Towelies had a bad day at the office.

Towelie

So how did the meeting go Towelie?

I was called into a meeting with my manager and my managers manager and walked in all pumped up ready to give em hell.

This was the first time I had ever met the high up manager and I always find it curious how the more senior managers seem to be pretty agreeable folk, it's always the ones who are just above you, they're always the ones that act like jumped up little twats lauding their puny amount of power over you as if they're advisors in the U.S. senate, when essentially they're just a fucking dogsbody, a mug whose taken on a shitload more responsibility for an extra £1.20 an hour. You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones who are essentially just a mouthpiece for the people who actually make the decisions higher up. Well, that's my manager to a T, and it is clearly evident within the first minute that his manager is cringing inwardly as much as I am at his leeching, arse licking ways.

I almost ended up feeling quite sorry for the stupid prick, as I launched into a litany of complaints and highlighted just how disillusioned the majority of my colleagues were and bought to her attention some pretty dire work practises which she was previously completely oblivious to. All this of course reflected quite badly on my manager who was squirming in his seat. His little plan to chastise me in front of the big cheese had clearly blown up in his face as it now feels more as if he's the one in the firing line. He blatantly lied about some stuff and looked to me to agree with him, to save his sorry arse in front of her as if we were now partners in crime. I just sat there and said "I haven't got a clue what you're talking about," cut to him looking mortified and like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

The whole thing was hilariously awkward. It went on for about two hours, but was thoroughly enjoyable for me. As an afterthought, I did promise to be a good boy from here on out and keep my sarcasm to myself. My manager looked like he wanted to lamp me one on the way out of the meeting, bless his cotton socks. It was all I could do not to give him an arrogant wink, but I had promised to behave, and I'd already made a tit of him for the last 2 hours, so I resisted the urge. Just knowing how badly he wanted to lamp me one was satisfaction enough for me, having suffered in silence feeling that way about him for so long.

Edited by Towelie

This how a friend of mine worked his way up the corporate ladder. He basically just always undermined the manager above him. he'd eventually get his job then apply for a job in a different company on more money. I'm not sure he has ever done any work but he's always starting shit in work. The project he works on always fails and he's fired half his team but somehow has his managers job for the next project. I think it's because he's accounting blame early. He sort of documents the failures of each person as the project moves along. So when they assess why the project failed he's got the answers and survives.