DJ gets in a fight again

Full question and answer:

Angela: You spent quite a bit of time with GNR and Axl. Did you come home with any hilarious or epic stories?

DJ Ashba: Oh, there are so many funny times. Oh my god, I’m tryin’ to think, man – with all the chaos that went on, there are so many good ones.
Angela: Did you pull pranks on each other?
DJ Ashba: Definitely, yeah we do. I remember there was a time when me and Axl got in a bar fight. We kicked the livin’ shit outta this dude. [Laughing] First of all, he snuck into this private after show party that was just held for the band and the crew. So it was this drunk, obnoxious guy, big dude. He walks in and he’s telling everyone there he’s our manager and we’re like “What the fuck is he talking about?” Anyway, he was asked to leave several times and didn’t. He actually turned around at one point and punched one of our tour managers. I saw it so I grabbed the guy by his throat and slammed him up against the wall and I said, “You need to fuckin’ leave now!”
I walked him over to the door, and he turned around and punched me in the face, so I just started unloading on him. Axl saw him hit me and flipped and jumped in, so we’re stompin’ this guy to a pulp, but it was all in good fun. Then, what was funny about it is, about three hours later we get done partyin’, went up and the guy’s a bloody mess sittin’ in the lobby. We walk up and he apologizes for being a douchebag and then he asks if he can get pictures with us and autographs. So we’re taking pictures with this guy we literally kicked the shit out of. It was all good; we all laughed about it at the end, he even laughed. He was like “Yeah, it was my fault. I was bein’ a total dick.” It was one of those things where it was just a funny moment.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/05/31/dj-ashba-interview-talking-les-pauls-gnr-and-sixx-am/

Whatever happened to one on one fights? What is this stupid shit of "Axl Rose jumping in" to help Ashba? Can't the 40 year old man fight his own fights like... normal people do?

Axl Rose will never fight anyone by himself. He's a coward.

Whatever happened to one on one fights? What is this stupid shit of "Axl Rose jumping in" to help Ashba? Can't the 40 year old man fight his own fights like... normal people do?

"Never put passion in front of principle, even if you win, you lose"

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

"Axl saw him hit me and flipped and jumped in, so we’re stompin’ this guy to a pulp, but it was all in good fun."

:facepalm:

#nobullying...

What's worse - that he no doubt exaggerated what happened by 95% or that a 40-year old man is bragging about being in a fist fight?

"Axl saw him hit me and flipped and jumped in, so we’re stompin’ this guy to a pulp, but it was all in good fun."

#nobullying...

What's worse - that he no doubt exaggerated what happened by 95% or that a 40-year old man is bragging about being in a fist fight?

I think, more than anything, it's this kind of thing that makes it hard for people to support the guy.

As I said many times over, DJ was a nice guy when I spoke to him briefly five years ago. However, there seems to be a disconnect with how he promotes himself and the musical heft and credibility behind him. The "bad boy rock star" persona only goes as far as what a musician produces. Personally, I don't hear anything in Sixxx AM or any of DJ's other projects that justifies this rock persona he perpetually promotes and fosters. Guys like Axl and Slash would be nothing today if it weren't for the genius found within their music; their adolescent and incorrigible behaviour of yesteryear was condoned, if not encouraged, thanks largely because they could write and perform like rock stars. This furthermore speaks to authenticity and genuineness that I think belies much of what DJ shares in interviews and on social media services. Is he really deep down a bad ass or does he act this way because he thinks this is what is expected of him? More times than not myself, and apparently many others, see more of the latter in him than a true rock n' roller. Very nice to talk to in person, but he's a little too much fashion over function for my taste.

• Like 4

Full question and answer:

Angela: You spent quite a bit of time with GNR and Axl. Did you come home with any hilarious or epic stories?

