself and break down and cry? STFU. You think my life revolves around a GnR reunion? The only people who would "Kill themselves and break down and cry" are the Axl Rose zealots who claim they don't want a reunion and who have carried the cross of Axl Rose at all costs in the war between him and Slash. These clowns would cry in a ditch because they would either have to lose face and admit how badly they like the idea of a reunion or not talk about it at all. They'd have to fucking sit there and not say shit because they swore on their life they didn't want a reunion yet here it is happening and they can't bring themselves to admit what sheep they were all along in trying to convince the world Axl is better off without the old band. I know what's Axl's voice is like so if you think I'm so fucked in the head that I think a reunion automatically means Axl Rose vocals circa 1987 than I can't do anything but laugh in your face.

I've long said Axl would be the weak link. I'm not clamouring for a reunion but it's reunion or bust at this point and if it happened I'd be more than happy to check it out and support it. What's amazing is how fucking dellusional people like you are who pretend you wouldn't shit your pants if it happened. Mickey Mouse or not it would be fucking cool to see them together again and if you can't comprehend that I feel real bad for you. All you anti reunion people would be outed for the fakes you are. I'd love to see it just to watch you people squirm.

sheesh

Haha I would kill myself and break down and cry? STFU. You think my life revolves around a GnR reunion? The only people who would "Kill themselves and break down and cry" are the Axl Rose zealots who claim they don't want a reunion and who have carried the cross of Axl Rose at all costs in the war between him and Slash. These clowns would cry in a ditch because they would either have to lose face and admit how badly they like the idea of a reunion or not talk about it at all. They'd have to fucking sit there and not say shit because they swore on their life they didn't want a reunion yet here it is happening and they can't bring themselves to admit what sheep they were all along in trying to convince the world Axl is better off without the old band. I know what's Axl's voice is like so if you think I'm so fucked in the head that I think a reunion automatically means Axl Rose vocals circa 1987 than I can't do anything but laugh in your face.

I've long said Axl would be the weak link. I'm not clamouring for a reunion but it's reunion or bust at this point and if it happened I'd be more than happy to check it out and support it. What's amazing is how fucking dellusional people like you are who pretend you wouldn't shit your pants if it happened. Mickey Mouse or not it would be fucking cool to see them together again and if you can't comprehend that I feel real bad for you. All you anti reunion people would be outed for the fakes you are. I'd love to see it just to watch you people squirm.

Actually, well, yes

because you are so fucking hostile if somebody disagree with your delusional opinion

the rest is tl;dr

Edited by Strange Broue

The difference is between really wanting it and would enjoy it if it happened. It would definitely be a big thing, not sure how desperate the average fan is. I feel like if people were that bother the new Guns shows would be empty. It's definitely a strange situation where there's a completely different line up that's been touring since 09. Then the idea is a complete change of blood.

I wouldn't put it past Axl not to return until 2020. Wait for it to bubble up again.

The difference is between really wanting it and would enjoy it if it happened. It would definitely be a big thing, not sure how desperate the average fan is. I feel like if people were that bother the new Guns shows would be empty. It's definitely a strange situation where there's a completely different line up that's been touring since 09. Then the idea is a complete change of blood.

I wouldn't put it past Axl not to return until 2020. Wait for it to bubble up again.

The name=audience and money

The name with the classic members= sell out arenas and more money

Case closed

It doesn't change the fact that it would be shit if Axl couldn't pull off his better voice again

So that is why i'm "anti reunion" (if the anti reunion thing exist, because it's clear that Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about a reunion or what people thinks on a message board)

yeah, reunion or bust, my ass, zealots

Edited by Strange Broue

sheesh

Actually, well, yes

because you are so fucking hostile if somebody disagree with your delusional opinion

the rest is tl;dr

Haha you say I'm hostile yet you tell me I'd kill myself. Ok pal. You say I'm delusional because I KNOW all GnR fans including you would shit and be excited as hell if they announced a reunion. I think you need a reality check. You're trying to be a voice of reason and you're simply being a voice of denial. Deal with it.

The name=audience and money

The name with the classic members= sell out arenas and more money

Case closed

It doesn't change the fact that it would be shit if Axl couldn't pull off his better voice again

So that is why i'm "anti reunion" (if the anti reunion thing exist, because it's clear that Axl doesn't give a flying fuck about a reunion or what people thinks on a message board)

yeah, reunion or bust, my ass, zealots

I just wonder what the split is between desperate for a reunion and people who just go if it happened.

Izzy would do a reunion Tour, he is in good terms with Axl, Duff and Slash, but there are high chances of him backing out at the last moment or leaving inbetween the tour, but well Gilby can fill in for him

Maybe Izzy has a medical problem? it is pretty weird that he doesn't tours, he released so many albums, but no tours, not even a full set, Just popping inbetween to play 2 or 3 songs

Izzy could have easily done some full tours with Duff or Slash

And as we speak for a reunion, it all depends on Axl, I hope Duff is not on Axl's blacklist now cause maybe his Nanny would have gone "Are you seeing this Axl, you called Duff your friend and now he is talking about the old band and Slash and he doesn't wants you to move forward"

To be honest Marc dint do anything wrong to Axl, but still Marc came on the blacklist, so I hope things between Axl and Duff remain cool

sheesh

so what's the "correct" thing to want then Brue ?

