Trendy real estate/places to live.

Snake-Pit

The sort of properties perhaps listed in GQ Magazine or Harrod's Real Estate..

I think I've found one coming soon.

Battersea Power Station

battersea-Pink-floyd.jpeg

Me being me was viewing their 3 bedroom flat option with prices up to £3, 600, 000

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/newhomes/battersea-power-station/3-bed-flat-nwca3877828/

Edited by Snake-Pit

I have heard from loads of people recently who have cleared off from London because they cannot afford to live there anymore. You rent a shitty one bedroomed flat for £600 per month minimum which would get you are three-four bed roomed house oop north.

Yeah, but; nobody wants to live oop north.

When I watch the show "Million Dollar real estate from New York" I get real depressed seeing all those apartments in NYC that got for millions of dollars and how some buyers will give you cash? What do these people do for a living that they have millions of dollars of cash laying around?

Anyway, I find it very interesting because some of the "in" places to live in NYC now were low rent apartments back in the 60's or neighborhoods that went to slums are now millions of dollars.

I mean people are fighting to live in Harlem now. No one wanted to live in Harlem when I was a kid. and I grew up in Bushwick in Brooklyn, which was very bad and we had to move out, now it's one of the places that's being built up again and charging tons of money to live there.

I wish I invested in real estate

When I watch the show "Million Dollar real estate from New York" I get real depressed seeing all those apartments in NYC that got for millions of dollars and how some buyers will give you cash? What do these people do for a living that they have millions of dollars of cash laying around?

Anyway, I find it very interesting because some of the "in" places to live in NYC now were low rent apartments back in the 60's or neighborhoods that went to slums are now millions of dollars.

I mean people are fighting to live in Harlem now. No one wanted to live in Harlem when I was a kid. and I grew up in Bushwick in Brooklyn, which was very bad and we had to move out, now it's one of the places that's being built up again and charging tons of money to live there.

I wish I invested in real estate

Should've hung it out there Valerie, might've done alright.

• Like 1

I pay £475 to rent a mezzanine flat. Used to pay £425 for a smaller place with a shared bathroom and no seperate kitchen. That's central York prices though. When I was in the wilderness I paid £425 for a massive one-bedroom flat.

I remember I'm lucky that I only have to live with my husband and not flat mates too.

I have heard from loads of people recently who have cleared off from London because they cannot afford to live there anymore. You rent a shitty one bedroomed flat for £600 per month minimum which would get you are three-four bed roomed house oop north.

As opposed to Croydon?

As opposed to Croydon?

One thing I found out about my home borough... We love our weed...

I've worked from one agency or another in construction over a month now that's seen me on sites from Barnes to Banstead to Wimbledon to Croydon to City of London and buildings like The Shard...

In in all those areas on all those sites, Croydon was the only one I ever got stoned on/at... By not 1 but 2 separate potheads and neither or those times was it me who suggested getting high!

Wow... That really put my hometown to perspective right there. I mean, wow, I'm used to working, but when you're working in your hometown (for a change) and they're all smoking and sharing weed - puts Croydon in to perspective. I truly think/feel there is something special/beautiful to working in Croydon. :)

Edited by Snake-Pit

As opposed to Croydon, which nobody wants to disinfect

Fixed :D

Being in the London commuter belt,

That is that moment in Stepford Wives and Invaders from Mars when you realise she has turned? People from Berwick should not be saying things like, ''being in the London commuter belt''. There is something inherently wrong with that.

Being in the London commuter belt,

That is that moment in Stepford Wives and Invaders from Mars when you realise she has turned? People from Berwick should not be saying things like, ''being in the London commuter belt''. There is something inherently wrong with that.

Don't trample the poor girls inclination towards self-betterment, We're all in the gutter Dies', it's just some of us are looking up at the stars :D Except Snakes, whoose looking down a black ladys fanny :lol:

I don't know? You live in the place! I think it basically means you get the tube or the bus often inter London - poncy oversized coffee and laptop/tablet mandatory.

All because you can't afford £1.65 for coffee doesn't mean you should look down on those of us who go to Starbucks.