Axl congratulates Duff (and Guns) on HOF?

I was at that show and the next show in Vancouver. That was all he said about all night though, just a quick thanks to Duff, and I'm pretty sure it was before they played Sorry. He didn't mention anything about the HOF in Vancouver (where Duff also opened).

edit:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Duff is awesome. Love seeing him and Axl

I love watching old videos of the UYI tour where Axl defends the band; like when he called a show to end after Duff got hit with a bottle, or when he used an interpretor to tell a crowd that if anyone in the band is hit with anything (or anyone in the crew, or in the crowd), he'd cancel the show. I know there are negative points to him doing things like this (causing anger, riots, ruining things for fans, being selfish), but from a positive point of view, I see a frontman defending his brothers.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread..

Is the OP trying to prove that Axl was cool with the old band in 2012?

Always thought it was common knowledge that Axl didn't snub the hall of fame over steven and slash, rather over it being those old members burying the new lineup..

Always thought it was common knowledge that Axl didn't snub the hall of fame over steven and slash, rather over it being those old members burying the new lineup..

No real "point" other than I guess I never knew he had anything positive to say about the HOF in regards to it recognizing real Guns and him actually acknowledging real Guns. That's cool/genuine.

No real "point" other than I guess I never knew he had anything positive to say about the HOF in regards to it recognizing real Guns and him actually acknowledging real Guns. That's cool/genuine.

I agree. I remember seeing that and being like "wow surprised he said that" myself so I get ya..

Even more telling, IMHO especially now with all the reunion talk and talk last year of Axl actually willing to reunite the old lineup, is his golden gods acceptance speech. Check out the clip because it's pretty telling that AXL congratulated ALL GNR lineups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybfCvLP-L8