A shit singer still with his cabaret band or the original band together with the hope that Axl may actually work himself back into the right kind of shape to match expectations?

At least I'd get 50% of what I like about GNR back, even if he is shit.

And for the record, I'm not "delusional"...I have no expectations of these burned out old queens anymore. I'm just along for the ride.

Now take your meds and go out and get some air; you're taking this too seriously.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

The only thing I don't understand is why it's so hard for Duff/Slash to talk about. Every time they're asked a direct question they get really awkward, stumble through their words and ask for clarification.

because it gets blown up in the papers, online, etc. etc. etc. Slash goes on CBS to talk illegal poaching and the illegal ivory trade. And the headlines for the next week blare "Slash open to GnR reunion" and "Slash, a GnR Reunion would be fun" and "There's no animosity between Axl and Slash".

That's only 3 of the headlines I recall seeing for the last week since the interview.

And as much as I'd love to see the AFD 5 on stage again. The fact remains, Axl is by far the weakest link and would make the remaining members look bad IMO.

sheesh

Actually, well, yes

the rest is tl;dr

Haha you say I'm hostile yet you tell me I'd kill myself. Ok pal. You say I'm delusional because I KNOW all GnR fans including you would shit and be excited as hell if they announced a reunion. I think you need a reality check. You're trying to be a voice of reason and you're simply being a voice of denial. Deal with it.

Honest question: who the fuck are you? How would you know what i would do if a reunion happen?

What you KNOW it doesn't matter and i think i clearly explain my views and prove why are your "knowledge" is wrong (or would be wrong)

A reunion with current Axl Rose will be a catastrophe.

i think you need a reality check, because you get excited for a few words from the classic guys... yet we hear literally nothing from Axl about this

So at the end of the day, this is just speculation

and yeah, seems like i'm the voice of reason here in this thread

I'm not denying anything, you deny facts, bro

Deal with it

P.S. Bono is a fake ass shithead so i somewhat get where your attitude come from....

sheesh

so what's the "correct" thing to want then Brue ?

A shit singer still with his cabaret band or the original band together with the hope that Axl may actually work himself back into the right kind of shape to match expectations?

At least I'd get 50% of what I like about GNR back, even if he is shit.

And for the record, I'm not "delusional"...I have no expectations of these burned out old queens anymore. I'm just along for the ride.

Now take your meds and go out and get some air; you're taking this too seriously.

There's no such thing as correct if we're talking about "what we want"

If we talking about what will happen if we want x and y and z is an other thing

The whole premise of hope applies to a reunion so like i said, this is just a speculation

I don't think i need meds, because i'm not the one who hope anything in this situation from washed up rockstars

I'm typing from my balcony and the weather here is excellent right now so you might as well take your own advice :)

Edited by Strange Broue

Good point. But does izzy really matter for a reunion? The answer for true fans is yes, but for the general public it's a hell no. They wouldn't make any less money if izzy wasn't there. Only thing that matters is Axl and slash
I get what you're saying, but it seems doubtful Axl and Slash could ever reconcile their differences without the combined efforts of Izzy and Duff to keep the peace. Surely it would have a decidedly less.... sentimental feel about it?

The whole idea seems pointless without the original five. Also, don't underestimate the marketing appeal of a tour with the original five members. Obviously it wouldn't be a dealbreaker from a promoter's standpoint (by any means), but I imagine the Izzy factor would have more commercial clout than we'd assume.

Honest question - you believe having izzy stradlin involved in a reunion would sell any more tickets then reunion without him?

I definitely agree with the holding the peace thing of duff and izzy mostly duff. I feel like izzy wouldn't bother with any mess and just leave if it got annoying to him.

Not "Izzy Stradlin" specifically - I'm just saying that from a promoter's perspective, the idea of "The Original 5 reunited" as a tagline is somewhat more appealing than "The Original 4 and a replacement member".

Like I said, it's no dealbreaker, but it's not something that would be ignored entirely.

fair point, but Axl still managed to somewhat sell this coverband as Guns N' Roses for promotion purposes...

Izzy only matters really if they make another new album

and if Axl can sing again

otherwise Gilby/Matt should be enough for a big reunion milking cashgrab

how old are you? were you born in 1987?

oh not this shit again....

Some of you are really blind and deaf as fuck if you think GNR could be as big as they were when you were a teen

Like i said a 100 times: If Axl could bring his 2010 level, that would be fine. If not, screw this. If it happens and they want to make a new record, they need Izzy. Otherwise it would be a clusterfuck

You didnt understand my question

I am asking his/her age because i am pretty sure that anyone that saw GNR back when GNR existed wants a reunion.

Nah. I'm apathetic toward the whole thing. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, oh well.

Not sure because I wasn't THAT excited by the Faith No More reunion. But they did a great album. I kind of expect GNR to do a reunion, it would be the least surprising thing they could do. Coming round the bend, welcome home my friend.