DJ gets in a fight again

Just going on twitter or Facebook is kind of uncool. I don't think he looks like a tool to most people. That's what everyone is like. Taking photos and tweeting and posting non stop for no reason. Jobs is the messiah of narcissism.

Of course GNR fans are much more outlaw than that, they start crying when Axl is late.

We need Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris to take down Apple stores one iPhone carrier at a time. Your periscoping a shot in the toilet and chuck comes crashing through the door and takes you, the door and your iPhone out in one move of devestating precision.

I don't so much mean the overall presence of DJ on social media, but the ridicule worthy posts like that "movie... paused" one from a few weeks back. What other middle aged man feels the need to put up a picture of his girlfriend/wife unzipping his pants, just to show that, yes indeed, he does have sex. What does his fan base even consist of?

I have a feeling we'd be surprised on all counts.

But I think DJ is a symptom of the culture right. Maybe in the past people had stuff to do but life seems to have got pretty easy. Nobody cooks or does there own laundry or even goes shopping. Also young people without families are just on social media all the time. So there's nothing to do but take selfies of your pants.

But maybe it's a culture of extended adolescence. I don't go on Facebook but it just seems full if 40-50 years kind still think they matter? Like they went to the gym. #beimpressed

My idea is he's not weird he's just another guy on twitter. What he posts maybe annoying in the GNR subset. But out there in reality it's just common place. Normal guy in most dangerous band in the world territory. #idontrealiseimnotnotthatmuchofabadassandcouldneverbeasbadassastheclassiuneupgnrever

But maybe it's a culture of extended adolescence.

Most definitely. That's a thing, as I imagine you're aware. People with fancy degrees talk about it and shit.
I've been listening to too many Jim Florentine podcasts.

DJ just doesn't seem that out of bounds compared to other twitter posters.

• Like 1

Of course he's a symptom of the culture. But he's also a 40 year-old man.

That pretty much exactly sums it up.

He uses social media like most 17-year-old girls do - not like you'd expect to see a 40-year-old rock star use it.

DJ sooooo desperately wants to be considered a "rock star" in the same vein as guys like Slash, Ozzy, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Axl Rose, Keith Richards, etc. The guy does nothing original, everything he does/says is him just trying to "be" like an old school rock star. When Nikki Sixx and Ozzy Osbourne were snorting ants off the side walk and drinking their own piss - while drunk and high out of their minds - they were just crazy lunatic high rock stars having a go at each other. They were NOT doing it with cameras on their hip so they could take a picture of their actions and immediately post them for the world to see. If DJ was involved in some crazy situation like that, the guy would be taking selfies and posting it on FB, twitter and instagram before the event was even finished. Everything he does is about self promotion. Look at me, look at me, look at me.

It's the age old question.

Would you rather:

1. Have a three-way with Kate Upton and Scarlett Johanson, but you could never tell anybody that it happened. Not even your best friend.

2. NOT have a three-way with Kate and Scarlett. BUT they gave you permission to tell everybody that you did, and they would even say "yes" if people asked if it happened. "Yes, about a year ago Scarlett and I got really drunk after a movie premier and ended up having a three-way with (insert your name)."

Most of us would choose option number one.

Guys like DJ would choose option number two.

Most definitely. That's a thing, as I imagine you're aware. People with fancy degrees talk about it and shit.

Jim might be my favorite podcaster out there right now. Guy tells it how it is.

• Like 1

Of course he's a symptom of the culture. But he's also a 40 year-old man.

That pretty much exactly sums it up.

He uses social media like most 17-year-old girls do - not like you'd expect to see a 40-year-old rock star use it.

DJ sooooo desperately wants to be considered a "rock star" in the same vein as guys like Slash, Ozzy, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Axl Rose, Keith Richards, etc. The guy does nothing original, everything he does/says is him just trying to "be" like an old school rock star. When Nikki Sixx and Ozzy Osbourne were snorting ants off the side walk and drinking their own piss - while drunk and high out of their minds - they were just crazy lunatic high rock stars having a go at each other. They were NOT doing it with cameras on their hip so they could take a picture of their actions and immediately post them for the world to see. If DJ was involved in some crazy situation like that, the guy would be taking selfies and posting it on FB, twitter and instagram before the event was even finished. Everything he does is about self promotion. Look at me, look at me, look at me.

It's the age old question.

Would you rather:

1. Have a three-way with Kate Upton and Scarlett Johanson, but you could never tell anybody that it happened. Not even your best friend.

2. NOT have a three-way with Kate and Scarlett. BUT they gave you permission to tell everybody that you did, and they would even say "yes" if people asked if it happened. "Yes, about a year ago Scarlett and I got really drunk after a movie premier and ended up having a three-way with (insert your name)."

Most of us would choose option number one.

Guys like DJ would choose option number two.

Jim might be my favorite podcaster out there right now. Guy tells it how it is.
Wasn't Jim there with Eddie Trunk when Axl made them wait for TMS interview? One guy was wriggling his chair as Axl ducked and dived. Was that Jim.

He's on Ep 8 of Louie killing it for rock n roll.