Assassin's Creed

OmarBradley

Well it's been in development for a while, there was a time when it was dubious as to whether or not it would happen, but a several months ago everything was greenlighted, filming to begin quite soon if I recall correctly.

But today.... without further adieu....... the first imagery related to the movie!!!!!!!!!!!

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/27/first-look-at-michael-fassbender-in-assassins-creed/

09e65040c3fd16923aab811d4da2522ff4dc3a71

Cannot wait for this.

It'll tank

You'll tank.

I'll go see it for sure, but I'm hesitant with video game movies, especially ones that have plots that are better told in the format of the game. I just don't see it working. I hope it does because Assassin's Creed is a very cool story and I'd love to see it work in film.

Who's directing?

• Like 1

It'll tank

You'll tank.

I'll go see it for sure, but I'm hesitant with video game movies, especially ones that have plots that are better told in the format of the game. I just don't see it working. I hope it does because Assassin's Creed is a very cool story and I'd love to see it work in film.

Who's directing?

Justin Kurzel, the MacBeth and Snowtown guy.

remember wasting $60 on the first game

fuck those kids at school that told me the game was dope

First game had its issues, but it was still great. It was sort of groundbreaking. I'm pretty sure it still has ~90% ratings on most popular review sites/magazines.

Hopefully the movie is better than the games.

Hey, for the most part the games are fairly excellent.

video game movies scare the shit out of me, but i will check this movie out it cant possibly be any worse than unity..... right?

:lol:

Honestly, I have had 0 reservations about this, from the moment it was announced years ago, continuing up until now, I've just felt it's going to be awesome. I was a bit afraid the project would be scrapped at certain points, but it looks like we're well beyond that point now.

The shot of Fassbender is a really good sign, the detail on the costume is excellent, and the dark/grittiness to it is hopefully a theme that the film carries with it. And Fassbender has for a long time been one of the most interesting "newer" actors to watch. The second it was announced he would be attached, both in acting and production roles I was thrilled. He said he's played the games too. The cast is good, the director is good, the budget looks good. But as you are all indicating, that doesn't mean it will be good. I've just had very positive feelings about this since the project was announced, and as things continued to develop. The story summary seems all good so far.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

I tried playing AC II and Black Flag. Didn't like either one.

:shrugs:

To each his own. Black Flag may be my favorite game in the series. And II was great. The only weak entries were III, and Unity IMO.

EDIT: If you didn't like those two, AC just isn't for you. Not a big deal, everyone doesn't have to like it - as long as most people like it, I'm good. :P

Edited by OmarBradley

Hopefully the movie is better than the games.

Hey, for the most part the games are fairly excellent.

video game movies scare the shit out of me, but i will check this movie out it cant possibly be any worse than unity..... right?

:lol:

Honestly, I have had 0 reservations about this, from the moment it was announced years ago, continuing up until now, I've just felt it's going to be awesome. I was a bit afraid the project would be scrapped at certain points, but it looks like we're well beyond that point now.

The shot of Fassbender is a really good sign, the detail on the costume is excellent, and the dark/grittiness to it is hopefully a theme that the film carries with it. And Fassbender has for a long time been one of the most interesting "newer" actors to watch. The second it was announced he would be attached, both in acting and production roles I was thrilled. He said he's played the games too. The cast is good, the director is good, the budget looks good. But as you are all indicating, that doesn't mean it will be good. I've just had very positive feelings about this since the project was announced, and as things continued to develop. The story summary seems all good so far.

i think the picture looks really cool and the AC story and universe lends itself to a movie very well.

• Like 1

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Well it's sounding fucking awesome so far, but video game movies have never turned out that great, and I hope the plot doesn't feel rushed since it's most likely going to be 2-3 hours long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...