The New Soul Revival

RussTCB

I listened to that Curtis Harding one, y'know what, that was quite good! I'd buy the album on the strength of that. It ain't Marvin Gaye or anything but it's i like it, it's quite good, in fact i really like it :) I'll check out that Rateliff fella next. I like the look of that Leon Bridges too, cheers Russ, been ages since someone put some new music my way that caught my interest, was starting to wonder if there was any good music left.

• Like 2

I listened to that Curtis Harding one, y'know what, that was quite good! I'd buy the album on the strength of that. It ain't Marvin Gaye or anything but it's i like it, it's quite good, in fact i really like it :) I'll check out that Rateliff fella next. I like the look of that Leon Bridges too, cheers Russ, been ages since someone put some new music my way that caught my interest, was starting to wonder if there was any good music left.

Right on.

I have a weekly music event (so to speak) at my house. People are encouraged to bring records they think everyone else will like. That's how I heard Nathaniel Rateliff and Curtis Harding for the first time. I've played Leon Bridges and Anderson East for other people that way and ended up having them buy the albums.

I won tickets to see Nathanial Rateliff and I can't wait. Once you listen to the track in the OP, you'll know why.

Right on.

I have a weekly music event (so to speak) at my house. People are encouraged to bring records they think everyone else will like. That's how I heard Nathaniel Rateliff and Curtis Harding for the first time. I've played Leon Bridges and Anderson East for other people that way and ended up having them buy the albums.

I won tickets to see Nathanial Rateliff and I can't wait. Once you listen to the track in the OP, you'll know why.

Good stuff Russ thanks for sharing

So is your music event limited to vinyl only? considering your love for vinyl I was just curious

• Like 1

Russ got me to check out Leon Bridges a few months ago - great debut album.

I'm huge on Mayer Hawthorne and Aloe Blacc, but they're not quite recent enough for most to consider them part of the New Soul Revival.

This Summer I saw St. Paul & The Broken Bones and Vintage Trouble open for the Stones and AC/DC, respectively. Both are on my list of artists to check out, though Vintage Trouble is more of a blues rock band, with a soulful frontman.

Right on.

Good stuff Russ thanks for sharing

So is your music event limited to vinyl only? considering your love for vinyl I was just curious

I added a bluetooth speaker to the main table for that reason. That way anyone can share music pretty much every way possible.

Russ got me to check out Leon Bridges a few months ago - great debut album.

I'm huge on Mayer Hawthorne and Aloe Blacc, but they're not quite recent enough for most to consider them part of the New Soul Revival.

This Summer I saw St. Paul & The Broken Bones and Vintage Trouble open for the Stones and AC/DC, respectively. Both are on my list of artists to check out, though Vintage Trouble is more of a blues rock band, with a soulful frontman.

I absolutely love St Paul.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats' album is great, I really wanted to see him in January but the show sold out fast. 'Howling at Nothing' is another good song by him :)

I love the whole album and it's pretty much been on repeat in my car. I won tickets to the show here in January and I'm so stoked.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats' album is great, I really wanted to see him in January but the show sold out fast. 'Howling at Nothing' is another good song by him :)

I love the whole album and it's pretty much been on repeat in my car. I won tickets to the show here in January and I'm so stoked.

Nice man, all the live clips I've seen of him are really good, I'm jealous :P

• 3 months later...