Duff would like to keep on making music with Izzy

I truly do laugh at fans who never grow up and pine for the days of their heros being in their 20s again. If 20 or 30 years later you want your rockstars to be exactly what they were 20 or 30 years ago you're a boring person and I'd venture a guess saying you're life hasn't evolved much in those years. Something sad about people wanting their rockstar heros to never change. I'd find it rather lame if as artists and people these guys didn't change. It would be pretty pathetic actually.

I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore.

For the record, Estranged is one of my favorite songs. I'm just saying it had no impact outside the hardcore base.

What are you talking about, they were playing that song every hour on mtv. You probably weren't even born then.

Wrong on all counts. They played it for like a day, it didn't catch on, and then they pretty much stopped playing it at all. Maybe you'd see it once a week.

I was born. You are angry.

Off topic but seems to me Duff is more comfortable with Izzy or even with Axl these days than with Slash

I would not look too much into Duff playing with Izzy since Duff has played on just about every Stradlin album since the second one in 1998.

• Like 1

I truly do laugh at fans who never grow up and pine for the days of their heros being in their 20s again. If 20 or 30 years later you want your rockstars to be exactly what they were 20 or 30 years ago you're a boring person and I'd venture a guess saying you're life hasn't evolved much in those years. Something sad about people wanting their rockstar heros to never change. I'd find it rather lame if as artists and people these guys didn't change. It would be pretty pathetic actually.

How about act like you want ? Some rock stars grow "mature", others are like Keith, or Lemmy. I prefer second router, but each to his own. You know whats pathetic ? To believe you have a right to tel others how to act. Not everyone in 50s needs to be clean, sober mature daddy. Age is just a number, act like you want. If you want to be upstand citizen, and family man, so be it, but dont tel others that they are lau gh able or sth....But, wait, Im talking to someone nicknamed Bono, thats one bad ass rocker... Edited by acor

i've said it before, i'm about to say it again: duff was one of the least interesting members of the band back in the day when he was sick, bloated, and loaded on drugs and booze; today, he's probably the most respectable, well-spoken, honest, likable dude around. i love the guy and everything his story represents. good on him.

I feel EXACTLY opposite...
??
Prefer old Duff, the one who wrote Its So Easy and So Fine, over this "mature" version who is more a celebrity than musician and only thing he writes are apologetic books.
I don't know why you'd qualify mature with quote marks - that's exactly what it is - he's more mature. He grew up. It's what functional adults do - the world doesn't need more fucked up old musicians or dead rock stars. He's played music continually. It doesn't have the same audience as it did 20 years ago - that's the market, and the times.

There's the stuff you write in your 20s, and there's the stuff you write in your 50s. He's a husband and a father to 2 girls and his days of Its So Easy and So Fine are long behind him - and there's nothing wrong with that. If you're the same emotionally and artistically at 50 as you were at 25, you fucked up.

Duff and Izzy matured. Axl and Stephen aged. It's different, and it's obvious.

Im not saying "something is wrong with that", just saying I prefer old (young ???) Duff and find that version of him more interesting, both personally and especially musically. And for second part of your post, I guess Keith Richards and Lemmy Kilminster are fuck ed up...And BTW - if reunion ever comes true, I hope no songs about being a daddy...

Ok granted - I wouldn't want to hear about the joys of fatherhood - that's been done.

And Keith and Lemmy are the exceptions to everything. EV E RY THING.

When Duff gets up on stage, he's not in the mindset of a 50-something father of 2. I also think the rotating mix of musicians plays into enjoying what he does a lot more than seeing the same guys day in and day out. In GNR's case, they spend enough time apart to enjoy each other's company, and by the time they're on each others nerves, the tour's over. Duff got just enough alone time with Axl to mend the fences that needed mending.

Duff makes a point to not make it all about business with his past and present bandmates and sometimes just wants to get together with them over dinner. I think that's why he and Izzy reconnect in the studio, there's no pressure on them to do it. When you see old friends, after a few days you're kind of ready to go back to your own lives anyway. Slash and Duff do the Kings of Chaos together and maybe some studio stuff here and there, go to each other's shows, so they get a lot of "quality time" in when they see each other.

Actually it would be cool if Duff and Izzy find a singer (real singer to sing old GNR songs) and start a full time band, with recording albums and touring. This would be more GNR than Axl's NuGuns or Slash band. Plus they could play So Fine and Dust N Bones/14 Years every night. But I think Izzy doesn't want to work with frontman, or participating in GNR nostalgia act.

Someone should be asking Duff if Izzy's going to do some Kings of Chaos shows instead of Axl questions.

I don't see that at all as a fit for Izzy.

I can see Duff and Izzy joining an unrelated band as a one-off.

Someone should be asking Duff if Izzy's going to do some Kings of Chaos shows instead of Axl questions.

It's something Duff or Matt would have to answer whether or not they've asked him, it seems like it would be easy money and no pressure on him doing songs he co-wrote plus the other artists they are on stage with. They're short runs anyway, no different than when he tagged along with GNR and did some dates.

It's something Duff or Matt would have to answer whether or not they've asked him, it seems like it would be easy money and no pressure on him doing songs he co-wrote plus the other artists they are on stage with. They're short runs anyway, no different than when he tagged along with GNR and did some dates.

I'm sure someone has asked him if he would join. I don't see him playing other people's hits. I don't think Izzy is going to get on stage with Slash without Axl because it would look like a reunion

and get attention he doesn't seem to want. Other than that, would be great if Izzy played live more.