DJ Ashba: Oh, there are so many funny times. Oh my god, I’m tryin’ to think, man – with all the chaos that went on, there are so many good ones.
Angela: Did you pull pranks on each other?
DJ Ashba: Definitely, yeah we do. I remember there was a time when me and Axl got in a bar fight. We kicked the livin’ shit outta this dude. [Laughing] First of all, he snuck into this private after show party that was just held for the band and the crew. So it was this drunk, obnoxious guy, big dude. He walks in and he’s telling everyone there he’s our manager and we’re like “What the fuck is he talking about?” Anyway, he was asked to leave several times and didn’t. He actually turned around at one point and punched one of our tour managers. I saw it so I grabbed the guy by his throat and slammed him up against the wall and I said, “You need to fuckin’ leave now!”
I walked him over to the door, and he turned around and punched me in the face, so I just started unloading on him. Axl saw him hit me and flipped and jumped in, so we’re stompin’ this guy to a pulp, but it was all in good fun. Then, what was funny about it is, about three hours later we get done partyin’, went up and the guy’s a bloody mess sittin’ in the lobby. We walk up and he apologizes for being a douchebag and then he asks if he can get pictures with us and autographs. So we’re taking pictures with this guy we literally kicked the shit out of. It was all good; we all laughed about it at the end, he even laughed. He was like “Yeah, it was my fault. I was bein’ a total dick.” It was one of those things where it was just a funny moment.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/05/31/dj-ashba-interview-talking-les-pauls-gnr-and-sixx-am/

This story is more fake than his twitter followers....

#nobullying...

I think, more than anything, it's this kind of thing that makes it hard for people to support the guy.

As I said many times over, DJ was a nice guy when I spoke to him briefly five years ago. However, there seems to be a disconnect with how he promotes himself and the musical heft and credibility behind him. The "bad boy rock star" persona only goes as far as what a musician produces. Personally, I don't hear anything in Sixxx AM or any of DJ's other projects that justifies this rock persona he perpetually promotes and fosters. Guys like Axl and Slash would be nothing today if it weren't for the genius found within their music; their adolescent and incorrigible behaviour of yesteryear was condoned, if not encouraged, thanks largely because they could write and perform like rock stars. This furthermore speaks to authenticity and genuineness that I think belies much of what DJ shares in interviews and on social media services. Is he really deep down a bad ass or does he act this way because he thinks this is what is expected of him? More times than not myself, and apparently many others, see more of the latter in him than a true rock n' roller. Very nice to talk to in person, but he's a little too much fashion over function for my taste.

giphy.gif

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Terrible quote.

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Terrible quote.

I would say utter shit quote

I don't really mind DJ, he reminds me of one of my small children.

Always looking for daddies attention.

But if Beta is mommy, how can Axl be daddy? Oh wait... :wacko: On second thought, not sure I really wanna know.

Edited by EvH

#nobullying...

A+ post, Downzy

mr-miyagi-smiling.jpg

Terrible quote.

I would say utter shit quote

Yeah, that could work too.

Reality is DJ connects with a lot of hash tag / suns out, guns out people. Weekend bikers and accountants with tattoos know the score.

This is what happens when real rockers condone soberism.

What else is there to do in hotel room other than # and selfie?

You either promote yourself or you don't.

Edited by wasted

Reality is DJ connects with a lot of hash tag / suns out, guns out people. Weekend bikers and accountants with tattoos know the score.

This is what happens when real rockers condone soberism.

What else is there to do in hotel room other than # and selfie?

You either promote yourself or you don't.

Oops clicked something to quote that and it posted before I typed my opinion, which is that DJ Ashba must have the self awareness of a goldfish if he hasn't figured out a way to not look like a tool on social media

Holy fuck what a train wreck ^^^^, that's why I don't go on these mobile sites usually

Just going on twitter or Facebook is kind of uncool. I don't think he looks like a tool to most people. That's what everyone is like. Taking photos and tweeting and posting non stop for no reason. Jobs is the messiah of narcissism.

Of course GNR fans are much more outlaw than that, they start crying when Axl is late.

We need Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris to take down Apple stores one iPhone carrier at a time. Your periscoping a shot in the toilet and chuck comes crashing through the door and takes you, the door and your iPhone out in one move of devestating precision.

Just going on twitter or Facebook is kind of uncool. I don't think he looks like a tool to most people. That's what everyone is like. Taking photos and tweeting and posting non stop for no reason. Jobs is the messiah of narcissism.

Of course GNR fans are much more outlaw than that, they start crying when Axl is late.

We need Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris to take down Apple stores one iPhone carrier at a time. Your periscoping a shot in the toilet and chuck comes crashing through the door and takes you, the door and your iPhone out in one move of devestating precision.

I don't so much mean the overall presence of DJ on social media, but the ridicule worthy posts like that "movie... paused" one from a few weeks back. What other middle aged man feels the need to put up a picture of his girlfriend/wife unzipping his pants, just to show that, yes indeed, he does have sex. What does his fan base even consist of?