Comments on this article about Sweden (nation of welfare slowly falls apart)

estranged_85

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3317978/Torn-apart-open-door-migrants-Sweden-seen-Europe-s-liberal-nation-violent-crime-soaring-Far-Right-march-reports-SUE-REID.html

just want to hear what you guys in the rest of the world thinks about this article that describes a little bit of what is happening in (my country) Sweden right now. :)

Edited by estranged_85

What's your opinion on this?

Well in short my opinion is that it´s gone to far.. the hole idea of just let anyone pass over the Swedish borders.. Sweden can not afford it financially or get jobs or somewhere to live for all those refugees. there is already a shortage of housing. Swedish government don´t seem to care about this. What have been a top welfare country is now falling down.. fast. Of course I feel sorry for the refugees it is terrible what happens to them, but we can not destroy our country in the process of taking on too many refugees. The Sweden that I grew up in was a country where you never have to be afraid to go out at night, or let your kids play outside. People did not even lock the car door at night. The government cut back on the budget of schools, health care and other essential to finance all this. In the end we all loose.. both refugees and Swedish people.

Sorry if my english grammar is not 100% :)

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 2

It would seem that Sweden's open door immigration policy needs a drastic revision considering the enormous amount of strain its putting on its welfare system. Nations need to find a balance between helping those who find themselves fleeing from their war-torn homes and the domestic needs of their citizens. It would seem as though Sweden is being generous to a fault and in drastic need of some form of shared responsibility with the rest of Europe and other industrialized nations.

On the flip side, parts of Germany has found the wave Syrian refugees as an asset. Doug Saunders of the Globe and Mail outlines in his article published back in March of this year that many Syrian refugees are middle class professionals who are solving work shortage issues. As noted, this was written back in March and things might have changed dramatically.

What's needed is a EU response and shared responsibility. This problem should not be solved by a few generous states. Other nations outside of the EU should step up as well.

• Like 1

According to that article, if you go to Sweden, you gonna get raped.

well.. I understand why most girls are afraid of going out for a walk late in the evening or home from bars.. especially in the big cities nowadays..

It would seem that Sweden's open door immigration policy needs a drastic revision considering the enormous amount of strain its putting on its welfare system. Nations need to find a balance between helping those who find themselves fleeing from their war-torn homes and the domestic needs of their citizens. It would seem as though Sweden is being generous to a fault and in drastic need of some form of shared responsibility with the rest of Europe and other industrialized nations.

On the flip side, parts of Germany has found the wave Syrian refugees as an asset. Doug Saunders of the Globe and Mail outlines in his article published back in March of this year that many Syrian refugees are middle class professionals who are solving work shortage issues. As noted, this was written back in March and things might have changed dramatically.

What's needed is a EU response and shared responsibility. This problem should not be solved by a few generous states. Other nations outside of the EU should step up as well.

Well said! +1

The article doesn't explain whether refugees are legally permitted to find employment in Sweden.

Also, it should be noted, that Sweden's reporting of sexual assaults might be skewed, as it's been argued that the rate of sexual assault being reported in Sweden matches as closely to the real rate of occurrence.

In most other nations there's widespread under-reporting of sexual assault. So any comparative statistics should be taken with a grain of salt. I have no doubt there's an increase, but again, with better education campaigns the increase is likely also attributed to better reporting.

• Like 1

The ministry of social affairs in germany says that 90% of the refugees cannot be integrated into the german labour market. They keep telling us that all refugees are scientists and doctors but I kinda doubt that. But germany is a special case we cannot close the doors anyways.

well.. I understand why most girls are afraid of going out for a walk late in the evening or home from bars.. especially in the big cities nowadays..

Because "Hagamannen" was released this summer, right?

Because "Hagamannen" was released this summer, right?

yeah in the city of Umeå maybe.. but that "Hagamannen" cunt almost got beaten to death after he got released from prison :thumbsup:

What the hell is Sweden doing letting Arabs in? Sweden should surely be about beautiful blond girls, ABBA and homosexual chaps who form boy bands and compete at Eurovision. It is a society based on Aryans in jump suits with sequins and no concept of irony. Do not impose sharia law and rancid kebab shops on these people - granted, they created ABBA but we can surely forgive them that sin?

• Like 2